Blake Gideon to Auburn...

WarEagleAU

Any idea what his role would be here?

Grad Assistant.

Replace Cam Clark as GA Defensive Backs. They have to find someone to replace Johnny Brewer and Brandon Wheeling as well.

Dumb question: do GAs get paid? If so, how much?

Yes, about $15-$20K per year.

Thanks. I wonder if these guys have other jobs. You'd be hard pressed to raise a family on 15-20k.

Thanks. I wonder if these guys have other jobs. You'd be hard pressed to raise a family on 15-20k.

Grad assistants are generally single but not always. They go to school while they are doing their coaching duties so that makes working elsewhere almost an impossible thing. If they're married their wife would probably be working too.

Guess these guys consider this an investment in their futures.....like getting a scholarship or something. Most just stay a year or so it seems and several that have been on Gus's staff have moved up to pretty nice positions after their time at AU.

Coach Tuberville started at Miami as an unpaid volunteer coach. He eventually worked his way up to DC while there. In this respect coaching is like any other profession in that you don't make much money when you're just starting out. If you succeed the sky's the limit.

Coach Tuberville started at Miami as an unpaid volunteer coach. He eventually worked his way up to DC while there. In this respect coaching is like any other profession in that you don't make much money when you're just starting out. If you succeed the sky's the limit.

What? Work hard and succeed then the sky is the limit? Never heard such nonsense. Lol.

Got several friends who have been grad assistants at various levels of college football from SEC, Sunbelt, FCS, D2, and NAIA. They know what they're getting into and they very much consider it an investment for the potential to lead to a great job in the future. Most are single and between 22-26 years old. $15-20k is being extremely generous in their pay. Most receive free room, board, and somewhere between $500- 1,000 a month based on the level they're at.

Interesting tidbit, I'm a high school strength coach and defensive coordinator and at this time last year I was making 4x as much as a buddy of mine who was an OL quality control coach at a D2 school. Last week he got a full time OL coach at a different D2 school and we are now on the same pay scale. He's only 25 and has a chance to be a big time OL coach within the next 5-7 years. He started as a grad assistant at West Alabama in 2013. Goes to show how much upward mobility there is in the coaching profession.

Got several friends who have been grad assistants at various levels of college football from SEC, Sunbelt, FCS, D2, and NAIA. They know what they're getting into and they very much consider it an investment for the potential to lead to a great job in the future. Most are single and between 22-26 years old. $15-20k is being extremely generous in their pay. Most receive free room, board, and somewhere between $500- 1,000 a month based on the level they're at.

Interesting tidbit, I'm a high school strength coach and defensive coordinator and at this time last year I was making 4x as much as a buddy of mine who was an OL quality control coach at a D2 school. Last week he got a full time OL coach at a different D2 school and we are now on the same pay scale. He's only 25 and has a chance to be a big time OL coach within the next 5-7 years. He started as a grad assistant at West Alabama in 2013. Goes to show how much upward mobility there is in the coaching profession.

Good info, thanks!

Pshh not at Bama. Tosh Lupoi was hired away from UW to be an "intern" at Bama. His salary at UW before he moved to the Turds was 350,000. What interns do you know of that make 350,000 or more?

The NCAA limits the number of GA`s you can have as well as their salary. There is not if I am correct a limit on the number of analysts they can have unless it happened fairly recently.

Pshh not at Bama. Tosh Lupoi was hired away from UW to be an "intern" at Bama. His salary at UW before he moved to the Turds was 350,000. What interns do you know of that make 350,000 or more?

Is that even possible?

Archived