Who do you think our starting 11 will be on Offense next year?

Dual-Threat Rigby

I think AU's passing game is going to be significantly different as well as the run attack. NM was pretty good, but I feel like JJ is a more well rounded passer. Either CGM tailored the passing O to NM's strengths, mainly deep balls, some deep crossing routes, or on the edges or CGM doesn't have a prolific passing O, the latter I don't believe. I think we will see a much more intricate passing game with JJ at the helm.

I agree with Stat about the competitiveness at spring practice, arguably one of the most talent rich classes at AU in awhile. I think the RB spot is gonna be a dog fight, as there are 3 or 4 guys who could legitimately be the starter. I hope we can see some cohesion on the OL sooner and avoid the injuries we saw the first part of 2014. I think the 2015 offense could be even better and more lethal than the 2013 offense.

His 2007 Tulsa team had 3 1,000 yard WR's I believe lol. I think you know as well as I do that Gus adapts to what he has, and with Nick he had a great athlete with ok accuracy and a really strong arm. With JJ he has pretty good athlete that has pretty good accuracy and a really strong arm. I agree I think the passing O will be more prolific but if Jovon and Roc live up to the billing, and JJ proves doubters wrong with his running ability, it might be an offense for the ages.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the board doesn't blow up all over itself at the first sign of JJ being a human QB. There are lot of expectations being placed on him and he's going to be a first time starter, so he's going to take his lumps throughout the season. He has all the talent one could ask for, and all the measurables but we just don't know how he's going to be until he's thrown in the fire. He's never had a DC game plan against him in an attempt to take away what he's most comfortable with. How will he respond? He seems to be a very cool, and balanced guy like NM but its easy to be that way on the sideline. Will he fold or crumble when we are down 4 with 1:30 on the clock? Or is he a "put the team on my back" kind of guy? Or will he prefer to hit speedsters in space and let them do the work? How is his "feel" in the pocket? Is his internal clock going to get him out of trouble? We will find out when Gus finds out because those scenarios can't be replicated in practice.

Rambling OVER.

Archived