How many open spots remain for AU?

AU64

7 more:

2 WR (Burt and Davis)

1 CB ( 1 of the three offers from the other day)

1 LB (Holland)

2 DL (Cowart and Key)

1 OT (Ivey or CVO)

Anymore will take a decommitment, probably from Atkinson.

Eight is the number of slots we have left. Whether we can get the quality of players we would like to have to fill eight slots is another matter. If not, we'll sign the punter this year and save a couple of slots for next year.

The answer to AU64's OP question is eight.

It's not that clearly defined yet. If Shannon enrolls before next January. there is 7 spots left. Phillip Marshall reported last week that Golson is in fact on scholly. If true then I promise you without a shadow of a doubt 100% that Goilson counts to either the '14 or "15 class. Remember Corey Grant a couple of years ago? He only walked on for one year and when he went on scholly he had to count against a 25 limit, for 2012 I think it was. Golson the same sitch. he counts against a 25 limit when he starts on scholly.

To simplify all that. Here's the bottom line to the OP. If Shannon does not enroll til January 2016 we will have 8 spots. If he starts class in May, June, or August we have 7 spots left. No ifs, ands, or butts about it.

And....wait for it.....That's no different than what I said. There will be eight if we want eight, seven if we want to sign the punter this time.

To help refresh your memory, here's my quote from post #20 above: "So, if Golson doesn't figure in we have eight slots and if he's going to count against the 2015 class we have seven. Then there's the status of the punter. So, if the punter is flexible we can have eight no matter what Golson does."

Hope that helps you a bit.

ah good....E back one day and already going at it with Mikey....good job guys....keeps things interesting...and who knows, one of you will end up being able to post.... "I told you so"....or perhaps....."you heard it here first". :)

ah good....E back one day and already going at it with Mikey....good job guys....keeps things interesting...and who knows, one of you will end up being able to post.... "I told you so"....or perhaps....."you heard it here first". :)

LOL

Mikey and I may have our Rocky'Apollo Creed fights but neither one of us make those Hoke type statements. That's not who either one of us are.

Mikey and I may have our Rocky'Apollo Creed fights but neither one of us make those Hoke type statements. That's not who either one of us are.

I think 64 was having some fun in regards to a different conversation that was going on in the main football forum, but I might be wrong.

ah good....E back one day and already going at it with Mikey....good job guys....keeps things interesting...and who knows, one of you will end up being able to post.... "I told you so"....or perhaps....."you heard it here first". :)/>

I think 64 was having some fun in regards to a different conversation that was going on in the main football forum, but I might be wrong.

yep....just could not resist....sorry :)

With Sammie leaving early, wouldn't that give us 9 open spots to fill istead of 8?

No, the 8 is based on the max we can sign in any one class, not based on how many we can hold on the roster. There is still the 85 roster limit that we will need to be under. Some attrition will still have to happen there if we sign a full class. Sammie leaving does help us in that respect, but that's all.

Not meaning to sound morbid, but does the loss of Jakell Mitchell open up another scholly?

I believe his scholarship would be used for Austin Golson as he is a walkon who is expected to be put on scholarship.

Not meaning to sound morbid, but does the loss of Jakell Mitchell open up another scholly?

Not on the annual limit. We could sign 28 before that tragedy and we can sign 28 now.

Mitchell and all other attrition do affect the overall limit of 85. For general information, unexpected attrition averages from seven to ten per year. That includes accidents, transfers, flunk outs, kicked outs, career ending injuries, leaving early for the NFL and any other reason that a scholarship player does not return when he had eligibility left.

Note: At no point can a school have over 85 on scholarship.

When players sign they are not on scholarship. They are considered on scholarship when they start attending classes. Thus, many of a year's signees wait until after spring graduation, when seniors go off scholarship, to enroll in school. A few may be asked to wait until September to enroll if more seniors will graduate after the summer terms.

Hey Ellitor, Don't you think its a little disrespectful to have Gus's wife in your Legion of Boom pic? Try saban's ole lady!

No. Misyt Hyatt was the manager of the Road Warriors/LOD at one time. Although different, both are attractive ladies....Anyway. I did not make the sig. If I knew how to and did make I would just have Hawk and Animal's bodies with Gus and Boom's heads.

I believe his scholarship would be used for Austin Golson as he is a walkon who is expected to be put on scholarship.

Golson is on scholly per Phillip Marshall 2 weeks ago.

Golson is on scholly per Phillip Marshall 2 weeks ago.

Thanks E.

Hey Ellitor, Don't you think its a little disrespectful to have Gus's wife in your Legion of Boom pic? Try saban's ole lady!

No. Misyt Hyatt was the manager of the Road Warriors/LOD at one time. Although different, both are attractive ladies....Anyway. I did not make the sig. If I knew how to and did make I would just have Hawk and Animal's bodies with Gus and Boom's heads.

I am an old hoot and a traditional type of soldier, but I like this! Mrs. Gus must be no more than 5 feet tall.

Archived