Men vs. Missouri - Post-Game Thread

InfernoOrangeSS

When Bower starts hitting those 2 and 3 footers he will score a ton. Missed more than I could count last night and about half or more of his offensive RB were from his own missed shots....but he hung in there and kept pushing.

Yep but those put backs are tough against those taller rangy kids. I'm impressed he gets as many put backs as he does - makes or not

The only other thing I saw last night was reed really really had a tough time getting up and down the floor when the tempo was high. I believe they had a couple easy baskets cause he was either lagging or so tired his brain is wasnt keeping up with game speed.

I'm sure that will come. This ain't high school ball and his stamina will take some time. He reminds me of a more athletic mamadou (sp?)

Good win, love to see Reed working in there and getting more acclimated to big time BB. Again, Canada is a super hero that is just learning to fly. And still love how Grainger is coming along. He is the most improved from last year.

Both Granger and Canada are light years ahead of where they were last year.

Amazing what some good top level coaching will do for a player.

They are playing as a team and believe in each other and the system, that is what great coaching does. Now we need some training for the crowd, they gotta bring it as well!!!

They are playing as a team and believe in each other and the system, that is what great coaching does. Now we need some training for the crowd, they gotta bring it as well!!!

Agree...perhaps the TV broadcast did not catch the crowd input but it was hard to believe the place was nearly full. Those last five minutes in particular should have been wild...people standing and blasting away at Mizz guys when they were shooting foul shots. Bruce was busy coaching but someone needs to get the crowd on their feet.

Agree...perhaps the TV broadcast did not catch the crowd input but it was hard to believe the place was nearly full. Those last five minutes in particular should have been wild...people standing and blasting away at Mizz guys when they were shooting foul shots. Bruce was busy coaching but someone needs to get the crowd on their feet.

I think the atmosphere will only get better as the team gets better. We aren't used to having a team worth watching.

Remember classes don't start til next week.

That's a good point.

That means it was us old Alumni there we should all know how to make noise.

That's a good point.

Sounded like the "wine and cheese" crowd people around here complain about at the Carolina Tar Heel games....alums who sit the entire game an applaud politely when the game is over.

Hope the students can make the Auburn Arena a venue that other teams fear to play in.

That's a good point.

Sounded like the "wine and cheese" crowd people around here complain about at the Carolina Tar Heel games....alums who sit the entire game an applaud politely when the game is over.

Hope the students can make the Auburn Arena a venue that other teams fear to play in.

I was at the game, the problem with the crowd was the student section was sold to the general public since classes were not starting till wednesday. Bad idea, my son along with over 1000+ students were turned away or told they could standing room only in the corridors. The line for students trying to get in when we got there was all the way backed up to the village dorms. Most did not take up the standing room thing. The student section was so bad about half would not even get on their feet for anything, in fact there were close to a dozen Missori fans in the section with their colors on.

Auburn ticket office management is a joke, we have had topics on this before. The selling of student section for general public great idea for non conference holiday games, but this was an SEC game and a lot of students were back in AU. I hope the ticket office realizes what happened, but more importantly do they care.

That's a good point.

I was at the game, the problem with the crowd was the student section was sold to the general public since classes were not starting till wednesday. Bad idea, my son along with over 1000+ students were turned away or told they could standing room only in the corridors. The line for students trying to get in when we got there was all the way backed up to the village dorms. Most did not take up the standing room thing. The student section was so bad about half would not even get on their feet for anything, in fact there were close to a dozen Missori fans in the section with their colors on.

Auburn ticket office management is a joke, we have had topics on this before. The selling of student section for general public great idea for non conference holiday games, but this was an SEC game and a lot of students were back in AU. I hope the ticket office realizes what happened, but more importantly do they care.

That is crap. I hope the Athletic Dept knows the problem and won't make the same mistake. It could cost us a game. Luckily this game was the anomaly and most will have students there. Every game I watch on TV, the commentators rave about how loud the arena is and how well it is designed.

WOW...Kentucky totally destroyed Missouri last night....50 point win. Maybe AU softened 'em up for the wildcats?

Archived