Gus working to fix the defense

gr82b4au

I figure UGa is on a down hill slide when we beat them 3 or 4 years in a row. They have won 7 of the last 10 games. We have done our share to keep Richt at UGA.

Richt is not going anywhere. He has a good stable program and if anything they are recruiting better than ever. And UGA would never hire a coach that failed at Florida. Get real.

He is an alumnus of UGA. I think he'll be somewhere else by the time Richt steps down.

# 1 change should be more physical practice with more 1st team vs 1st team. Focus on the trenches! That's were games and championships are won every year. Weight room should be priority.

# 1 change should be more physical practice with more 1st team vs 1st team. Focus on the trenches! That's were games and championships are won every year. Weight room should be priority.

Nobody practices 1st team vs 1st team. Weight room is always a priority. That wasn't where the failure came in.

We need an OC that can recruit. I was hoping the Tulsa deal was real.

Seriously?

We've got a comedian here. This board is full of them. Nobody is seriously thinking that.

I sure hope not. If he is thinking that, he needs to be drug tested or given his own personal straight jacket.

If this staff is half of what we want it to be, it's not gonna be 100% together for more than 3-4 seasons. Muschamp hasn't given up with the SEC or with HC and if he becomes a HC again, Thompson will likely follow him again. It'd be nice to promote Robinson to DC after that and who knows who he'll pick

If this staff is half of what we want it to be, it's not gonna be 100% together for more than 3-4 seasons. Muschamp hasn't given up with the SEC or with HC and if he becomes a HC again, Thompson will likely follow him again. It'd be nice to promote Robinson to DC after that and who knows who he'll pick

I think this staff will be together far longer than you think. It will be a while before CWM gets another HC gig in the SEC.

Vandy, Ole Miss, and even Miss St could all be looking for new HCs at some point during that span. The way UGA is going, that's eventually gonna open up as well (if UGA is open, Muschamp is leaving in a heartbeat, there's no two ways with that statement)

Muschamp couldn't hack at as HC at UF and all its recruiting riches, but UGA is a shoe-in?

Bruh, relax. Stop rushing the future and just revel in these hires on D for the moment.

He had the best defense in the SEC more than once, I'm sure one of the main reasons he came to Auburn was to learn about offense under Malzahn, so he'll at least have the basic knowledge on how that side of the ball should function. He'll be dangerous once he leaves Auburn, and it'd be "bringing a Georgia man on home" so to speak.

I figure UGa is on a down hill slide when we beat them 3 or 4 years in a row. They have won 7 of the last 10 games. We have done our share to keep Richt at UGA.

Just cause Auburn is terrible against them doesn't mean Georgia is doing good period, LSU themselves are on a downward slope and we just beat them for the first time in 4 years. Just cause you're beating your #1 rival means you get bailed out for being mediocre for off and on for about 10 years.

Nobody practices 1st team vs 1st team. Weight room is always a priority. That wasn't where the failure came in.

That is incorrect. In fact, our new DC is highly in favor of it.

GOOD!

First I've heard of it. Makes me no nevermind.

UGA is on a downward slope, and those other coaches could always leave through various methods (Ole Miss still seems like the dead end job of always, even with the talent boosted, Vandy is likely gonna have a quick trigger finger here, and I don't expect them to get much better than the record this year in the near future)

I think you may want to go look at Richt's record at Georgia. The only thing he hasn't done is put a Nat champ trophy in the case. He has 2 Sec champ trophies and 4 trips to the game. His records against the great teams of the past decades ahve been a bit underwhelming but He has the Bulldogs up there almost every single year with a team that can compete for a title.

UGA is on a downward slope, and those other coaches could always leave through various methods (Ole Miss still seems like the dead end job of always, even with the talent boosted, Vandy is likely gonna have a quick trigger finger here, and I don't expect them to get much better than the record this year in the near future)

I think you may want to go look at Richt's record at Georgia. The only thing he hasn't done is put a Nat champ trophy in the case. He has 2 Sec champ trophies and 4 trips to the game. His records against the great teams of the past decades ahve been a bit underwhelming but He has the Bulldogs up there almost every single year with a team that can compete for a title.

Agreed. Richt may not have won a natty, but he nearly always has Georgia in contention for at least the SECe. We can poke fun at him for never breaking all the way through, but he absolutely dismantled us 3 of the last 4 years and almost pulled off one of the craziest comebacks I've ever seen before Ricardo snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Agreed. Richt may not have won a natty, but he nearly always has Georgia in contention for at least the SECe. We can poke fun at him for never breaking all the way through, but he absolutely dismantled us 3 of the last 4 years and almost pulled off one of the craziest comebacks I've ever seen before Ricardo snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I have been impressed with the patience shown by Georgia with Richt since he hasn't been able to push through the top layer of football, but there is no doubt he is a top notch coach that brings a competitive team to the field almost every year.

Gus has a lot more to fix other than defense. 3 of our 4 defensive coaches are highly qualified to fix the mess and the other hopefully will be seeking redemption after his last season's performance. Gus should also work on his play calling because it got way too cute last season. Special teams was a disaster last season and I'm shocked Fountain still has his job. The good thing is that Gus is doing the best to correct these things. The results of next season will tell us a lot about how good of a coach we have.

Archived