Disappointing report from Auburn police

AU64

This seems to be a much better written article. It makes more sense.

Sara Falligant | Opelika-Auburn News |

Slain Auburn University redshirt freshman H-back Jakell Mitchell exchanged fire with the man accused of killing him at a Dec. 14, 2014, party in Auburn, the Auburn Police Division confirmed Monday.

APD Detective Dustin Holt testified Mitchell was armed with a handgun at a probation revocation hearing in Tallapoosa County Circuit Court for suspect Markale Hart, 22, of Camp Hill, Monday morning.

http://www.oanow.com...177a35461c.html

Well, that does seem to confirm he had a gun, even if it didn't exactly confirm he fired it.

Regardless, I just don't get it. You'd think a dedicated athlete would have enough to occupy his life without lapsing into "gangster" (for lack of a better word) diversions.

Can this possibly be something he got into after coming to Auburn? I just have to believe there was something going on before he got here.

That is what others have posted on other boards and also that he was not in good standing on the team. I do not know how credible this is other than the folks that posted it are not prone to posting crap to just post crap to throw against the wall and hope it sticks.

wde

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slain Auburn University redshirt freshman H-back Jakell Mitchell exchanged fire with the man accused of killing him at a Dec. 14, 2014, party in Auburn, the Auburn Police Division confirmed Monday.

APD Detective Dustin Holt testified Mitchell was armed with a handgun at a probation revocation hearing in Tallapoosa County Circuit Court for suspect Markale Hart, 22, of Camp Hill, Monday morning.

Well, that does seem to confirm he had a gun, even if it didn't exactly confirm he fired it.

Regardless, I just don't get it. You'd think a dedicated athlete would have enough to occupy his life without lapsing into "gangster" (for lack of a better word) diversions.

Can this possibly be something he got into after coming to Auburn? I just have to believe there was something going on before he got here.

he grew up near auburn

Well, I was referring to enrolling. But that would support my supposition I suppose.

That is what others have posted on other boards and also that he was not in good standing on the team. I do not know how credible this is other than the folks that posted it are not prone to posting crap to just post crap to throw against the wall and hope it sticks.

wde

If so, then :no:

Granted, this is superficially subjective, but his pictures sure don't reveal that.

wde

Granted, this is superficially subjective, but his pictures sure don't reveal that.

So is my info.

How does one shoot someone in the back when you are trying to get away from that person? It seems to me that one gets shot in the back when THEY are the one trying to get away...just sayin...

wde

So is my info.

Well shame on us. But that's what forums are for I suppose.

wde

So is my info.

Well shame on us. But that's what forums are for I suppose.

You can have civil discussion about sensitive subjects as we have on this thread even when introducing subjective info.

wde

This is something that he got into before coming to Auburn and there was a connection between him and those involved in the shooting. I don't think it's appropriate to go into detail here, but Jakell did not grow up in the best environment and going to school so close to home made it easy to not break away from it.

This is something that he got into before coming to Auburn and there was a connection between him and those involved in the shooting. I don't think it's appropriate to go into detail here, but Jakell did not grow up in the best environment and going to school so close to home made it easy to not break away from it.

This is correct. The first post I've read in here w very good accuracy.

I'm not usually one with "sources", but there is a LOT about this incident that may come to light and it is not flattering to our player. I got this from a very inside person.

I'm not usually one with "sources", but there is a LOT about this incident that may come to light and it is not flattering to our player. I got this from a very inside person.

This sounds like another straw on the camel's back. I wonder if we need to upgrade our "vetting process" in recruiting.

This sounds like another straw on the camel's back. I wonder if we need to upgrade our "vetting process" in recruiting.

Not our vetting process but our policing process once we get them on campus. We are recruiting the same from the same gene pool as our rivals. Our coaches just need the make sure the gene pool is moderated.

wde

Unfortunately your source is correct.

Our "player" or "players?" Dyer/armed four part 2? How deep does this thing go? Was it the reason for our end of season skid? If so, who's to say it won't continue into next year? Is the culture that brought Chizik down still here?

So many questions...

Not our vetting process but our policing process once we get them on campus. We are recruiting the same from the same gene pool as our rivals. Our coaches just need the make sure the gene pool is moderated.

wde

Chiz tried to "police" these kinds of issues by having someone make bed checks and was eaten alive by AU fans and players too if I recall. He probably had good reasons for that unpopular program.

The coaches have tried to move them back onto the campus but can't keep up with them 24/7. Despite, that we still recruit kids that seem to have the potential for this kind of stuff. Got a few since Gus arrived...just hope they can shake their dangerous habits and friends.

wde

Whatever it is, it needs to be addressed. This is just freaking unacceptable in all regards - obviously for the kids and their families, but Auburn as well.

I have had it reading about Auburn football players involved in this sort of stuff. You can't be perfect but this is starting to look like a pattern.

wde

Whatever it is, it needs to be addressed. This is just freaking unacceptable in all regards - obviously for the kids and their families, but Auburn as well.

I have had it reading about Auburn football players involved in this sort of stuff. You can't be perfect but this is starting to look like a pattern.

Absolutely. And you can't have your QB, leading WR and key defensive player all suspended at some point in the season. It's quite frankly pathetic, and it pisses me off.

wde

Absolutely. And you can't have your QB, leading WR and key defensive player all suspended at some point in the season. It's quite frankly pathetic, and it pisses me off.

agree...need more people to voice that kind view.

wde

agree...need more people to voice that kind view.

I have no problems voicing negative things about our program as I see it.

wde

And you can't have your QB, leading WR and key defensive player all suspended at some point in the season. It's quite frankly pathetic, and it pisses me off.

I am in violent agreement with this statement.

How does one shoot someone in the back when you are trying to get away from that person? It seems to me that one gets shot in the back when THEY are the one trying to get away...just sayin..

The way I understand it JM was lying face down and he shot him twice more in the back for good measure.

How does one shoot someone in the back when you are trying to get away from that person? It seems to me that one gets shot in the back when THEY are the one trying to get away...just sayin..

The way I understand it JM was lying face down and he shot him twice more in the back for good measure.

I recall some girl being quoted after the shooting....something to the effect..."shot him six times...he sure wanted him dead" ....would be humorous if not so tragic...and reminded me of the incident a few years ago when the guy fired off what must have been an entire 14 shot clip or something into the crowd killing the 3 young men at that same complex.

Maybe we should start a letter campaign?

Everyone could generate their own letter and post it openly in this forum on a special thread for it as well as sending it to ? (Dr. Gogue, Jay Jacobs and Gus)?

Obviously, I am talking about respectfully expressing concerns as someone who loves Auburn University.

Perhaps there is an email address we could use to make it easier.

Thoughts?

Archived