LSU reportedly contacts Smart about their DC position

PigskinPat

I just don't see the powers that be with the turds giving Smart the HC job when Saban leaves. I know he has been with >:D a while, but the fact of the matter remains he has never been a head coach. The turds went down that road already with Mike Shula and if memory serves me correctly, it didn't work out too well for them...for us yes, for them no.

No they are not going to hire him to be their HC unless he goes out somewhere and proves himself there first. It's that simple. I hope he's not counting on that. He may not have the desire to be a head coach really or at least not the burning desire a lot of coordinators have.

I honestly think that they would hire Smart as their head coach after Saban retires. I mean it's take a shot on a guy who has spent more time with Saban than anyone or take a gamble with another coach. Now if a big time coach is available at the time obviously they would go for that target, but if no big names are out there and it's just small time HC's why not just move up Smart?

I honestly think that they would hire Smart as their head coach after Saban retires. I mean it's take a shot on a guy who has spent more time with Saban than anyone or take a gamble with another coach. Now if a big time coach is available at the time obviously they would go for that target, but if no big names are out there and it's just small time HC's why not just move up Smart?

I don't care how long you have been with someone and how much responsibility you have been given, until you have been the one to be responsible for the entire program, you can't be prepared for all that being a head coach encompasses. He should have a conversation with WM about that. Being a head coach is one thing, being a head coach at bama is something else entirely. I've heard it expressed like this and it holds true. You don't want to be the guy that follows the legend. You want to be the guy that follows the guy that followed the legend.

There are a lot of high powered O's in college football right now and less than 10 really elite DC's. A good DC can make a lot of money right now while preparing himself for the next step.

There are a lot of high powered O's in college football right now and less than 10 really elite DC's. A good DC can make a lot of money right now while preparing himself for the next step.

They had one of the top guys in the country already and they wouldn't pony up for him. Maybe they learned from that but if they weren't willing to pay up for a guy that, IMHO, was better than Smart, I doubt they would for him.

The only way Smart leaves is if he gets a HC job somewhere. If and when that happens, it will likely be Saban's last year if Kirby has success.

Bank on it....

The only way Smart leaves is if he gets a HC job somewhere. If and when that happens, it will likely be Saban's last year if Kirby has success.

Bank on it....

I don't think they'll hire him period. He'll have to go out and have success for 3 or more years. They aren't going after an up and comer. They'll pony up to go after a big name coach.

Bank on it....

I don't think they'll hire him period. He'll have to go out and have success for 3 or more years. They aren't going after an up and comer. They'll pony up to go after a big name coach.

Only way they hire up and comer is if they can't find someone that wants to step in after Saban. Then up and comer gets a couple years to fail and then a big name coach takes the job.

Bank on it....

Bama ego would NEVER allow them to hire somebody's coordinator...even their own. Their targets will be Belichick, Pete Carroll or perhaps Urban Meyer if he slams Nick one more time.

Archived