Patrick Miller going pro

gonefhin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This surprises me. I wish him luck but wonder if he would have drafted better if he had played a full season healthy next year?

Maybe so, if he could stay in the lineup.

Miller exits...enter the man/child/beast Braden Smith. God rest the souls of as lineman and second level DBs.

Wow. I cant believe this. Miller wasn't even one of the ones who requested draft evaluation. This was totally out of left field... oh well...

I wish him the best. I question if he will even be drafted?

Keeping fingers crossed we avoid a Duke Williams change of heart for 2 more days. miller was a valuable tackle. Maybe one of our top 2 but the depth we have there should hold up fine. Another solid season could have been profitable for him though.

I am surprised at this. A healthy year would definitely help his draft stock. Either way I hope he gets to the league and has a long career. Best of luck.

Big shortage of tackles in NFL I think....teams go through them pretty fast during a season with injuries....may not get drafted but I bet he will land somewhere if he can pass their physical....and can stay healthy.

I thought the time to enter the NFL draft had already expired. Is there a cutoff date to declare for the draft? I think he is making a mistake. I do wish him the best and hope it all works for him.

I thought the time to enter the NFL draft had already expired. Is there a cutoff date to declare for the draft? I think he is making a mistake. I do wish him the best and hope it all works for him.

Thursday I believe Doc

Good luck, Patrick! Thank you for your hard work and dedication. War Eagle!

Probably a good decision. Another year on the bench would not help his situation. Although I thought PM was probably our most talented tackle (my opinion is not worth much) he was apparently not CJBG's favorite. Coaches probably leveled with him Tackles next year will most likely be SC, AY, BS, and MI. Don't give me this MI will redshirt. PM would be depth which we don't need. Only 5 play on OL unless injuries happen. May have even encouraged Patrick to give it a go which would be in his best interest IMO. Doubt if he is drafted but he might impress. We'll see.

I seriously doubt coaches pointed him in that direction. Depth is too useful to urge a late rounder or free agent to leave early.

We wish him the best. While I believe most of us would agree he would have benefitted from another year you never know. He might lock on as a free agent somewhere and have a successful career.

Somewhat interesting. I imagine he will be a free agent and end up on someone's practice squad and be ready to move to the team upon an injury. I think his frame is great but could have always used another 20 to 30 lbs for the college game and certainly for the pro game.

This is probably an example of a player not improving his draft status by staying another year. Good luck to him.

Wow, talking about surprises. I would have named quite a few players that might leave eRly before I would get to Patrick. Oh well, I'm sure he has a reason and knows what he's doing. I'll definitely be rooting for him.

Archived