Who do you think our starting 11 will be on Offense next year?

Dual-Threat Rigby

If Chandler plays close to Heath Evans level, we are in for some FUN days ahead! :wareagle:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QB: Jeremy Johnson

RB: Jovon Robinson

H-Back: Chandler Cox

WR1: Duke Williams

WR2: Melvin Ray

WR slot: Marcus Davis

LT: Shon Coleman

LG: Alex Kozan

C: Xavier Dampeer

RG: Braden Smith

RT: Avery Young

QB: Jeremy Johnson

RB: Jovon Robinson

H-Back: Chandler Cox

WR1: Duke Williams

WR2: Melvin Ray

WR slot: Marcus Davis

LT: Shon Coleman

LG: Alex Kozan

C: Xavier Dampeer

RG: Braden Smith

RT: Avery Young

I agree with this as close as any i have seen. not sure about the Center position, almost have to put Golsden in there somewhere.

I think we forget that the heir apparent to the Prosch role was Gage Batten before he was injured

I couldn't agree more the kid showed potential as a walk-on He has the prototypical size at 6"1" 240 pounds and he liked to block. Cox may grow into the role but at 225 pounds he would have trouble stopping big D-Linemen and even some big linebackers. Some say Pettway but as bad as we needed an HB last year I would have thought they would have tried him this year and seen if he could do the job.

I like Cox but think he would need a year of adding muscle mass to be able to be a lead blocker for the run or a pass protection blocker. I see him as a special Team player with some HB coming out of the backfield routes or maybe a Redshirt to get him ready to be out HB in the future.

As the only HB with real game experience I remember Gage Batten was suppose to be the starter this past year but then there was some sort of injury in spring to which we moved Fulse to HB and then Batten had some sort of Knee Reconstruction this past season. Is it realistic to expect him to be healthy ?

This is the only position on offense I am concerned about with Batten being injured and Cox and Pettway having never played college ball this position battle looks like a crap shoot. I would assume Cox is the favorite because the coaches brought him in early. If you watch his HS tape the kid is going to be nasty.

This is who I think we take the field with (take out one depending on the formation):

QB: Johnson

RB: Robinson

HB: Cox

WR: Williams

WR: Louis

WR: Davis

TE: Laye

LT: Smith

LG: Kozan/Golson

C: Kozan/Golson

RG: Young

RT: Coleman

Notables:

RB: Thomas

RB: Barber

WR: Stevens

WR: Ray

So,does anyone who actually know how Kozan is doing? Ive seen reports that he will be back in the fall to reports that say he may never play another snap. How is he actually doing? Does anyone actually know?

Game 1 vs UL

QB Johnson

RB Roc Thomas

HB Pettway/Cox

WR Duke

WR Louis

WR Ray/Davis

LT Coleman

LG Young

C Golson

RG Kozan (if healthy)

RT Braden Smith

Interesting that no one has mentioned Jason Smith. He was the nations No. 1 Juco athlete.

I could see him starting at slot since there's no Quan, and he emulates him more than anyone on roster. In a dream world, we'd go into a lot of 4 WR sets and you'd have Duke and Stevens out wide with Ricardo and Jason on the inside

Interesting that no one has mentioned Jason Smith. He was the nations No. 1 Juco athlete.

I could see him starting at slot since there's no Quan, and he emulates him more than anyone on roster. In a dream world, we'd go into a lot of 4 WR sets and you'd have Duke and Stevens out wide with Ricardo and Jason on the inside

I can see him being on two-deep next season. Louis/Burton/Smith battle at Z.

What would you guys think about putting Prince Tega at TE? Seems like that could be unstoppable.

No... Jalen Harris is the guy at TE.

What would you guys think about putting Prince Tega at TE? Seems like that could be unstoppable.

No... Jalen Harris is the guy at TE.

I realize that Jalen Harris is the "guy" at TE...I'm saying, can you imagine having a 6'8" 250 TE? That's bigger than Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas and he has just as much athleticism.

6'8" 250 lb Tight End? Sounds good to me!!

