Who's In? ESPN's 2015 Playoff Predictions

AUbritt

I'm actually surprised by the results of this survey of ESPN staffers. Follow the link to see who voted for whom.

Most-popular-playoff-picks-Times-picked1421272429657.png

So, we're likely to be the 'first team out' according to ESPN.

[side note: what's up with Schlabach predicting both Baylor and TCU in the next playoff?!]

Fifth most picked team. I said it in the auburn finishing ranked thread, and I will say it again. Gus has brought us respect.

Two other things I noticed. One, Clemson doesn't get the respect they deserve. This has been maybe the best five years of winning they have ever had. Granted, they are ahead of FSU in picks which shows respect, but the reality is the winner of Clemson and FSU has a great chance at the playoffs. GT had a nice year, but they aren't a consistent winner anymore. The winner of Clemson/FSU should be undefeated. Other than UF and maybe USCe, they play nobody the rest of the time.

Two, lol at whoever picked Georgia. We'll have to worry about UGA on the national stage when Richt retires. Guy has 2 SEC titles in 14 years. Richt will always be a winner, but rarely a conference champion and not a national champion. Think about it. UGA has easily been more consistent than us since he has been there and we have more sec and national titles. and heisman winners for that matter.

We have a lot of key components that we will need to replace, especially on offense. The good thing is that the offense is going to be in good hands with Gus. The defense, though, maybe it's a good thing some of those seniors have exhausted their eligibility?

I'm actually surprised by the results of this survey of ESPN staffers. Follow the link to see who voted for whom.

Most-popular-playoff-picks-Times-picked1421272429657.png

So, we're likely to be the 'first team out' according to ESPN.

[side note: what's up with Schlabach predicting both Baylor and TCU in the next playoff?!]

No conference is getting two teams in with the current 4 team format. Alabama won't win the conference next year so that leaves them out.

No conference is getting two teams in with the current 4 team format. Alabama won't win the conference next year so that leaves them out.

I think you're probably right. Auburn and Bama likely split the SEC's votes. But this is also why I was so shocked about Schlabach predicting both Baylor and TCU in the final four.

I think you're probably right. Auburn and Bama likely split the SEC's votes. But this is also why I was so shocked about Schlabach predicting both Baylor and TCU in the final four.

For the next several years Baylor has all ooc games as cupcakes. It's good for making them a consistent bowl team, which will help them. However, it did keep them out of the playoffs this year. With their schedule, Baylor must be undefeated to get in. I don't see that happening. Not with Snyder at K-st, Strong at UT, and TCU and Oklahoma in the conference.

For the next several years Baylor has all ooc games as cupcakes. It's good for making them a consistent bowl team, which will help them. However, it did keep them out of the playoffs this year. With their schedule, Baylor must be undefeated to get in. I don't see that happening. Not with Snyder at K-st, Strong at UT, and TCU and Oklahoma in the conference.

I think Baylor will be a consistent 10-win team, at least. I even think they could go undefeated and make it to the playoff in the next few years. I don't see them AND TCU both making it at the same time.

It's nearly a unanimous and easy choice picking OSU and TCU. USC should have a good season next year as well. Then it will be the winner of the SEC. I know Saban is still there, but unless you count Henry, Bama only has 2 returning starters on offense (OL), could possibly be losing at least 5 on defense (depending on the draft). That's a lot especially considering their schedule. But they'll always continue to get votes until Saban is gone, I guess.

It's nearly a unanimous and easy choice picking OSU and TCU. USC should have a good season next year as well. Then it will be the winner of the SEC. I know Saban is still there, but unless you count Henry, Bama only has 2 returning starters on offense (OL), could possibly be losing at least 5 on defense (depending on the draft). That's a lot especially considering their schedule. But they'll always continue to get votes until Saban is gone, I guess.

They're losing a lot. On the other hand, they've consistently recruited well. I suspect that Urban winning the natty with his 3rd string QB has reinforced the perception that recruiting talent is a huge determining factor in winning.

Bama is going to be good as long as Saban is there. We have shown a willingness to compete, however. Also, we're the other team from the SEC that's been in the hunt most recently. Finally, everyone knows our offense will be good, as well as the fact that we made a huge upgrade in terms of defensive coaching. So, it makes sense that we are the next choice from the SEC.

LSU returns a lot of talent on D next season. They're much more likely than Arky to be in the hunt for the West, if you ask me. But most folks now see the West as a 2-team race between us and Bama. That's good for us.

I hope they get left out again just for that pathetic schedule...

Wow, Jesse Palmer had us in. Wouldn't have expected that

Yep. So did Tebow.

Of course he did. He never beat us... how can he expect anyone else to?

I hope they get left out again just for that pathetic schedule...

that was a big reason they got left out this time.

They're losing a lot. On the other hand, they've consistently recruited well. I suspect that Urban winning the natty with his 3rd string QB has reinforced the perception that recruiting talent is a huge determining factor in winning.

Bama is going to be good as long as Saban is there. We have shown a willingness to compete, however. Also, we're the other team from the SEC that's been in the hunt most recently. Finally, everyone knows our offense will be good, as well as the fact that we made a huge upgrade in terms of defensive coaching. So, it makes sense that we are the next choice from the SEC.

LSU returns a lot of talent on D next season. They're much more likely than Arky to be in the hunt for the West, if you ask me. But most folks now see the West as a 2-team race between us and Bama. That's good for us.

Until lsu finds a QB they will be a 4-5 loss team. I have a few friends that are lsu fans and they all pretty much expect next year to be much like this year was for them. 8 wins and a bowl. They are not at all happy with Miles choice for DC either. They just aren't a good team right now.

Until lsu finds a QB they will be a 4-5 loss team. I have a few friends that are lsu fans and they all pretty much expect next year to be much like this year was for them. 8 wins and a bowl. They are not at all happy with Miles choice for DC either. They just aren't a good team right now.

That's where Braxton Miller comes in, perhaps. Now for them, it makes sense.

It's weird how they can't get a decent qb except by transfer.

That freshman QB Brandon Harris has talent - he was a true freshman last season and it showed. This is the same guy AU wanted but he chose LSU and AU snagged White. Now some here think White might start. I think some are selling the LSU Qb situation short, they were just really young on offense last season. Harris has the skill set, along with Fournette, and Dupree they have a good young offensive core. Don't close the book on the Bengal Tigers yet..

That freshman QB Brandon Harris has talent - he was a true freshman last season and it showed. This is the same guy AU wanted but he chose LSU and AU snagged White. Now some here think White might start. I think some are selling the LSU Qb situation short, they were just really young on offense last season. Harris has the skill set, along with Fournette, and Dupree they have a good young offensive core. Don't close the book on the Bengal Tigers yet..

I don't think their staff is capable of getting much out of the talent they have.

It's weird how they can't get a decent qb except by transfer.

Kindred Tiger spirits, I guess.

I look for TAM to be the most improved next year with LSU and Arky making strides too. OM should hold serve and hopefully AU will do better (10-2ish). I think Miss St will take the biggest step back and $puat will lose a little ground too.

Archived