Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a defensive position coach at Auburn, I would work my tail off so that if and when the day comes where CWM gets another HC job, I would be at the top of my game and would make a seamless transition to the DC position. There would be no drop off whatsoever, and Auburn would remain the best defense in the conference.

If I was a defensive position coach at Auburn, I would work my tail off so that if and when the day comes where CWM gets another HC job, I would be at the top of my game and would make a seamless transition to the DC position. There would be no drop off whatsoever, and Auburn would remain the best defense in the conference.

You can say that again.

Sounds to me that he is unfaithful. It'll be a matter of time before he screws Auburn over.

Or that while he admires Saban's coaching acumen, a guy can only take so much of him on a personal level before he has to get out.

The pessimistic, "go negative or go home" shtick of yours has played itself out.

^^^^ I imagine working for Saban would be somewhat like working for Hitler.

Das ist richtig!

Well lets make the out of it while he's on the Plains. If we can get 3 or 4 years of great recruiting classes, then that will be awesome.

He still makes me nervous. The REC would happily pay 10 mil to someone if they could inftrate our program and bring it down from the inside. I really don't think LT is that kind of guy, but the REC damn sure is and money can do strange things

EDIT: yes that is giant conspiracy theory and extremely unlikely ;D

The staff Gus has assembled on the D side of the ball is insane, especially in terms of recruiting. And it's not by chance that next year's D class of recruits is loaded. I'm looking for CLT to do some good work for us.

We have already had 3-4 great recruiting classes in a row...

Competing for championships should be a yearly expectation

we competed this year till the last 3or 4 weeks.

We have already had 3-4 great recruiting classes in a row...

Competing for championships should be a yearly expectation

we competed this year till the last 3or 4 weeks.

Well it was all a mirage. We got lucky a couple of times. In the end though that lack of defense was bound to catch up with us.

Ellis and his coaching style tanked with about 4 weeks left in the 2014 season.

It manifested itself in the last 4 weeks but the foundation wasn't there from the beginning. The blueprint was drawn up be Spurrier. Everyone else just followed that.

I think the blueprint was drawn up in the 4th qtr of UGA game in 2013 and Spurrier was the first 2014 team's coach to try it for the whole game!!

It manifested itself in the last 4 weeks but the foundation wasn't there from the beginning. The blueprint was drawn up be Spurrier. Everyone else just followed that.

What scheme did Ellis run at bama?

I do not think Ellis really understood what the meaning of the word "Scheme" was.

I do not think Ellis really understood what the meaning of the word "Scheme" was.

I remember getting blasted because I made similar comments well before the collapse happened. It started in the uga game in 13'. Carried over to the natty game and he was able to mask it but it was bound to be unmasked sooner or later.

I remember getting blasted because I made similar comments well before the collapse happened. It started in the uga game in 13'. Carried over to the natty game and he was able to mask it but it was bound to be unmasked sooner or later.

I stumbled into the wrong thread, I guess. I thought this was the CLT discussion. :dunno:

Since coach Thompson was late getting on board (hired wise), he really didn't have a lot of time to recruit or flip those uat kids to our side. I think his sed year will be much better.

Since coach Thompson was late getting on board (hired wise), he really didn't have a lot of time to recruit or flip those uat kids to our side. I think his sed year will be much better.

Yep.

Archived