Look for run-defense to be Muschamp's #1 priority

StatTiger

Who's clock? 'Cause apparently the clock you're using isn't exactly reading the same as the AU coaches.

We will see after the 2015 season. IF Boom is still the DC after the 2015 season and RG remains on the staff after the 2015 season then RG will have earned his spot on the staff.

wde

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree completely about RG and the clock. This recruiting class will go a long way towards defining his future. If he swings and misses this year the hole will deepen to the point that there may not be enough time left to dig out.

Guys RG is awesome . Between him and rocker it's dead even . Stat posted the numbers . Rocker would have had the results with what we had last year. I'm all for RG and 2015

There was Zero improvement this year in DL play. I really think Rock could have squeezed more out of this group of under performers. With the exception if #1 who is exceptional regardless of RG.

There was Zero improvement this year in DL play. I really think Rock could have squeezed more out of this group of under performers. With the exception if #1 who is exceptional regardless of RG.

go read a few of stats' post on the DL play. There were multiple mitigating factors this year no matter how badly many on here want to pretend there weren't

I personally attended 9 games this season and DL play garners most of my attention on that side and it's inaccurate to paint a picture of their play this season without using words like "under perform" and "unrealized potential". Not meant as personal attacks on these young men just observable facts that jump out at you when you watch their play entirely from snap to whistle in person.

go read a few of stats' post on the DL play. There were multiple mitigating factors this year no matter how badly many on here want to pretend there weren't

LOL, I read Stats posts very carefully. Stat is one of the best posters on this board and any other board that he posts on. Based on the two years of a TRocker coached DL versus a RG coached DL the statistics according to Stat were in TRocker's favor. However; Stat still gave the edge to Garner because of his recruiting prowess. Fair enough. I disagree with Stat in that I don't believe Garner is still a great recruiter and too much of a liability in terms of on the field coaching.

Yeah the run D needs improvement but what about the pass D? Unless I'm mistaken, we were 8th in the SEC in rush D but 12th in pass D. May be hard to separate the need for a pass rush from the D line with how that affects the pass D.

LOL, I read Stats posts very carefully. Stat is one of the best posters on this board and any other board that he posts on. Based on the two years of a TRocker coached DL versus a RG coached DL the statistics according to Stat were in TRocker's favor. However; Stat still gave the edge to Garner because of his recruiting prowess. Fair enough. I disagree with Stat in that I don't believe Garner is still a great recruiter and too much of a liability in terms of on the field coaching.

We all know that I'm the best poster on ANY board....

Every season the torch and pitchfork crowd attack a coach whom they feel is a liability above any and all circumstances. Often they are right and in many cases they are wrong in their arm chair assessment. Even when presented with viable facts they still will beat the drum and say coach x is not good because I said so and I have a right to my opinion so who cares about your facts. I am pretty much used to it. In the SEC, you are always on the clock, and as bad as a coach some on this thread testify RG to be he has endured an extended career in this league, and has overcome many ups and downs. He is very well respected by many coaches and players and I trust he is the man for the job ..specifically in CGM and WM eyes otherwise he would have gotten his pink slip with the others.

Every season the torch and pitchfork crowd attack a coach whom they feel is a liability above any and all circumstances. Often they are right and in many cases they are wrong in their arm chair assessment. Even when presented with viable facts they still will beat the drum and say coach x is not good because I said so and I have a right to my opinion so who cares about your facts. I am pretty much used to it. In the SEC, you are always on the clock, and as bad as a coach some on this thread testify RG to be he has endured an extended career in this league, and has overcome many ups and downs. He is very well respected by many coaches and players and I trust he is the man for the job ..specifically in CGM and WM eyes otherwise he would have gotten his pink slip with the others.

Just to play Devils advocate.....everything you said about RG there could also be said about Ellis just the same....and we see how that turned out.

Just to play Devils advocate.....everything you said about RG there could also be said about Ellis just the same....and we see how that turned out.

Ellis is not a bad DC. It didn't work out here for a variety of reasons. RG has work to do no question. I think working with WM will be a big boost to RG.

Is that u Jim from tuscalooser? Lol

I just hope the players coming back will be able to grasp this defensive scheme. I got tired of watching us try to run the Tampa 2 which didn't seem to work and most recently, the 4-2-5, which no one seemed to be able to understand, let alone play it. I got tired of seeing this defense not even come close to stopping any offense, especially the elite ones.

Archived