Moving to Montgomery.... Advice

WarAJEagle

Hey everyone,

It looks like I'm moving to Montgomery (area) for a job with the state. I am not sure exactly of where to live, but I am a single male and prefer an apartment in a decent area. I've been looking at some places off Vaughn Road, and they don't look bad. I know Montgomery is Rough in some areas, but is this area okay? I could always do Prattville, as my office will be on Coliseum Blvd, but the rent up there is really expensive at the complexes I've seen. I would love to live in Auburn and commute, I did it for a summer internship and it drove me crazy. Maybe once I have a family and kids in school I could do it, but right now.... I'd prefer not to. Thanks for any and all help!

• 2 weeks later...

I might suggest staying east of Bell Road, North of Troy Hwy. Sturbridge Commons Apts on Vaughn Rd (just past Taylor Rd) are nice. Barrington Place on ATL highway is nice, as well. I know someone who recently lived there. There are some nice places down Taylor Road past Vaughn. I don't think you can really go wrong in that area.

• 3 weeks later...

I might suggest staying east of Bell Road, North of Troy Hwy. Sturbridge Commons Apts on Vaughn Rd (just past Taylor Rd) are nice. Barrington Place on ATL highway is nice, as well. I know someone who recently lived there. There are some nice places down Taylor Road past Vaughn. I don't think you can really go wrong in that area.

Thanks for the help, actually decided to live in Prattville and commute down 65S. Seemed like a better place to live than East Gump.

I have a starter home for sale in Prattville that is fully renovated in a great area if you are interested. Asking $110k

I worked at ADEM but recently took a job in B'ham

Thanks for the help, actually decided to live in Prattville and commute down 65S. Seemed like a better place to live than East Gump.

Prattville is nice. My in-laws live there. Glad you got it worked out!

Archived