Arky OC Chaney leaving

bootskii

Looks like another Arkansas coach is leaving the program. Jim Chaney, the Razorbacks OC, is leaving for the same position at Pitt. I am all for coaches leaving for promotions but when you take a lateral move from an SEC school to Pitt it makes you wonder. From what I remember Chaney likes the passing attack type of offense and Bielema favors the ground game so this might be a contributing factor. I hope this slows down the piggies progress though. They sure were a greatly improved team by the end of the year from when we played them at the beginning of the year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12153370/arkansas-razorbacks-oc-jim-chaney-leaving-same-position-pittsburgh-panthers

We will know the earth has moved if Arky brings in a new OC to run a version of the spread.

We will know the earth has moved if Arky brings in a new OC to run a version of the spread.

He doesn't have the personnel to run that. He's recruited for his big ten smash mouth style. He'd have to start all over even just to run a trimmed down version on occasion.

He doesn't have the personnel to run that. He's recruited for his big ten smash mouth style. He'd have to start all over even just to run a trimmed down version on occasion.

Not sure why you say that....all he needs to do is step up the pace of play...he's got the RBs ...and Bama basically made a re-boot of their offensive program in one season with a QB that had not started before this year.

It won't look like Gus's plan but ask Gus and we are a "down hill run first team" which is not so different from Arky except for the razzle dazzle that we use and the pace of play.

Should be interesting though maybe he brings in a discredited NFL OC like UGa....

Arky has the RB's to speed up their run game - they will need to work on their oline. I don't ever see them going to the spread, but I can see them speeding up the game and utilizing their RBs much like we do. We'll see of Bert is willing to adjust like uat did this season.

Arky has the RB's to speed up their run game - they will need to work on their oline. I don't ever see them going to the spread, but I can see them speeding up the game and utilizing their RBs much like we do. We'll see of Bert is willing to adjust like uat did this season.

But that would put player safety in danger right :-\

But that would put player safety in danger right :-\

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em ~~~~> Sickle cell players be damned!

He was pretty much a square peg in a round hole here. Think he'll do a good job at Pitt though. Not many hog fans are upset to see him go, just wasn't a great fit

He was pretty much a square peg in a round hole here. Think he'll do a good job at Pitt though. Not many hog fans are upset to see him go, just wasn't a great fit

The writing was on the wall when CBB gave other coaches raises and extensions and Chaney was left out. I'd wager Chaney was told to look elsewhere for work - Chaney had some real head scratcher play calls this season that had to make Bert want to pinch his head off.

I would not be surprised if Arky hires Doug Nussmier or how ever it is spelled. Maybe even Al Borges.

Nussmeier went to Florida with McElwain

and Borges is back out west in San Diego....

I'm still thinking he gets someone who puts a little more pizzazz in their offense....by now he should see the writing on the wall.

Chaney's career took an odd trajectory. Made a name for himself with the fast paced spread at Purdue, then had a sudden change of heart about a decade or so ago. It'll be interesting to see who replaces him.

You think he will hire Lashlee so he can run the HUNH? Lol

There's no way Lashlee would take a step down to be OC at Arky. I'm sure his boss can give him some inside info on how it is there.

You think he will hire Lashlee so he can run the HUNH? Lol

There's no way Lashlee would take a step down to be OC at Arky. I'm sure his boss can give him some inside info on how it is there.

Absolutely correct. He's not going to go work for a HC that wants to run an offense so completely opposite of what he's been doing. He'll get a chance to be a head coach before too much longer. He'll get better offers coming out of Auburn than he would Arkansas.

Archived