Why History will be kind to Obama

homersapien

Absolutely! What we need is a fresh GOP leadership to lead us straight back into the hole the last GOP leader lead us into!

As you are so fond of saying, Bwaaaahaaaahaaa! :laugh: :laugh: :ucrazy:

Never mind the $18.5 trillion dollar hole THIS admin has lead us into, half of which is ALL HIS work.

Yeah, and the proof is just how much worse the economy is now than the economy he inherited. Oh, wait...... :rolleyes:

Absolutely! What we need is a fresh GOP leadership to lead us straight back into the hole the last GOP leader lead us into!

Never mind the $18.5 trillion dollar hole THIS admin has lead us into, half of which is ALL HIS work.

Yeah, and the proof is just how much worse the economy is now than the economy he inherited. Oh, wait...... :rolleyes:

Yeah, its great. Labor force participation is the lowest its been in over 50 years and wages are shrinking. Things are awesome! :bow:

Yeah, its great. Labor force participation is the lowest its been in over 50 years and wages are shrinking. Things are awesome! :bow:

I just love how you Obama-phobes can focus on the negative and ignore the good. So presumably - if you are not changing the subject - you would prefer a 2008 economy to the 2014 economy?

I guess I'll just have to respectfully disagree on that. :rolleyes:

Obama phobe or not, this President hasn't met the muster. He inherited a mess....no doubt. But instead of following through on his promises in 2008 and again in 2012 he decided that his own opinion and his parties opinion was the only one that mattered.

And today we have an extremely divided nation where the gains made by citizens past have been swept away in the name of "equality".

Obama phobe or not, this President hasn't met the muster. He inherited a mess....no doubt. But instead of following through on his promises in 2008 and again in 2012 he decided that his own opinion and his parties opinion was the only one that mattered.

And today we have an extremely divided nation where the gains made by citizens past have been swept away in the name of "equality".

Very well stated.

While I don't disagree with you, what do you think is the answer?

A unified message based on true advancement of the American people. Cut to the chase, shoot straight, and back up what you say. Lead by example and put the American people above and ahead of all else. Include everyone and don't segregate or divide people with rhetoric or false hope. Be real.

Well, like that's your opinion. The article provided a different opinion with actual facts and evidence to back it up.

A unified message based on true advancement of the American people. Cut to the chase, shoot straight, and back up what you say. Lead by example and put the American people above and ahead of all else. Include everyone and don't segregate or divide people with rhetoric or false hope. Be real.

Sounds great. You probably loved Reagan!

Fortunately, historians base their judgement and analysis on facts and outcomes.

And how about one example of "segregating or dividing people with rhetoric or false hope"?

Not going to do it with you. Makes no sense. I'd rather you either agree or disagree. The proof is in the people.

Very wise move EMT. Maybe I should follow your example.......... :jossun:

Fortunately, historians base their judgement and analysis on facts and outcomes.

I liked Reagan......a great communicator who brought the USSR to its knees...and kicked it into a temporary grave. Historians agree he did pretty well.

And as I mentioned (if you cared to read it) it will be years down the road before we know how his presidency unfolds, but he is NOT a great communicator. He's a wonderful liar and political pirate, but he's not a great communicator.

I liked Reagan......a great communicator who brought the USSR to its knees...and kicked it into a temporary grave. Historians agree he did pretty well.

And as I mentioned (if you cared to read it) it will be years down the road before we know how his presidency unfolds, but he is NOT a great communicator. He's a wonderful liar and political pirate, but he's not a great communicator.

So you really think the USSR would be just fine and exist today without Reagan? :-\ Man, you have a lot more faith in their system than I ever did. If one man has responsibility for triggering the collapse, it would be Gorbachev. Unfortunately, one can say the same about his affect on Russia itself.

And you are just wrong about Reagan's historical legacy. It's mixed but few respected historians rank him very high. Just search "Reagans historical legacy" and start going down the list.

Like I said, the rest of your post is just your opinion and has nothing to do with what Obama's historical legacy will be.

So you really think the USSR would be just fine and exist today without Reagan? :-\ Man, you have a lot more faith in their system than I ever did. If one man has responsibility for triggering the collapse, it would be Gorbachev. Unfortunately, one can say the same about his affect on Russia itself.

And you are just wrong about Reagan's historical legacy. It's mixed but few respected historians rank him very high. Just search "Reagans historical legacy" and start going down the list.

Like I said, the rest of your post is just your opinion and has nothing to do with what Obama's historical legacy will be.

I never said that...YOU did! He had a lot to do with the delivery of it, though. You see, we need a team player in the WH....a total team man or woman. Not someone who cherry picks a side to support based on whatever he/she sees fit.

And to be honest, this whole thread is about opinion. Someones opinion. The legacy has yet to unfold. :)

And how about one example of "segregating or dividing people with rhetoric or false hope"?

Not going to do it with you. Makes no sense. I'd rather you either agree or disagree. The proof is in the people.

Yeah, I figured that was idle rhetoric.

I never said that...YOU did! He had a lot to do with the delivery of it, though. You see, we need a team player in the WH....a total team man or woman. Not someone who cherry picks a side to support based on whatever he/she sees fit.

No, you implied it. Reagan was lucky enough to be in office when it happened.

And to be honest, this whole thread is about opinion. Someones opinion. The legacy has yet to unfold. :)

That is true regarding Obama. Less so regarding Reagan.

Archived