Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some posters on TOS are saying Thompson will be hired today. I personally prefer him over Barrow but can't go wrong with either one.

What is TOS? Sorry if that is a dumb question

Update: Rivals and various Twitter folks are saying Lance Thompson to Auburn is happening today. I'm guessing Barrow's family situation wasn't going to work for him to jump back in right now. Or perhaps they are going to have him take one of the off the field slots which might give him more schedule flexibility to deal with his mom's health.

Update: Rivals and various Twitter folks are saying Lance Thompson to Auburn is happening today. I'm guessing Barrow's family situation wasn't going to work for him to jump back in right now. Or perhaps they are going to have him take one of the off the field slots which might give him more schedule flexibility to deal with his mom's health.

Exactly what I was hoping (not the family health part of course)

Wow that was quick. Excellent move by Gus and Will. I doubt if Barrow will take an off field job. If he wants to get back into coaching he'll do it in an on field role. I guess he felt like he couldn't be away from his mother right now. Been there done that.

This would be a HUGE get. Lance was rated the #1 Recruiter by ESPN for the time period between 2006 and 2013. He is responsible for getting Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, DJ FLuker, AJ McCarron, Da'Shawn Hand, and the list goes on and on.

Can't we add Barrow to that new "off field" spot and add Thompson to LBs?

Sure why not. I mean Barrow would agree to that in a heartbeat.

it'd be a recruiting palace

I was being facetious. I seriously doubt Barrow would take an off field role. He might but I figure his family situation prevents him from being an on field coach. I see no reason for him to go work in an off field role. They'll put someone else like a high school coach or someone like that into that spot.

TOS means "the other site" referring to other AU sites like 247, Rivals, and so on.

I started to reply "Tigers on Safari" as a joke but thought it would confuse the poster who asked an honest question. But since you gave the correct answer I can now say it as joke

TOS= "Tigers on Safari"

By the way this was a great hire hope we can get Barrows as off field also.

It's good in two aspects. You add an elite recruiter to your own staff, but you simultaneously take one from your rival.

Ok, I like this hire fine, but is he a better on the field coach than Barrow or is it a wash in that regard and Thompson is a better recruiter?

wde

Can't we add Barrow to that new "off field" spot and add Thompson to LBs?

Sure why not. I mean Barrow would agree to that in a heartbeat.

it'd be a recruiting palace

I was being facetious. I seriously doubt Barrow would take an off field role. He might but I figure his family situation prevents him from being an on field coach. I see no reason for him to go work in an off field role. They'll put someone else like a high school coach or someone like that into that spot.

I understand what you were doing, I was explaining why we should do it.

Archived