Worst al.com article ever?

WarAJEagle

That's pathetic. Aside from the poor writing--which I've come to expect from sportswriters, in general, and al.com entirely--talk about a stretch. He might as well have argued that Ohio is contiguous to Kentucky, so that pretty much makes Ohio State an SEC school.

All hope is not lost. The streak isn't totally dead. The SEC may not win the national championship Monday night for a second straight year, at least not technically, but there is a way for the league to claim a mythical share of another big ring.

Cheer for Ohio State. Go nuts for the Buckeyes. Pull for Urban Meyer and company to do to Oregon in suburban Dallas what they did to Alabama in downtown New Orleans.

If Ohio State gets it done, if Cardale Jones fires his 12-gauge in the right direction often enough and Ezekiel Elliott runs wild and Joey Bosaspends the night in Marcus Mariota's pocket, the Big Ten will get and deserve all the accolades for escaping its national championship desert after 11 years.'

But the SEC can take at least a bit of the credit.

Where did Meyer become a big-time head coach? Where did he learn how to prepare for and win a national championship game? Where did he figure out how to beat quality opponents with a terrific blend of athletes and schemes, speed and power, mental and physical intensity?

At Florida. In the SEC.

What was it Steve Spurrier once said? It's easier to win the national championship than the SEC championship. The SEC's 9-3 record in BCS Championship Games/College Football Playoff games lends weight to Spurrier's comment.

So does Meyer's record at Florida. He was 2-0 in BCS Championship Games with the Gators but 2-1 in SEC Championship Games. He showed then it was easier to beat Jim Tressel and Bob Stoops than Nick Saban.

:roflol:

I saw that yesterday. I know they have to fill up the space they have and they have to put out so many pieces each week but if that is all he could come up with, he should have just run a repeat.

Sorry I clicked on it....could not resist looking but knew better that to read but I will have to think about whether it was the "worst ever"....thinking the one from Scarb about bama giving Urban another chance to quit might have been even more ridiculous ....considering the outcome of the Sugar Bowl.

Using his transitive property, since Nick Saban, got some of his major coaching start at Michigan state, then the titles he won at Bama should be transferred to MichSt.

I saw that yesterday. I know they have to fill up the space they have and they have to put out so many pieces each week but if that is all he could come up with, he should have just run a repeat.

You nailed it, Cooltigger21. We get garbage like reality TV because there's so much space for all types of media to fill, and there's not enough content. I counted three different channels one night offering me the opportunity to watch cops arrest drunks.

Al.com seems to have an endless supply of "worse still" pieces that they can publish....and to think, people get paid to write stuff like that. ....must know somebody in company management :-\

Archived