auburn finishes season ranked

hutchids

We did not finish the season good enough to be ranked IMO.

Telling the truth gets you called a troll so just watch out.

You're a troll, it's the truth. :poke:

We did not finish the season good enough to be ranked IMO.

Telling the truth gets you called a troll so just watch out.

You're a troll, it's the truth. :poke:

AMAZING comeback. Bravo.

If he was mean about it, you'd complain that "even the mods get in on the action".

That ranking deserves a golf clap at best. Any fan or Alum should expect better based on the fact that we are football factory and that we pay our football coaches at a top ten level. Of course, the fact that Gus has fired almost the entire D staff and hired the best DC available is a good sign.

wde

That's being very generous given our second half collapse. Guess the difficult schedule was factored in. Otherwise I don't see it with a 8-5 record. Does not matter anyway, on to next season.

That's being very generous given our second half collapse. Guess the difficult schedule was factored in. Otherwise I don't see it with a 8-5 record. Does not matter anyway, on to next season.

+1

What I haven't seen from the folks saying we shouldn't be ranked is: who should be ranked ahead of us?

Marshall? 9-4 Louisville? Utah State?

I was thinking along the same lines. 22 isn't really admirable, but it's probably justified when you look at what a difficult schedule we had to deal with.

I do think we should've been ranked; but it's a nice surprise that we are. I think 24 is right about this: Gus has brought some positive recognition to AU.

Best for us if Louisville is ranked as high as possible preseason, by the way.

Yes, surprising, but also glad to get the recognition for our team.

What I haven't seen from the folks saying we shouldn't be ranked is: who should be ranked ahead of us?

Did Arkansas finish ranked? Because if not they deserve a spot ranked most definitely

Finished this season #22 and will start next season at #2.

The respect Gus has brought to Auburn is incredible!

That piss poor production that rounded out the season didn't look to damn respectable to me. :puke:

True, only one of those three that might beat us is Louisville, and we will find that out at the start of next season. Marshall is right behind us at 23rd (and havent played a single p5 team), then Louisville at 24th, and USU isn't ranked.

Link to final top 25 poll is in the OP now. Sorry, I thought I put it in there.

True, only one of those three that might beat us is Louisville, and we will find that out at the start of next season. Marshall is right behind us at 23rd (and havent played a single p5 team), then Louisville at 24th, and USU isn't ranked.

Yep, I checked the poll before responding and gave my response accordingly. USU was in the "also getting votes" category.

So the question remains unanswered.

Yep, I checked the poll before responding and gave my response accordingly. USU was in the "also getting votes" category.

So the question remains unanswered.

IMO no one below us in the polls should definitely be ranked ahead of us. Our ranking, while surprising since we have 5 losses, is fair. Only team with any argument to be ranked is 9-4 Nebraska. But given their new head coach, bowl loss, and ZERO good wins I'd say finishing with just receiving votes is right for them.

Finished this season #22 and will start next season at #2.

The respect Gus has brought to Auburn is incredible!

That piss poor production that rounded out the season didn't look to damn respectable to me. :puke:

We were a mediocre defense away from being 11-1 in the regular season at worst. So Gus fired the DC and went out and got maybe the best one in the country (and we are now poised to have the best finish to the recruiting season of anybody).

Why are we so intent on focusing on crap that we can't change but that our coach- with every bit of support he needs from the administration, and who people outside our own perpetually dissatisfied fanbase acknowledge as one of the best in the business- is doing everything possible to ensure doesn't happen again?

My God. We have one of the best coaches and best offenses in football. We hired Will freaking Muschamp. We're about to host 3 of the top 5 recruits in the nation on our campus, along with a lot of other blue chips. National media are predicting we'll be one of the best teams in the nation again next year (for the 2nd time in 3 years). Yet this forum has been a non-stop bitch fest focusing on nothing but crap that already happened and can't be changed. It's really confusing and a bit embarrassing.

Archived