Lance Thompson Recruiting

WDE_OxPx_2010

An observation about recruiting. When we lose a recruit because a coach moved on because somebody says the recruit should be picking the school not the recruiting coach. Now that we have three coaches from other schools that have been working with the player we see it as an advantage.

The point of my little rant is that each player is different some come to Auburn or another school because they grew up loving a school, others because they think a school will help them to get to the next level, some build a relationship with a coach or a coaching staff, some because their Mom or Dad wants them at a particular school.

In this case I hope CeCe likes the coaches we just brought in and comes to Auburn.

Folks don't want to hear that football players and coaches are real people with lives. It complicates the narrative.

An observation about recruiting. When we lose a recruit because a coach moved on because somebody says the recruit should be picking the school not the recruiting coach. Now that we have three coaches from other schools that have been working with the player we see it as an advantage.

The point of my little rant is that each player is different some come to Auburn or another school because they grew up loving a school, others because they think a school will help them to get to the next level, some build a relationship with a coach or a coaching staff, some because their Mom or Dad wants them at a particular school.

In this case I hope CeCe likes the coaches we just brought in and comes to Auburn.

Folks don't want to hear that football players and coaches are real people with lives. It complicates the narrative.

This

Was Thompson recruiting Adonis Thomas?

Yes, and Chad Simmons of Scout tweeted earlier today that Kirby Smart planned to visit Thomas soon. It should be interesting.

Yes, and Chad Simmons of Scout tweeted earlier today that Kirby Smart planned to visit Thomas soon. It should be interesting.

So it may be that we essentially trade DW for Thomas.

If that happens, who do you think gets the better end of the trade?

If that happens, who do you think gets the better end of the trade?

We're not losing Darrell Williams...

I hope we concede nothing, take everything and leave the updykes scratching their heads on NSD, pissed off, thinking our bagman is better than theirs.

Here here!!! Couldn't be stated better. Period.

Where will this hire help us the most with this class? I.E. Any specific guys to watch that were already on our board and any new names to keep an eye on? I'll hang up and listen.

Cece is the only one but a heck of a one he is. Biggest help will be in the 2016 class and beyond. He was Bama's lead for AU major targets 5* DE Julian Rochester, 5* DT Derreck Brown, 4* DT Antwaun Jackson, and secondary recruiter for 5* LB Bo Davis. He also should naturally expand Auburn's recruiting area as he does well in Virginia and the DC area.

He was also their lead for 2016 DT target Julian Rochester and secondary on LB target Ben Davis.

Davis is a non starter. He was born to the dark side. He would need an exorcism to play for us.

He and his dad are surprisingly very open right now FWIW.

No. DW eliminated Bama 2 weeks ago plus Bama has not and likely will not offer DW...plus Thomas will stick with Bama and I don't think we are taking anymore LBs besides Holland.

This weekend is going to be epic...I hope

This weekend will be epic!!!! ......unless it's not. :-)

Seriously so much BOOM or bust potential. I'm feeling the boom though.

Me, too. I hope we're right!!

Let's get some recruits!

Mikey, what do you think? I'll hang up and listen..

What do I think? I'm very surprised and think/hope it's a positive. Of course, I was excited when we hired such great recruiters as Harbison, Smith and Johnson on the defensive side.

Coach Hothead has worked with Thompson before and Gus knows enough football to tell if he wants a particular coach on the staff or not. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic.

No. DW eliminated Bama 2 weeks ago plus Bama has not and likely will not offer DW...plus Thomas will stick with Bama and I don't think we are taking anymore LBs besides Holland.

Good news! I missed that DW eliminated bama.

I was thinking that if we flipped AT they would try to flip DW to fill that spot. The last word I heard on DW was that if he got a legit bama offer he was gone. Very glad to hear he is all in now!

Where will this hire help us the most with this class? I.E. Any specific guys to watch that were already on our board and any new names to keep an eye on? I'll hang up and listen.

Cece is the only one but a heck of a one he is. Biggest help will be in the 2016 class and beyond. He was Bama's lead for AU major targets 5* DE Julian Rochester, 5* DT Derreck Brown, 4* DT Antwaun Jackson, and secondary recruiter for 5* LB Bo Davis. He also should naturally expand Auburn's recruiting area as he does well in Virginia and the DC area.

Yeah since I left the area our recruiting has fallen off a bit. Glad we got someone who could fill in the void I left behind.

Archived