What do you think will be our starting 11 on defense this year?

gr82b4au

Guys, even if Jefferson and Cowart sign, there is little chance they start day 1. Carl Lawson didn't even start his first game. Not saying it CAN'T be done, it's just highly unlikely.

Anyway, my picks for the start against Louisville (first game) even assuming we sign Jefferson, Cowart, and Holland...

DE Cowart

DL Adams

DL Daniels/Williams

DE Lambert

LB Frost

LB Mckenzie

LB Williams

CB Jones

CB Roberts/Ruffin

S Ford

S Matthews

**Nickel Back** Irvin

Im not sure on the 2nd DL spot or the 2nd CB

There is nobody else on the roster that can start ahead of Cowart in Muschamps' defense.

Guys, even if Jefferson and Cowart sign, there is little chance they start day 1. Carl Lawson didn't even start his first game. Not saying it CAN'T be done, it's just highly unlikely.

Anyway, my picks for the start against Louisville (first game) even assuming we sign Jefferson, Cowart, and Holland...

DE Cowart

DL Adams

DL Daniels/Williams

DE Lambert

LB Frost

LB Mckenzie

LB Williams

CB Jones

CB Roberts/Ruffin

S Ford

S Matthews

**Nickel Back** Irvin

There is nobody else on the roster that can start ahead of Cowart in Muschamps' defense.

Lawson is projecting as a Buck. And I would put Holsey over Irvin as the nickel. He is our most versatile.

LE: Carl Lawson

DT: Montravius Adams

DT: Davonte Lambert

RE: Byron Cowart

OLB: Kris Frost

MLB: Cassanova Mckinzy

OLB: Tre WIlliams

CB: Jonathon Jones

CB: Nick Ruffin

FS: Rudy Ford

SS: Tray Matthews

DE Cowart

DL Adams

DL Daniels/Williams

DE Lambert

LB Frost

LB Mckenzie

LB Williams

CB Jones

CB Roberts/Ruffin

S Ford

S Matthews

**Nickel Back** Irvin

Lawson is projecting as a Buck. And I would put Holsey over Irvin as the nickel. He is our most versatile.

Yes. This. I knew there was someone I was forgetting, so I just put a name there. Hosley should be in place of Irvin.

And in no way shape or form do I think Irvin is better or will make more of an impact than Cowart. Like I said I knew I was forgetting someone so I just plugged him in there. I do think he (Irvin) will at least get a look as a return man from the get go.

Wow and I just noticed that I had Cowart in Lawsons spot. Its been a long week, LoL

Hey guys I've been following since the AE days and used to post but my username changed when the website did to a very difficult one to remember so I decided to create a new account that I can remember! Anyways my crack at it:

Lawson

Adams

Williams

Lambert

Frost

Mckinzy

Williams

Jones

Holsey

Ford

Matthews

I see Cowart (if he signs with us) playing significant time as the fourth LB from the start when we line up in the 3-4 with a front of Lawson Adams Lambert

DE Lawson

DT Daniel

DT Adams

DE Lambert

OLB Garrett

MLB Cass

OLB Frost

Nickel Ruffin

CB Jones

CB Holsey

S Ford

S Matthews