Early 2015 preseason picks

WaynesAUworld

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually thinking about this this morning and pegged us in the 8-12 range. Maybe higher depending on how some recruiting things work out and how guys look in the spring returning from injury.

It was really interesting watching OSU last night and imagining what it would have been like to have had Cam as a freshman in Gus's offense knowing he'd be back for 2 more years.

Look at the other SEC QBs and you'll realize we are in very good shape compared to the rest of the SEC at that position. Dak returns so Moo State will be tough. We will have a good shot at an SEC title next season which would result in a playoff spot most likely.

They are banking on CWM making a difference. I happen to agree, and while we lose a few guys, we are bringing back a bunch. Throw in Matthews/Golson and we are not looking shabby.

You sure that's not the 2014 rankings? Losing most of our offense and defense (if you look at the stats) ....well, hope they are right but frankly I had more confidence in our pre-season ranking before this past season than I do with this one.

If they have us at number 2 then it's not really credible. Not saying we couldn't end up being that good but nothing about how we ended justifies that position

You sure that's not the 2014 rankings? Losing most of our offense and defense (if you look at the stats) ....well, hope they are right but frankly I had more confidence in our pre-season ranking before this past season than I do with this one.

Most guys should be replaced easily except for Dismukes and Coates. The DT depth is also a concern but I think we'll be fine there. Our back-ups this year at QB, RB, and OL were/are very good.

One word, schedule

Well with road trips to Baton Rouge, College Station and Fayetteville, it really doesn't get a lot easier next year. Kentucky in Lexington won't exactly be a pushover.

One word, schedule

Well with road trips to Baton Rouge, College Station and Fayetteville, it really doesn't get a lot easier next year. Kentucky in Lexington won't exactly be a pushover.

Those aren't easy road trips no doubt, but I still believe it's huge getting UGA and Bama at home (not to mention the resurgent MS schools).

I like the defensive staff hires, but I think ranking us at #2 preseason is a bit optimistic with a new QB coming in.

It would be surprised to see us rated this high in coaches poll or AP....saying we can replace departed players "easily" does not give much credit to what guys like CAP, Nick and a bunch of other players accomplished.

JMO but the road schedule is only slightly better than last season...Arky will be a better team, TAMU might have a defense this year and LSU in BR is always tough...2 potential losses among those.

But it's pre-season and we know the historical accuracy of those predictions. Will be interesting to see what happens in the spring.

One word, schedule

Those aren't easy road trips no doubt, but I still believe it's huge getting UGA and Bama at home (not to mention the resurgent MS schools).

UGA and Bama are big. OM and Moo State are not going to be as good as they were this year. We simply replace those two road trips with Arky and TAMU which will be better than the versions we faced this year. With a decent defense, we probably beat bama in Turdtown. Who knows what would have happened with UGA. That was such a weird game.

I was thinking in the 15-20 range.

We underestimated losing Kozan, Robinson, and Prosch going into this season. I think we will also underestimate losing Coates, NM, CAP, Grant, and Bray on offense.

Coates ability to stretch the field and make long catches helped the entire offense. NM, for all of his inconsistencies, made some INCREDIBLE plays getting out of trouble etc. CAP was very good the 2nd half of this season, Grant - even with his under utilization this season - his speed always ensured the D had to man the outside, and Bray made some clutch catches and was a solid blocker on the outside. I know we have replacements but they all have major question marks IMO.

However, with the guys leaving the secondary I think will probably be for the better. It certainly can't get any worse.

Look at the other SEC QBs and you'll realize we are in very good shape compared to the rest of the SEC at that position. Dak returns so Moo State will be tough. We will have a good shot at an SEC title next season which would result in a playoff spot most likely.

We were last year too, Marshall was a consensus top 1 QB at the SEC preseason. I think we're ranked this high because the crazy amount of juniors that forgoed the draft for us.

True, DTR. Also, there will be first year-starter issues that are inevitably going to pop up with JJ. We don't know how he will react in a close game. He has the same cool demeanor as NM but we don't know if he will respond when we are down 4 with 80 yards to go with 1:30 left on the clock.

Two senior linebackers coming back with CWM leading the defense is going to be huge. Cass and Kris will be huge next year. Everyone seems to forget about Tray Matthews at safety, but that guy is going to be a stud too.

Archived