Allen West Punks Sharpton

Weegle777

Allen West rocks!

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/234485-col-allen-wests-responds-sharptons-oscars-white-modest-proposal/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Politics

Colonel Allen West Responds To Sharpton’s ‘Oscars Are Too White’ Controversy With a Modest Proposal

BY MICHAEL HAUSAM (12 HOURS AGO) | CULTURE, ENTERTAINMENT, MOVIES, NATION, POLITICS, TV

IJRSHAREEMAIL

a2d465cba56d15b5068e7d26837a9e60fb69486447559c4358f956c62ddfa5c0_fact

Col. Allen West wrote about Al Sharpton’s response to the Oscars’ “all-white” nominees and his suggestion puts the “controversy” into proper perspective.

Sharpton said this:

The movie industry is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher you get, the whiter it gets. I have called an emergency meeting early next week in Hollywood with the task force to discuss possible action around the Academy Awards.

The lack of diversity in today’s Oscar nominations is appalling and while it is good that Selma was nominated for ‘Best Picture,’ it’s ironic that they nominated a story about the racial shutout around voting while there is a racial shutout around the Oscar nominations. With all of the talent in Selma and other Black movies this year, it is hard to believe that we have less diversity in the nominations today than in recent history.

West, never shy about pushing back against black leaders such as Sharpton, pointed out that this is only the second time in the last twenty years that only white folks were nominated for best actor, actress or director.

West then concluded with this:

But I’ll tell you where there IS a clear pattern of racism. It’s in the NFL!

I did a quick review of the starting line-ups for the four playoff teams (Seahawks, Packers, Colts and Patriots) and 65 percent of those players are black. I’d say that’s a little lop-sided, wouldn’t you — considering blacks make up only around 14 percent of the U.S. population.

And don’t get me started on the racism in the NBA!

If you want to talk about no diversity in honoring excellence, look at the recipients of the Most Valuable Player awards over the last 58 years.

It’s shocking! Seventy-eight percent of all MVPs in history have been black! Boy, I’d say the NBA is way too black. We ought to hold an emergency meeting to discuss possible action against the NBA, right Al? I mean it’s simply not FAIR.

In the NBA, it’s like outer space Al — the higher you get, the darker it gets.

Of course, no one seriously considers that there’s an actual problem with the racial makeup of professional sports. It’s a simple meritocracy.

That’s also the central issue with the Oscars — Academy members vote for the best in each category based upon the options with which they’re presented.

It’s very hard to view Sharpton’s comments as anything other than self-promotion and an attempt to shine a light on an issue that simply doesn’t exist. Allen West’s comments make that point succinctly and in a humorous way.

Far easier for Sharpton to play the race card against Hollywood and shake them down than the NFL or NBA.

Everyone knows how faux guilt plays w/ the Left in Hollywood. It tears them up, to the point where they'll kow-tow to anything Obama and Sharpton want.

What I like about West is that he is a battle-hardened patriot that has seen the corruption of government and is fighting against it and is level-headed enough to be able to see people like Sharpton as they are.

What I like about West is that he is a battle-hardened patriot that has seen the corruption of government and is fighting against it and is level-headed enough to be able to see people like Sharpton as they are.

There is a posse here that will disagree with your sentiment.

There is a posse here that will disagree with your sentiment.

Oh I know. That's fine. I have respect for those that have been there and that know the inside, not some silver spoon lousy attorney turned politician that has zero idea of what life outside his or her Harvard lifestyle is about.

Archived