My After Signing Class Two Deep

QB Johnson,White

WC Smith,Wallace

RB Robinson,Barber

RB Thomas,Johnson or Ford

HB Pettway,Cox

TE Laye,Harris

X. Louis,Ray

Y. Williams,Stevens

Z. Smith,Burton

F. Davis,Truitt

LT Coleman,Diamond

LG Kozan,Danzey

C. Golson,Dampeer or Mix

RG Young,Carr

RT Smith,Leff

Redshirts

WR R Davis,Slayton

OL Kim,Sharp,Harrel

I think Ford goes back to RB

Concern Area 4 Freshman make up the two deep for HB and TE and Coleman struggled last year in place of Robinson.I could see Young to LT and Coleman to RG.

QB- Johnson

RB - Robinson, Thomas

HB- Pettway or Cox

Scat- Truitt

TE - Harris

LT - Coleman

LG - Smith

C - Golson

RG - Diamond or Danzey

RT- Young

*A lot of people think Kozan will not be ready

WR1: Williams, Louis

WR2: Ray, Slayton

WR3: Davis, R. Davis

*Tony Stevens hasn't shown much

QB Johnson

RB Robinson or Thomas

HB Cox

TE Harris

LT Coleman

LG Kozan (if healthy)

C Golson

RG Young

RT Smith

WR Williams

WR J. Smith

WR Louis

IMO Jeremy Johnson is a much better runner than most on here give him credit for. He is a more polished Cardale Jones.

QB Johnson

RB Robinson or Thomas

HB Cox

TE Harris

LT Coleman

LG Kozan (if healthy)

C Golson

RG Young

RT Smith

WR Williams

WR J. Smith

WR Louis

IMO Jeremy Johnson is a much better runner than most on here give him credit for. He is a more polished Cardale Jones.

Cardale is more shiftier than Jeremy but other than that I agree

QB Johnson

RB Robinson or Thomas

HB Cox

TE Harris

LT Coleman

LG Kozan (if healthy)

C Golson

RG Young

RT Smith

WR Williams

WR J. Smith

WR Louis

Cardale is more shiftier than Jeremy but other than that I agree

i hope jj is that strong.

Cardale Jones is what Cam Newton would've looked like as a sophomore IMO.

I just don't think JJ has the same style of play. Although he's leaner, I see JJ as more of a Roethlesberger type. Can run when called upon but won't bust long ones on a D.

So,does anyone who actually know how Kozan is doing? Ive seen reports that he will be back in the fall to reports that say he may never play another snap. How is he actually doing? Does anyone actually know?

Back injuries such as his are always tricky. For now, he is doing well but the coaching staff is reluctant about discussing it openly.

My 2 cents...

QB - Johnson

RB 1 - Robinson

RB 2- Thomas

HB / FB - Pettway

HB / TE - Laye

WR - Stevens

WR - Louis

WR - Williams

LT - Coleman

LG - Kozan

C - Dampeer

RG - Golson

RT - Young

Players to watch for...

* I'm still nervous about Kozan's return. Braden Smith is a physical beast but is still learning to play at this level in terms of technique. A healthy Jordan Diamond could make some noise too.

* Jason Smith will get a look at quarterback. He really worked hard on his passing in JUCO and appears to be a much better passer than the coaches expected. He redshirted one year as a JUCO to get his grades up and did a lot of film study. Obviously will fall back to WR should the QB attempt fail.

* Tony Stevens is a player to watch for this year at the WR position. Myron Burton had a strong bowl practice and really stood out to the coaches.

* Kamryn Pettway also had a great bowl practice adjusting extremely well to the HB role. Auburn lacks experience at the H-back position but the combination of Pettway and Chandler Cox is the most athletic Malzahn has fielded at the HB-FB role.

* Jeremy Johnson is a much better runner than some fans believe. He won't run as frequently as Marshall but will still give opposing teams nightmares defending his "full" game.

This is going to be one of the most competitive spring practices at Auburn in a very long time.

I think AU's passing game is going to be significantly different as well as the run attack. NM was pretty good, but I feel like JJ is a more well rounded passer. Either CGM tailored the passing O to NM's strengths, mainly deep balls, some deep crossing routes, or on the edges or CGM doesn't have a prolific passing O, the latter I don't believe. I think we will see a much more intricate passing game with JJ at the helm.

I agree with Stat about the competitiveness at spring practice, arguably one of the most talent rich classes at AU in awhile. I think the RB spot is gonna be a dog fight, as there are 3 or 4 guys who could legitimately be the starter. I hope we can see some cohesion on the OL sooner and avoid the injuries we saw the first part of 2014. I think the 2015 offense could be even better and more lethal than the 2013 offense.

Archived