Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

Let's see:

1) He coached LBs and we needed a coach for LBs

2) He is a one of the top recruiters in the country

3) He will no longer be recuiting for our biggest rival but unstead will be recruiting for us...

4) He has already worked with muschamp

Yep, I think that fills the need.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late for him to make a big impact on recruiting for this class?

Absolutely not. He can and likely will make a big impact on this class. This is the home stretch coming up and there are a good number of top recruits still out there. This is when we need someone like him the most. This upcoming weekend will be huge.

It's good in two aspects. You add an elite recruiter to your own staff, but you simultaneously take one from your rival.

^^This! It's always a great day when you strengthen yourself AND weaken your most bitter rival!!

Absolutely not. He can and likely will make a big impact on this class. This is the home stretch coming up and there are a good number of top recruits still out there. This is when we need someone like him the most. This upcoming weekend will be huge.

Great! Thanks Cooltigger.

I agree, particularly if we have some on the fence. It could be what tips them off the fence and into the Lovliest Village.

Just curious, but does anyone have a link to a free bama forum so we could see what they're saying about this?

houndztooth. com

I checked it out yesterday to see if there was any KJ chatter. There wasn't..

Nvmd, wrong address, try this

http://forums.bamahammer.com/

Thanks guys. Hopefully they're upset.

They're not too terribly upset over at Tidefans. Sour grapes in most cases. Others will miss his recruiting.

They are saying Thompson was told to find another job.

One insider, Aaron Suttles, tweeted that.

Last post on Crimson Tusks was that Saban is cleaning house and allowed him to leave so he could save face. Just like he allowed Steele to take the LSU job. Let's see, so Saban "allows" two of his best defensive coaches, one of which is the top ranked recruiter in the nation, to go over to his major rivals because he wanted them to "save face" because he was going to fire them anyway. My God, tthose people are a piece of work! Is Phyllis now running the show???

My question is are there serious cracks in the dam now? 2 major bowl losses and it's hard to put up with Lil' Spanky's crazy narcissistic ways knowing a huge promotion to another school probably isn't likely?

One insider, Aaron Suttles, tweeted that.

Could be that he was. I am sure after Auburn and OSU torched that vaunted defense for 40+ points, the wee one wasn't happy. He's making some scapegoats out of a couple of people. It is his defense that they are running there. I mean it's his philosophy and his tactics and concepts and all the rest.

I'm sure after the meltdown of giving up 44 points to Auburn and losing to Ohio State made Saban go crazy. But he would not fire this guy. He's one of his best recruiters. Saban might have said something like that, but he wouldn't have fired him. Stuff like that will come out from Bama fans because he left for their arch rival. I love it!

more than likely he is trying to conceal his butthurt.

I dont know anything about Lance Thompson except that he's coached @ UA and UT and been around for a LONG time. I would think he'll be a great addition to the staff. Does this imply that Barrow turned Gus down?

Archived