Disappointing report from Auburn police

AU64

Assuming this is true, that's a sad revelation about the recent shooting in Auburn that resulted in an Auburn football player being shot to death. Maybe this is old news, but first I have heard about this.

http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2015/01/slain_auburn_football_player_j.html#incart_river

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there is a lot more to the story than was originally put out. Without reading the link, it was rumored that Mitchell had a gun, brandished it, and then the other individual used his weapon in self-defense. And the reason why this all happened is even more sad.

There was a poster on ITAT that said there was much more to the story that would cast doubt on Mitchell's innocence regarding the incident. That poster was blasted and called an idiot of course.

wde

There was a poster on ITAT that said there was much more to the story that would cast doubt on Mitchell's innocence regarding the incident. That poster was blasted and called an idiot of course.

wde

More evidence if we needed any after Ferguson, that you just can't trust stories from eye witnesses until the facts have been sorted out. Doesn't diminish the sadness over his death, but I guess it provides several lessons about where people hang out and who with.

More evidence if we needed any after Ferguson, that you just can't trust stories from eye witnesses until the facts have been sorted out. Doesn't diminish the sadness over his death, but I guess it provides several lessons about where people hang out and who with.

Uh-oh. More conclusion jumping.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

snapback.pngCleCoTiger, on 04 January 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Don't care what his Twitter handle is. And dang if I know why a *very few* people want to make something of it. For all you or anyone else knows, "Trigga" might refer to "pulling the trigger" when laying licks in games. But way to jump to conclusions.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Goodwin, Kitchens, McNeil, Mosley, Christian, Phillips, Mitchell.

Jumping to conclusions is for other programs.

Focus and commitment will never be a function of talent. Mental toughness is a choice.

wde

I agree with everything you just posted.

wde

Lollll Trigga Tray is a reference to Trey Songz who is currently r&b singer. lol not even a gangster rapper, but a love-ballad singing r&b singer.

Either way, extremely disappointing to say the least. If I am a parent, and seeing all this happening in and around Auburn's campus you can forget about letting my kid attend school there. Football player or normal student. Gus has to start recruiting better PEOPLE. Both young men made effing idiotic decisions. One is dead and the other is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. Wow is all I can say.

Lollll Trigga Tray is a reference to Trey Songz who is currently r&b singer. lol not even a gangster rapper, but a love-ballad singing r&b singer.

Either way, extremely disappointing to say the least. If I am a parent, and seeing all this happening in and around Auburn's campus you can forget about letting my kid attend school there. Football player or normal student. Gus has to start recruiting better PEOPLE. Both young men made effing idiotic decisions. One is dead and the other is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. Wow is all I can say.

Gus is recruiting from the same gene pool as every top tier college coach in the country. If he stops doing that then he will lose more football games than he can afford to and will lose his job. This is just a very sad consequence of being a football factory.

wde

Gus is recruiting from the same gene pool as every top tier college coach in the country. If he stops doing that then he will lose more football games than he can afford to and will lose his job. This is just a very sad consequence of being a football factory.

wde

Just saw your post right after I started a new thread! I feel where you are coming from, though.

Here again we have people jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

Detective Dustin Holt said in a Monday morning court hearing that witnesses saw Mitchell with a gun during an argument with Markale Hart. The witnesses could have been buddies of Markale.

Jakell may have had a gun, if he did there will be evidence of it. There is no mention of any so for, just witnesses.

So why not wait for all the facts before you start posting dumb stuff.

And how do you get this headline

Slain Auburn football player Jakell Mitchell exchanged gunfire with suspect, detective says

from this statement?

Detective Dustin Holt said in a Monday morning court hearing that witnesses saw Mitchell with a gun during an argument with Markale Hart

And how do you get this headline

Slain Auburn football player Jakell Mitchell exchanged gunfire with suspect, detective says

from this statement?

Detective Dustin Holt said in a Monday morning court hearing that witnesses saw Mitchell with a gun during an argument with Markale Hart

Yep, that's what I was thinking. If there was gun fire from 2 guns wouldn't they know that for FACT and not just have to rely on witness statements? More will come out and hopefully explain it all during the actual murder trial.

Detective Dustin Holt said in a Monday morning court hearing that witnesses saw Mitchell with a gun during an argument with Markale Hart. The witnesses could have been buddies of Markale.

Jakell may have had a gun, if he did there will be evidence of it. There is no mention of any so for, just witnesses.

What dumb stuff has been posted in this thread? This thread has been totally balanced and fair. The info you presented is interesting and pertinent as well.

wde

Although there is this from the article.....

Slain Auburn University football player Jakell Mitchell was armed with a handgun and exchanged gunfire with the man accused of killing him at a Dec. 14 off-campus party, an Auburn police detective says.

So maybe it's NOT just from witnesses, maybe there is other evidence to prove this.

Although there is this from the article.....

Slain Auburn University football player Jakell Mitchell was armed with a handgun and exchanged gunfire with the man accused of killing him at a Dec. 14 off-campus party, an Auburn police detective says.

So maybe it's NOT just from witnesses, maybe there is other evidence to prove this.

And there maybe.

What dumb stuff has been posted in this thread? This thread has been totally balanced and fair. The info you presented is interesting and pertinent as well.

wde

I'm not going to point them out, but some are to me. And that's just my opinion. WDE!

They would have known immediately following the autopsy if he had discharged his weapon if he had t because of gun powder residue left on his hands and clothes. It would not have taken this long to be reported.

wde

I'm not going to point them out, but some are to me. And that's just my opinion. WDE!

Fair enough. Although I wish you would point them out. FWIW, I thought your post that there was dumb stuff posted in this thread was dumb since this thread has been really balanced as a potentially controversial topic can be. Just folks commenting on a published newspaper article that has been picked up by multiple publications across the country.

wde

They would have known immediately following the autopsy if he had discharged his weapon if he had t because of gun powder residue left on his hands and clothes. It would not have taken this long to be reported.

Good point, did the autopsy report indicate he had no residue on his hands or clothes?

wde

Archived