Does anyone know why Boom

AUIH1

If the lazy D recruiting thing is true, that falls at the head coaches feet. It is his job to make sure the DC and RC do their job. Our DC is replaced so it may appear our head coach did his job ...

If the lazy D recruiting thing is true, that falls at the head coaches feet. It is his job to make sure the DC and RC do their job. Our DC is replaced so it may appear our head coach did his job ...

Yes he did.

If we had no plan in place then wouldn't that fall on the recruiting coordinator as much as the DC?

No. All the recruiting coodinator does is coordinate most of the details. The DC along with his staff picks the players they want to recruit. Same on the O. The RC is in touch with the high school coaches the most hence it is usually the best recruiter as RC.

Plus per P Marsh or Mark Murphy, Casey Woods has done the actual recruiting coordinator work. My understanding is at most schools the recruiting coordinator title for an on field assistant is just there to give him a bit of a salary bump.

So, the sub-par D-line recruiting is or isn't Garner's fault? Since the recruiting coordinator has apparently been exonerated from the "lazy" comment, where does that leave the D-line coach? He's got only one guy committed but he wasn't part of the lazy crew that just got fired? Something about Garner's part in all of this isn't hanging straight.

Two. Swain and Johnson.

I keep forgetting about Swain, but my point remains: Where does Garner fit into the "lazy recruiting" comment? Two guys, one a JUCO, for Garner's four positions...Positions from which we lost a ton of seniors is a pretty weak effort. The best I've heard is from a month or so ago when it was stated that "Garner might have something up his sleeve". As time passed, that became more wishful thinking than belief.

The mantra was that Garner had relationships with 3-4 types from his UGA stay and we were perusing 4-3 guys. That seems a little weak to me but whatever. He was looking good for 2016 FWIW.

had to basically start over/retool the D recruiting board as has been posted by insiders on other boards? Other than the obvious that we have been struggling in D recruiting.

Because Boom's playing and scheme philosophy is vastly different than CEJ's was. As Golf pointed out retooling does not meanmore than a couple will not be great fits. He will make any upgrades to fit his scheme and philosophy just as any new coach does. This happens every year at every new job.

This

Garners last two classes were pretty good saying this class was bad before NSD would not give him a fair shake as last two years he brought some people in near the end. With the Boom addition we might end up with a great recruiting class on the D-Line whether Garner gets any credit or Boom gets it all doesn't really matter.

The system the DC runs and the help the DC gives the other D coaches is all part of the recruiting package. A lot of times the primary recruiter can get the kids attention and get them on Campus but the DC closes the deal and sometimes the HC closes the deal. The package you put on the field also affects recruiting.

There are so many variables in recruiting but if you look at Garners overall recruiting record over many years he has always been a great recruiter.

Boom looked at his body of work and decided he liked him and kept him on staff. I seriously doubt Gus told Boom that he had to keep him. That speaks volumes that Boom kept him

Joe Kines, Gary Gibbs, Brian VanGorder, Willie Martinez, Todd Grantham, Ellis Johnson, and now, Will Muschamp all wanted him.

aye some of us are way smarter than those gu

Joe Kines, Gary Gibbs, Brian VanGorder, Willie Martinez, Todd Grantham, Ellis Johnson, and now, Will Muschamp all wanted him.

Some of us are way smarter than those guys. :-\ :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived