2016 3* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama commit)

TIGGR82

DT recruiting is looking up in a big way so it's time to move on. Stop calling the kid names and being butthurt cause he didn't honor his commitment.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT recruiting is looking up in a big way so it's time to move on. Stop calling the kid names and being butthurt cause he didn't honor his commitment.

ClaytonAU, if I ever accuse you of not being direct enough, slap me.

:bow:

:bow:/>

Will do! And just call me Clayton, we've gotten to that level of friendship.

:bow:/>

Will do! And just call me Clayton, we've gotten to that level of friendship.

:cheers:

Goodbye Q.

:nopityA:

Has anyone seen Minority Report? Reading this reminded me of when the female pre cog said "Goodbye Crow."

Bleacher report just had to put in that AU was his childhood favorite, I say BS! Oh, and he said he loves Saban. Lol C ya!!!

There's nothing wrong with BR putting that in there. Whether it's real or not Q said he grew up an AU fan many times.

I don't believe that one bit.

I don't either but it is fair to put in the story since the writer can't disprove that.

That was my whole point. I refuse to believe if your childhood favorite offers you a scholly, then you play judas and go to the rival. Never believed it once he said it, especially with dad being a bammer.

And that's a difference between your generation and theirs. Childhood favorites don't mean much come recruiting time. Fewer and fewer decisions each year have childhood favorite as a factor. If anything, childhood favorite should only be looked at as giving a school an early advantage in a recruiting battle and that's it.

Generation has NOTHING to do with it. It's more of a north vs south part of the state thing if u ask me. AU fans that go to bama were never considered fans here in the northern part of the state if both schools offered. Trust me, if a bama fan growing up is offered to go to turdsville, he's going with no second thoughts. That's why I didn't believe him from the word go.

Generation has NOTHING to do with it. It's more of a north vs south part of the state thing if u ask me. AU fans that go to bama were never considered fans here in the northern part of the state if both schools offered. Trust me, if a bama fan growing up is offered to go to turdsville, he's going with no second thoughts. That's why I didn't believe him from the word go.

Part 1 is just silly whimsickle thinking. We can't know what people thought on fandom growing up unless we were in their lives to witness the individual first hand. I can disprove point 2 by myself. I grew up a Bama fan. I was one of those hard core ones too who called AU and Coach Dye War Chickens for not going for 2 to beat Syracuse in the Sugar Bowl in the late 80s. With that said, when it came time to choose a college I chose Auburn to go to because it was the best choice for me regardless of childhood allegiance. I eventually converted my fandom.

Part 1 is just silly whimsickle thinking. We can't know what people thought on fandom growing up unless we were in their lives to witness the individual first hand. I can disprove point 2 by myself. I grew up a Bama fan. I was one of those hard core ones too who called AU and Coach Dye War Chickens for not going for 2 to beat Syracuse in the Sugar Bowl in the late 80s. With that said, when it came time to choose a college I chose Auburn to go to because it was the best choice for me regardless of childhood allegiance. I eventually converted my fandom.

Wow.... Dun dun duhhhhh. Wasn't expecting that E lol

I actually witness it day to day here in the shoals area. These kids are brainwashed in this area bad. I'm trying to guide a few of them out of tripple stage darkness as we speak. And Wow E, that's something about my life I would never admit, that's very noble of u though. My route was I actually confronted 2 turd loving 3rd graders bullying a female classmate of mine when we were both in 2nd grade all because she had an AU shirt on. Needless to say she didn't have to worry about that problem anymore. WDE

Absolutely stunned....who would have ever thought this would happen ? :dunno: Who was it that said on this board not long ago that we are mostly wasting our time chasing these brain-washed kids who have always dreamed of playing at bama ? What seemed like an imprudent comment is validated....again....

Oh well...moving right along.

These kids today, or at least the vast majority, don't grow up with the same love for a school as most here. They for the most part are the first of their families to even have the chance to go to college. There are no family connections or any real ties that bind. They are looking for a way out. That is why the midget puppet master is such a good recruiter. He sells them on a path to escape more than a family or educational experience. If you want to compete with little Nicky you have to approach far too many along those lines. It's a scummy approach that works and it takes a scumbag to excel at.

I actually witness it day to day here in the shoals area. These kids are brainwashed in this area bad. I'm trying to guide a few of them out of tripple stage darkness as we speak. And Wow E, that's something about my life I would never admit, that's very noble of u though. My route was I actually confronted 2 turd loving 3rd graders bullying a female classmate of mine when we were both in 2nd grade all because she had an AU shirt on. Needless to say she didn't have to worry about that problem anymore. WDE

My point is you can grow up pulling for 1 school in this state and end up at the other because it is or the person believe it is the better college for them. Brandon Cox, Roc Thomas, and Darrell Williams are a few that come to mind immediately.

My point is you can grow up pulling for 1 school in this state and end up at the other because it is or the person believe it is the better college for them. Brandon Cox, Roc Thomas, and Darrell Williams are a few that come to mind immediately.

I actually went to school at Bama and I never converted over. Making a professional decision to attend your rival's university isn't that uncommon. As a matter of fact, I saw several students with Auburn hats walking to the Culverhouse business school nearly every day. Friend of mine is a diehard bammer, but he graduated from Auburn with an engineering degree. Our professional lives should not be dictated by football teams, Ever!

Now, in your case, I am glad you got smart and converted over.

lol nice

Or, to put it another way: if our staff (which includes at least a couple millionaires) really did get played by a high school kid, then maybe y'all need to be pissed at them instead of the kid.

For one, who is pissed at the kid? This day has been coming since he decommitted. Why in the heck would I be mad at the group that got played and not the "player."

Well your third line seems to very directly answer your first. And if you didn't get my point from what I already typed, then you're not going to, as I might not be articulate enough to make it any less confusing.

I'm not pissed at the kid. The coaching staff has the right to be pissed; they were the ones directly played. I don't think anybody has a right to be pissed at the coaches though. All they did was accept his commitment, not realizing it was premature.

A couple of us questioned this committment when it occurred thinking it may have been a little premature. We were quickly pounced upon by pumpers. Some kids jump on an AU offer for the attention and higher ranking and use that to their advantage. I know it must be difficult to determine the sincerity of a committment sometimes. Kids may not have the system figured out but their handlers do.

Maybe some of you should think it's not as big of a deal to some people as it is to you lol

My comment was based on my understanding that he had not been to AU in quite some time, once he had de-committed (any maybe even before then) folks who generally know what is going on with our recruiting never gave any hint that he was playin' possum or something. Seems he changed his mind a few months ago and maybe the AU coached did not ramp up their efforts afterward. I obviously don't have any facts....just my perception of what was going on.

Whatever....he should go where he feels "lead" and if it's bama....so be it.

lol nice

Indeed, thanx to those arrogant bama fans I became an AU fan. My brother made it official when I went to an AU game with him. It's been all AU ever since.

Archived