"Bad guys" have a particular skin color?

quietfan

"Fair and balanced"? ....yeah, sure. <_<

http://www.dailykos....etail=facebook#

On Fox's "Outnumbered" Wednesday, the cast got into a discussion about how Paris police didn't have enough weapons, which enabled – they claimed – the Islamic extremist terrorists to massacre 12 people.

Enter Fox News anchor Shannon Bream, a former corporate attorney and graduate of Jerry Falwell's Liberty University.

Bream, speaking unscripted, wondered how police would be able to identify "bad guys" if they had ski masks and couldn't "even know what color," what "the tone of their skin was?"

"That's my question about these guys because if we know they were speaking unaccented French and they had, you know, ski masks on, do we even know what color they were?," Bream asked. "What the tone of their skin was," she tried to clarify – as if that were less racist. "I mean what if they didn't look like typical bad guys?"

1. Not all "bad guys" share a particular "tone of skin", Shannon. Nor are all persons of a particular skin tone "typical bad guys"! Timothy McVeigh and Anders Behring Breivik looked as white as you are, while Mohandas Gandhi looked more stereotypically Semitic/south Asian than you or I. And many Jews, Greeks, Italians, or Spaniards (Mediterranean-complected persons of many nationalities) often resemble Arabs/Yemenis as much as they resemble northern European "whites".

2. Speaking for myself, I'd be much more suspicious of a group wearing ski masks and carrying guns without any obvious displays of law enforcement connection than someone of a particular "skin tone". Seems like ski masks/guns were more of a give away than any color skin they might display!

3. Isn't this as offensive/biased as someone saying "If we couldn't see Shannon Bream's blond hair, how would we know she's an idiot?

Surely you are taking her out of context,,,,,,,,,just kidding. I agree with you comments except if I were a blond female I would find YOUR comments offensive. So there we go.

Surely you are taking her out of context,,,,,,,,,just kidding. I agree with you comments except if I were a blond female I would find YOUR comments offensive. So there we go.

Agreed. I would consider my comments alluding to the "dumb blond" stereotype offensive myself (and I'm neither blond nor female) if I thought they were serious, and not intended as a counter-example and reference to the stupidity of stereotyping. But for any blond females out there that find them truly offensive, I sincerely apologize.

Pretty sure we both agree, PT, that stupidity is not limited by race, creed, nation of origin, gender, TV network, or political leaning! (Might be nice if something could limit it occasionally, however!) ;)

I think too many people are worked up over nothing. When you are so worried about dancing political correctness games you sometimes slip up. I don't think she was trying to sound racist.....but it's the flavor of the day.

I think too many people are worked up over nothing. When you are so worried about dancing political correctness games you sometimes slip up. I don't think she was trying to sound racist.....but it's the flavor of the day.

Would you feel differently if your skin color were different?

On bee have of peeple with blond hare, I demand and apology from the OP.

Agreed. I would consider my comments alluding to the "dumb blond" stereotype offensive myself (and I'm neither blond nor female) if I thought they were serious, and not intended as a counter-example and reference to the stupidity of stereotyping. But for any blond females out there that find them truly offensive, I sincerely apologize.

Pretty sure we both agree, PT, that stupidity is not limited by race, creed, nation of origin, gender, TV network, or political leaning! (Might be nice if something could limit it occasionally, however!) ;)

Glad you agree that hair color is an exception...

How else do you explain it?

Bullets kill just as effectively when shot by a gun in the hands of a white guy or black guy.

They don't discriminate .

She is racist and sharpton is not? Bwahahahaha

If a visitor from another world came down and saw our news reports, what do you think they would conclude ?

A high % of humans of a certain skin color commit most of the violent crimes ?

All humans commit about the same amount of violent crimes, but only the ones with a certain skin color get blamed ?

If a visitor from another world came down and saw our news reports, what do you think they would conclude ?

All humans commit about the same amount of violent crimes, but only the ones with a certain skin color get blamed ?

From our news reports? They would conclude we are not worth the effort of bothering with first contact. If they didn't conclude that, then they're continuing with their landing for the purpose of conquest.

Bullets kill just as effectively when shot by a gun in the hands of a white guy or black guy.

They don't discriminate .

And I like avocados. :dunno:

Me too! With Mahi Mahi fajitas!

Would you feel differently if your skin color were different?

My skin color IS different. White (more like peach/brown) isn't the only color in the world. Keep digging for racial attention and you will find it.

I am enjoying the company of beautiful brown people. Just sayin'. Hele mei hoohiwahiwa!

I am enjoying the company of beautiful brown people. Just sayin'. Hele mei hoohiwahiwa!

Oh boy. Lol

From our news reports? They would conclude we are not worth the effort of bothering with first contact. If they didn't conclude that, then they're continuing with their landing for the purpose of conquest.

I think this is correct.

Huh, and on the same day an article comes out about Jennifer Lopez being single.

Well done sir.

"Fair and balanced"? ....yeah, sure. <_</>

On Fox's "Outnumbered" Wednesday, the cast got into a discussion about how Paris police didn't have enough weapons, which enabled – they claimed – the Islamic extremist terrorists to massacre 12 people.

Enter Fox News anchor Shannon Bream, a former corporate attorney and graduate of Jerry Falwell's Liberty University.

Bream, speaking unscripted, wondered how police would be able to identify "bad guys" if they had ski masks and couldn't "even know what color," what "the tone of their skin was?"

"That's my question about these guys because if we know they were speaking unaccented French and they had, you know, ski masks on, do we even know what color they were?," Bream asked. "What the tone of their skin was," she tried to clarify – as if that were less racist. "I mean what if they didn't look like typical bad guys?"

1. Not all "bad guys" share a particular "tone of skin", Shannon. Nor are all persons of a particular skin tone "typical bad guys"! Timothy McVeigh and Anders Behring Breivik looked as white as you are, while Mohandas Gandhi looked more stereotypically Semitic/south Asian than you or I. And many Jews, Greeks, Italians, or Spaniards (Mediterranean-complected persons of many nationalities) often resemble Arabs/Yemenis as much as they resemble northern European "whites".

2. Speaking for myself, I'd be much more suspicious of a group wearing ski masks and carrying guns without any obvious displays of law enforcement connection than someone of a particular "skin tone". Seems like ski masks/guns were more of a give away than any color skin they might display!

3. Isn't this as offensive/biased as someone saying "If we couldn't see Shannon Bream's blond hair, how would we know she's an idiot?

Probably why the French declared certain Moslem neighborhoods around Paris as no go zones. The police just don't go in there and have to decide who are the good or bad guys. They have similar no go zones in other countries, even in Sweden where Moslem political refugees imported their violent behavior.

"Fair and balanced"? ....yeah, sure. <_</>

Probably why the French declared certain Moslem neighborhoods around Paris as no go zones. The police just don't go in there and have to decide who are the good or bad guys. They have similar no go zones in other countries, even in Sweden where Moslem political refugees imported their violent behavior.

CREDIBLE link?

I always do a double take whenever somebody posts a Washington Times link. I always think it's WaPo until I click on it.

Glad you agree that hair color is an exception...

Since I'm mostly bald and shave the little that nature left me, I suppose one could say I have no dog in that fight... B)

I like to share a little anecdote with people to break the stereotype. Four times in my life I or someone close to me has been the victim of violent crime, with eight combined perpetrators. Of those eight, seven were white males, and one a Hispanic male. If I'd never read the paper or watched the news, if I was going to assume, I'd assume black people never broke the law, Hispanics had some bad apples, and whites were straight-up hooligans.

As for Ms. Bream, sometimes all you can do is facepalm.

Archived