FYI Vladimir Putin documentary on PBS Frontline tonight, Tues, 1-13.

homersapien

For upstate SC, It's at 10:00 on WEPR.

Have no idea if or when you may get it, if you get it at all. My mother in the B'ham area has Dish and they provide only one PBS channel as far as I can determine, whereas, I get three (3) PBS channels via broadcast.

Anyway, I am sure it will be interesting.

Have no idea if or when you may get it, if you get it at all. My mother in the B'ham area has Dish and they provide only one PBS channel as far as I can determine, whereas, I get three (3) PBS channels via broadcast.

Try not to get up and sing the old soviet anthem when it starts..... Lol! ;) joke

Try not to get up and sing the old soviet anthem when it starts..... Lol! ;) joke

I'll try my best comrade. ;)

(The Nazi salute gag in Dr. Strangelove comes to mind. ;D )

Putin on pbs? As a new reporter or analyst?

Putin on pbs? As a new reporter or analyst?

Look up documentary (if you can).

Regardless, you need to skip it. It's almost an hour long, way beyond your attention span.

Poor homey claus. Forced to reply to every word.....hehehehehehe

Frontline may be the best news program in the history of television.

Putin redefines the word "corrupt".

That is going to be the case with any Soviet-era official in post-Soviet Russia.

That is going to be the case with any Soviet-era official in post-Soviet Russia.

Well, the Russians have never known any differently. But it's hard to see how this can go on forever.

The median Russian income is $870 (as I recall) while the median income in India is a little over $1,000. 130 people hold 35% of the country's wealth.

I thought it interesting that the Arab Spring really worried him - enough to start a war. How about those Chezchen apartment bombings! And all the murders of the investigators. A 9/11 conspiracy really happened there!

I agree with ICHY. He's much worse than I realized.

Well, the Russians have never known any differently. But it's hard to see how this can go on forever.

The median Russian income is $870 (as I recall) while the median income in India is a little over $1,000. 130 people hold 35% of the country's wealth.

I thought it interesting that the Arab Spring really worried him - enough to start a war. How about those Chezchen apartment bombings! And all the murders of the investigators. A 9/11 conspiracy really happened there!

That stood out to me as well. Seems impossible when you consider the levels of development.

Did you see that Putin's net worth is estimated to be $40 billion?

That stood out to me as well. Seems impossible when you consider the levels of development.

Yeah. I kept wondering, what's the point? What's he going to do with all that money?

People like Bill Gates have the satisfaction of using their wealth to change the world. He's obviously not going to do that. Even that 250 million dollar palace hardly places a scratch in it. He is truly a sick sick individual.

Yeah. I kept wondering, what's the point? What's he going to do with all that money?

People like Bill Gates have the satisfaction of using their wealth to change the world. He's obviously not going to do that. Even that 250 million dollar palace hardly places a scratch in it. He is truly a sick sick individual.

If his economy gets much worse, we may find out. Is there anyone in the world who will protect him?

Archived