Micheal Barrow Candidate to Join Staff at AU

autigeremt

As he didn`t coach this past year; strange he would be listed as main recruiter. Maybe list hasn`t been updated. Even so; if he was their recruiter before leaving there could still be a lot of influence there.

He was recruiting those guys as Juniors

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So admittedly I dont know much about this guy. It seems like he was a great player. But in all honesty, The University of Miami hasn't really been on top of the college football world as of late. They certainly aren't the program they once were. I just dont understand why this guy would be considered such a splash hire. Like I said, I dont know much about him. If he has in fact proven to be a world class recruiter, and has coached some All Americans, please let me know... Not being a naysayer, I am honestly asking.

On a different note, I am not one of those people drooling over Spikes name being mentioned, but after playing pro, this Barrow guy coached all of 1 season of high school ball, then went directly to Miami as LB coach. Seems like that throws a wrench in all the "he has never been a coach" or "there is a delicate process to become an on the field college football coach" talk that I've heard countless people say. I dont care what you say, I know this Barrow guy didnt learn all the skills it takes to motivate young men in ONE season of HIGH SCHOOL football. Be it in Miami or not. This just proves that some people have what it takes to coach and some dont. You dont have to go through the whole process, if you are good, you can coach whenever you feel the want.

Just my 2 cents, WDE from Eugene Oregon!

I remember him more from his college days than pros. I remember he was a heck of a player and a hard hitter.

So admittedly I dont know much about this guy. It seems like he was a great player. But in all honesty, The University of Miami hasn't really been on top of the college football world as of late. They certainly aren't the program they once were. I just dont understand why this guy would be considered such a splash hire. Like I said, I dont know much about him. If he has in fact proven to be a world class recruiter, and has coached some All Americans, please let me know... Not being a naysayer, I am honestly asking.

On a different note, I am not one of those people drooling over Spikes name being mentioned, but after playing pro, this Barrow guy coached all of 1 season of high school ball, then went directly to Miami as LB coach. Seems like that throws a wrench in all the "he has never been a coach" or "there is a delicate process to become an on the field college football coach" talk that I've heard countless people say. I dont care what you say, I know this Barrow guy didnt learn all the skills it takes to motivate young men in ONE season of HIGH SCHOOL football. Be it in Miami or not. This just proves that some people have what it takes to coach and some dont. You dont have to go through the whole process, if you are good, you can coach whenever you feel the want.

yes some people just have it. That's a hell of a chance to take though and not one Auburn can afford to take right now. Miami could afford that at the time he was hired. We took a huge risk with Gus but at the time we had nothing really to lose. Auburn is at a critical juncture right now.

yes some people just have it. That's a hell of a chance to take though and not one Auburn can afford to take right now. Miami could afford that at the time he was hired. We took a huge risk with Gus but at the time we had nothing really to lose. Auburn is at a critical juncture right now.

I 100% agree. Like I said, I wasn't really a fan of the idea... my comment was actually ment to be more about Barrow.

I 100% agree. Like I said, I wasn't really a fan of the idea... my comment was actually ment to be more about Barrow.

gotcha.

I think WM should hire whomever he wants for his staff...

Some serious defensive strategy being discussed....anyone want to go up against that group? Not me.

Archived