2016 3* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama commit)

TIGGR82

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Q for getting his 4th* & making the ESPN 300 yesterday.

:wareagle:

Am I experiencing Vuja De'?

No. I think that once again, dyslexia heads its ugly rear.

Congrats to Q for getting his 4th* & making the ESPN 300 yesterday.

:wareagle:

Am I experiencing Vuja De'?

No. I think that once again, dyslexia heads its ugly rear.

:rimshot:

I think Quinnen continues to rise up through the rankings. I'm really anxious to see his SR film. You can tell he figured out he was faster/stronger than his competition last year.

I think Quinnen continues to rise up through the rankings. I'm really anxious to see his SR film. You can tell he figured out he was faster/stronger than his competition last year.

And he is another kid AU beat uat on. uat has not given up yet but I'm told we are good. No worries.

• 1 month later...

And he is another kid AU beat uat on. uat has not given up yet but I'm told we are good. No worries.

I'm worried. FWIW.

I'm worried. FWIW.

Talking to yourself again, WDE?

Argh.

I'm worried. FWIW.

If he is waivering, Lord help us all.

I'm worried. FWIW.

He didn't show up to Big Cat and camped at uat on Sunday. Does not seem firm to AU to me. His dad is pushing him to uat.

I'm worried. FWIW.

He didn't show up to Big Cat and camped at uat on Sunday. Does not seem firm to AU to me. His dad is pushing him to uat.

I don't know if it was a legit reason or not but per QW he could not make it to BCW because his dad was his only ride & the dad took his brother to a camp on Saturday.

I'm worried. FWIW.

I don't know if it was a legit reason or not but per QW he could not make it to BCW because his dad was his only ride & the dad took his brother to a camp on Saturday.

So, his dad could drive him to Tuskaloser but not to Auburn. Got it. Is there a bullcrap emoticon somewhere?

I'm worried. FWIW.

So, his dad could drive him to Tuskaloser but not to Auburn. Got it. Is there a bullcrap emoticon somewhere?

Not the first time his dad has drove him to uat.

I'm worried. FWIW.

As a Dad with more than one kid I have had to make decisions as to which kid got priority when each had something to do in different places. His Dad may like Bama but it is also possible that the brother had a camp there and he couldn't be in two places at once. Some parents don't want their kids taking road trips with other kids it is called responsible parenting.

You may be right dad is a Bama fan and doesn't want kid at Auburn but rather then jump to conclusion give the kid and his dad the benefit of the doubt.

By the way if one of my kids was the type of athlete that was being pursued by multiple Universities I would definitely try and persuade him or her to go to Auburn but if for some reason they decided to go somewhere other even (Bama)I would support them and cheer for them but when they played against Auburn I would cheer for them personally but cheer for Auburn to win.

I'm worried. FWIW.

As a Dad with more than one kid I have had to make decisions as to which kid got priority when each had something to do in different places. His Dad may like Bama but it is also possible that the brother had a camp there and he couldn't be in two places at once. Some parents don't want their kids taking road trips with other kids it is called responsible parenting.

You may be right dad is a Bama fan and doesn't want kid at Auburn but rather then jump to conclusion give the kid and his dad the benefit of the doubt.

By the way if one of my kids was the type of athlete that was being pursued by multiple Universities I would definitely try and persuade him or her to go to Auburn but if for some reason they decided to go somewhere other even (Bama)I would support them and cheer for them but when they played against Auburn I would cheer for them personally but cheer for Auburn to win.

I don't put everything I hear on this board. I did message a couple of people here that right after Williams committed to AU, the uat coaching staff called his dad and his dad took him right up to uat. His dad wants him at uat and is doing everything he can to get him there. Nothing to do with his brother.

And most of us here have kids. We know the drill. :dunno:

Does anyone really know what is going on behind the scene's? Who really knows what is going on between the coaches and recruits? Maybe there is bigger fish the coaches feel good about? Who knows what goes on in the mind of 17, 18 and 18 year old boys? It's June 3rd, 8 months from signing day, no tome to panic or worry.

He's gone.

When it's announced all hell will break loose worse then DM yesterday.

I'm sure. I mean, I guess I don't get too worried this time of year, because we all know these kids minds will change four more times until February, but this is the one position in which we seem the most unstable. And, its probably the biggest key to winning in this league outside of a quarterback. I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot of talent elsewhere to recruit well in this one position.

It would/will suck to see another defensive lineman decommit and/or commit to Bama, but it just feels a little early for panic. Marshall either isn't sure what he wants to do or doesn't have a commitable offer from Bama so he's still very much in play. Until Williams is committed elsewhere, you have to say the same for him.

Add Antwaun Jackson, considered an AU lean for a while even with UGA in the picture; add Derrick Brown, a UGA lean from what I understand but, again, in play; add Marlon Davidson, which last I heard as a 50/50 shot with a possible slight lead for the good guys; add Antonneous Clayton, where we are considered strong favorites. Those are all uncommitted guys (or guys currently committed to Auburn). That's not mentioning Tyler Clark, where we'll keep pushing. That's not mentioning Jordan Elliott, who seems like a wildcard with the Houston commitment. That's not mentioning Michail Carter, who was in Auburn this past weekend.

We're looking for 5-8 players on the DL with the right mix of guys. I understand folks are frustrated with how things are going at the start of summer, but it seems like a crazy time to get up tight about it.

It would/will suck to see another defensive lineman decommit and/or commit to Bama, but it just feels a little early for panic. Marshall either isn't sure what he wants to do or doesn't have a commitable offer from Bama so he's still very much in play. Until Williams is committed elsewhere, you have to say the same for him.

Add Antwaun Jackson, considered an AU lean for a while even with UGA in the picture; add Derrick Brown, a UGA lean from what I understand but, again, in play; add Marlon Davidson, which last I heard as a 50/50 shot with a possible slight lead for the good guys; add Antonneous Clayton, where we are considered strong favorites. Those are all uncommitted guys (or guys currently committed to Auburn). That's not mentioning Tyler Clark, where we'll keep pushing. That's not mentioning Jordan Elliott, who seems like a wildcard with the Houston commitment. That's not mentioning Michail Carter, who was in Auburn this past weekend.

We're looking for 5-8 players on the DL with the right mix of guys. I understand folks are frustrated with how things are going at the start of summer, but it seems like a crazy time to get up tight about it.

Good post

MD is ours.

Clayton, I think you can probably say the same about [the other] Clayton, but even assuming they're just very interested targets, there are a ton of DTs and DEs on our board and very much in play for us. That was my point.

Archived