It's not just the "crazy " Right who noticed our absence in Paris.

AURaptor

I'd say our commander is out of touch, and not so much the Public.

"If I were writing such a history now, I would call it Chickenhawk Nation, based on the derisive term for those eager to go to war, as long as someone else is going. It would be the story of a country willing to do anything for its military except take it seriously. As a result, what happens to all institutions that escape serious external scrutiny and engagement has happened to our military. Outsiders treat it both too reverently and too cavalierly, as if regarding its members as heroes makes up for committing them to unending, unwinnable missions and denying them anything like the political mindshare we give to other major public undertakings, from medical care to public education to environmental rules. The tone and level of public debate on those issues is hardly encouraging. But for democracies, messy debates are less damaging in the long run than letting important functions run on autopilot, as our military essentially does now. A chickenhawk nation is more likely to keep going to war, and to keep losing, than one that wrestles with long-term questions of effectiveness." http://www.theatlant...ilitary/383516/

Hey you get a recognition for a couple of minutes during the half at football games. What more could you want? :dunno:

;)

Yeah, I should just be glad and according to the creepy old guys, shut my mouth and march off to war, that is when they take five minuets to step away from the Golden Corral Buffet to pay attention. Once the war is in full swing, it's back to the mall.

This has zero to do with anyone voting for us to go to war, and everything to do w/ the world noticing a glaring absence of ANY visible presence by the United States, at a rally following cold blooded murder by Islamic terrorists.

This has zero to do with anyone voting for us to go to war, and everything to do w/ the world noticing a glaring absence of ANY visible presence by the United States, at a rally following cold blooded murder by Islamic terrorists.

So tough guy, when does Nigeria and Sudan get their rally?

TexT......you are right about France not supporting us n Iraq. That is a major reason for my dislike of France. I actually exchanged some e-mail with their Prime Minister at the time, a dude named Dominique de Villepin. He kept saying we needed have more diplomatic discussions. I finally told him to go out to the

cemetery at Normandy and see how many Americans might be alive if all we had done was talk and no action. That ended the "discussion.".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it France who refused to stand with us after 9/11?

No. They did stand with us.

http://mobile.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2007/05/23/nous-sommes-tous-americains_913706_3232.html#meter_toaster

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2003/09/bushs_many_miscalculations.html

They didn't support invading Iraq since it was unrelated to 9/11.

Oh yes, that's right! It was the Iraqi invasion they didn't support. And the sitting administration changed potatoes served at the White House from French Fries to Freedom Fries. Because invading Iraq was ALL about freedom.

Tough guy? Great non sequitur. Ask Nigeria & Sudan .

So now you see why I'm not getting wrapped around the axel on this BS. 12 highly controversial journalist from a Left Wing Mag who have constantly taunted Islamist Terrorists get murdered by said terrorists; 40 country leaders show up for a rally. Thousands upon hundreds of thousands of Africans die by Islamists terrorists and people like you reply snarky with a "well go ask Nigeria and Sudan." So to you it's not really about rallying after a terrorist act, it's about finding something to gripe about the President. You couldn't care less about global terrorism.

So now you see why I'm not getting wrapped around the axel on this BS. 12 highly controversial journalist from a Left Wing Mag who have constantly taunted Islamist Terrorists get murdered by said terrorists; 40 country leaders show up for a rally. Thousands upon hundreds of thousands of Africans die by Islamists terrorists and people like you reply snarky with a "well go ask Nigeria and Sudan." So to you it's not really about rallying after a terrorist act, it's about finding something to gripe about the President. You couldn't care less about global terrorism.

:bow:

TexT......you are right about France not supporting us n Iraq. That is a major reason for my dislike of France. I actually exchanged some e-mail with their Prime Minister at the time, a dude named Dominique de Villepin. He kept saying we needed have more diplomatic discussions. I finally told him to go out to the

cemetery at Normandy and see how many Americans might be alive if all we had done was talk and no action. That ended the "discussion.".

Villepin pretty much nailed it:

http://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/French_address_on_Iraq_at_the_UN_Security_Council

Auusn - you have a weird way of connecting dots in different area codes.

The rally happened. Leaders or their stand ins showed up. No one from the USA was there. People noticed.

Wanna talk about boko harem? Fine by me. But that's a valid , though different discussion as to why Obama snubbed the world last Sunday.

Auusn - you have a weird way of connecting dots in different area codes.

Not really, if you knew anything about global terrorism you'd know is it's quite easy to connect dots but then I'm not the one trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. But hey, whatever helps you to rationalize your raging case of ODS.

Also... Tough guy. If your dear & fluffy leader is so hell bent on not calling the Gitmo detainees "Muslim" why do we furnish them with prayer rugs, qurans, prayer time, halal specified meals & the like?

They're not Muslim, but they're treated as such.

O should deny them those things if they aren't TRUE Muslims

Also... Tough guy. If your dear & fluffy leader is so hell bent on not calling the Gitmo detainees "Muslim" why do we furnish them with prayer rugs, qurans, prayer time, halal specified meals & the like?

They're not Muslim, but they're treated as such.

O should deny them those things if they aren't TRUE Muslims

Whoa, stop raging and stay on topic. You got a little foam coming out of your mouth...

All other leaders were in Paris except Obama.

That's the issue.

You're trying to drag a red herring across the path to confuse & distort discussion.

All other leaders were in Paris except Obama.

That's the issue.

You're trying to drag a red herring across the path to confuse & distort discussion.

Canada's leader wasn't. He sent his freaking Public Safety guy. Wouldn't the Canadians, who have a much closer tie to France than we would have sent their President?

Don't forget your claims the French didn't support us and also scammed us. Apparently that plays in there somehow since you brought it up.

Right. In your mind Iraq = WWII. :-\

Not to mention the French turned out to be right on that. We should have been listening to them.

More excuse making.

Unfrakingbelievable.

We ain't Canada.

I guess you think we should take our signs from Canada now ?

There's leadership for ya.

Still haven't learned to cut your losses I see.

I loved you as the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail :roflol:

Archived