Early 2015 preseason picks

WaynesAUworld

Two senior linebackers coming back with CWM leading the defense is going to be huge. Cass and Kris will be huge next year. Everyone seems to forget about Tray Matthews at safety, but that guy is going to be a stud too.

Our secondary should get an automatic boost with Jones returning, Matthews being in the rotation (he probably starts), Ford's speed back there with his improving game, and Mincy no longer being identified as the guy to attack on game film. IMO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optimistically, I say Moo St takes a huge step back with or without Dak, ole miss is always ole miss and we get them at home, I think LSU is on a downward trend, Arky will be very tough on the road but not impossible, A&M still has no defense and we have won there before, UGA at home and who knows how they will be, and bammer looks like a 3 loss team to me right now. We finish 11-1 (maybe lose at Arky) win the West, win the SEC and go to playoff...

Pessimistically, all of that is hogwash and we finish 9-3 and a return trip to Tampa to face Wisconsin again. Who knows????

Truthfully I would not have given you a penny that Ohio St would win the national title this year and in October I would have bet no Big 10 team would even make the playoff. College football is crazy.

Two senior linebackers coming back with CWM leading the defense is going to be huge. Cass and Kris will be huge next year. Everyone seems to forget about Tray Matthews at safety, but that guy is going to be a stud too.

Our secondary should get an automatic boost with Jones returning, Matthews being in the rotation (he probably starts), Ford's speed back there with his improving game, and Mincy no longer being identified as the guy to attack on game film. IMO.

If we can land some of these D line recruits then our defense will be tough. that's the only question mark IMO

It is a given that Gus's offense will be excellent. The defense should be better based on just the coaching staff alone. The ranking is too high and should probably be more in the 10ish range to start.

If we can land some of these D line recruits then our defense will be tough. that's the only question mark IMO

I agree, The DL is a major question mark. But I can't imagine it being much worse than this year. We got zero push and QBs had time to do their homework in the pocket. Lawson's return hopefully helps but our interior run D might be trouble.

It really doesn't matter. It's all academic. I don't mind Auburn being rated high. It will all shake out one way or the other. I'm guessing the AP will likely have us outside the top 10 somewhere. OSU will probably be #1. Turds will be in the top 5 just like always. I wonder who TCU and Baylor lose off of their teams?

It really doesn't matter. It's all academic. I don't mind Auburn being rated high. It will all shake out one way or the other. I'm guessing the AP will likely have us outside the top 10 somewhere. OSU will probably be #1. Turds will be in the top 5 just like always. I wonder who TCU and Baylor lose off of their teams?

Apparently TCU returns a ton of talent next season. I think an ESPN "too early poll" had TCU at #1 actually if I'm not mistaken.

Paul and the bammers are NOT gonna like this!!

Yep. I would listen to the show just to hear their reactions, but I can't bring myself to listen to that garbage show. Maybe you can update us after the show is over. Lol. War Eagle

...and Auburn fans wonder why Auburn doesn't get more respect. Here it is freely given and most of y'all are complaining about it.

At least some can see the big picture.

I like the timing right before the big recruit weekend.

I've seen this early USA Today poll retweeted on Twitter a lot today. . . . With tons of responses from Bammers, all of whom are completely losing their minds over this. Good thing Bammers don't concern themselves with the Barn, huh? . . .

It makes sense with us rated number 2. I think they got it right with this one. Bammer is on the decline of which I feel certain they will not have double digit wins in 2015. They have had their day in the sun, and now the sun is setting on the twilight of their dominance. Take this to the bank!

I've seen this early USA Today poll retweeted on Twitter a lot today. . . . With tons of responses from Bammers, all of whom are completely losing their minds over this. Good thing Bammers don't concern themselves with the Barn, huh? . . .

No doubt, lol

...and Auburn fans wonder why Auburn doesn't get more respect. Here it is freely given and most of y'all are complaining about it.

At least some can see the big picture.

I like the timing right before the big recruit weekend.

I doubt the recruits are gonna think Auburn as that highly, are they a contender, sure, but #2, no, that'd just be ridiculous

Yep. I would listen to the show just to hear their reactions, but I can't bring myself to listen to that garbage show. Maybe you can update us after the show is over. Lol. War Eagle

I don't either, but I will sacrifice it today! WDE

Have never seen a team finish with 4 straight losses to end the season start off at #2 for next year. I doubt if Pawl will even mention it unless it's a real slow day. He'll spend 90% of the time talking about the championship game.

If they have us at number 2 then it's not really credible. Not saying we couldn't end up being that good but nothing about how we ended justifies that position

Preseason rankings are never credible. They're just guesses. Sometimes they're lucky and right and sometimes they're wrong, but guesses is still all they are.

If they have us at number 2 then it's not really credible. Not saying we couldn't end up being that good but nothing about how we ended justifies that position

Preseason rankings are never credible. They're just guesses. Sometimes they're lucky and right and sometimes they're wrong, but guesses is still all they are.

Interesting now to go back to this season's preseason rankings. Surely someone has already mentioned this, but it seems pertinent in this thread.

FSU, bammer, Oregon and Ohio St. were 1, 2, 3 and 5 respectively.

Baylor was 10 and TCU was down around 35.

We were 6, by the way.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/1

But it really feels like the committee wanted those prognosticators to be right in the end. Maybe not.

Archived