"Bad guys" have a particular skin color?

quietfan

If a visitor from another world came down and saw our news reports, what do you think they would conclude ?

A high % of humans of a certain skin color commit most of the violent crimes ?

All humans commit about the same amount of violent crimes, but only the ones with a certain skin color get blamed ?

From our news reports? They would conclude we are not worth the effort of bothering with first contact. If they didn't conclude that, then they're continuing with their landing for the purpose of conquest.

Our only hope is if they saw movies like Cocoon, ET and Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

If they saw Babylon 5, we're all doomed.

Bullets kill just as effectively when shot by a gun in the hands of a white guy or black guy.

They don't discriminate .

And I like avocados. :dunno:

Me too! With Mahi Mahi fajitas!

Never had those but it sure sounds good!

If a visitor from another world came down and saw our news reports, what do you think they would conclude ?

All humans commit about the same amount of violent crimes, but only the ones with a certain skin color get blamed ?

Are you proposing that criminal conduct or violent tendencies are a function of race?

Are you proposing that criminal conduct or violent tendencies are a function of race?

Culture, not race.

I think too many people are worked up over nothing. When you are so worried about dancing political correctness games you sometimes slip up. I don't think she was trying to sound racist.....but it's the flavor of the day.

Would you feel differently if your skin color were different?

On bee have of peeple with blond hare, I demand and apology from the OP.

My skin color IS different. White (more like peach/brown) isn't the only color in the world. Keep digging for racial attention and you will find it.

Okay. Wouldn't you like to know how she correlates skin color with "typical bad guys"? Sorry, but I am confused. I typically correlate someone who covers their face and is brandishing a weapon with, "the typical bad guy". You know, if you are in line at the bank and, someone comes in wearing a ski mask and carrying a shotgun, are you really concerned with what color they are? I admit though, I did not see the segment and therefore do not have an informed opinion. However, the quotes do not sound more prejudiced than intelligent to me.

What does this mean? "White (more like peach/brown) isn't the only color in the world. Keep digging for racial attention and you will find it."

Culture, not race.

So in your mind, is there such a thing as "black culture"?

Culture, not race.

Please explain.

Archived