performance v. recruiting rankings -- 9 years

DyeCampAlum

We will have another average recruiting class if this weekend doesn't go the way we all want it to.

I was just talking about based on how we were ranked was average, but before 2009, I suppose we were actually average recruiting and this class seems like it's already peaked. Its a chance that this new defensive staff can save us and hopefully land these big targets.

I'll be surprised if this class doesn't finish in the top 5, which would be above average, as recruiting has been for the last 4 years. Also, in 2 seasons, this staff has averaged 10 wins. That is also above average.

Any recruiting data going back more than 4 years is useless. Any win-loss data going back more than 2 years is useless.

Edit: "Useless" in assessing our current coaching staff.

We will have another average recruiting class if this weekend doesn't go the way we all want it to.

I was just talking about based on how we were ranked was average, but before 2009, I suppose we were actually average recruiting and this class seems like it's already peaked. Its a chance that this new defensive staff can save us and hopefully land these big targets.

We will find out after this weekend that's for sure.

According to this piece off a UCLA blog, Auburn comes in at #12 for performance 2006-2014 and #13 for recruiting. You can find similar data elsewhere.

http://ucla.scout.co...rm-their-talent

Nice to see that not only is our performance high, but higher than recruiting. Good job by the coaches overall.

According to this piece off a UCLA blog, Auburn comes in at #12 for performance 2006-2014 and #13 for recruiting. You can find similar data elsewhere.

http://ucla.scout.co...rm-their-talent

Nice to see that not only is our performance high, but higher than recruiting. Good job by the coaches overall.

That's one way to look at it. It's not the way the article's author is viewing it.

The charts show Auburn had:

Median Scout Recruiting Class Ranking (2002-2014) of #11

Median Final Team Ranking (2006-2014) of #18

and

Median Scout Recruiting Class Ranking (2008-2014) of #8

Median Final Team Ranking (2012-2014) of #16

This means AU has been under-performing when compared to Scout's recruiting rankings. Georgia, South Carolina, Stanford are playing better than recruiting would indicate. Tennessee fans should break out the pitchforks.

Archived