2015 4* CB DaVante Davis (Texas signee)

CadillacCone

If we were to get him and keep west ru we'd have a 6'3 and a 6'4 corner on the field at the same time. Not many if any schools can say that

Westry will not play CB under WM.

Yup. Coach Craig probably made a call to former teammate and current UK assistant Jimmy Brumbaugfh on behalf of Westry to set up the OV that Westry just took to UK.

Clarification- he will not play corner because of his feelings about Muschamp or Muschamp won't likely allow him to out of scheme/fit?

WM. Does not fit WM's scheme at CB. Safety maybe. Guys the Kid is 6'4". Never seen a 6'4" CB.

And we already have 3 kids in this class committed as safeties and or nickels in Irvin, Colbery, and Atkinson plus Trey Matthews from last year's class who will be eligible this next year as a RS Soph.

On a side note I'm hoping this means Boom is going to move Ruffin and Roberts back to CB.

I'm told both Ruffin and Roberts will play CB next year.

Where they should be! Had no business playing safety at all. Another reason why I was NEVER impressed with Johnson's coaching

Has Westry played WR?

Not sure but I know he's not an AU target there.

Great speed and height. Doesn't make you a WR, though.

There's a reason though why most kids play DB. The hands man.

I find it slightly humorous that it's unthinkable to have a 6'4" corner in Westry, but yet we're ok with DaVante Davis at 6'3" 200. I'm all for it if he is great in man-2-man... Just pointing out the humor.

And people, please just let Westry go. This is recruiting. It happens.

I find it slightly humorous that it's unthinkable to have a 6'4" corner in Westry, but yet we're ok with DaVante Davis at 6'3" 200. I'm all for it if he is great in man-2-man... Just pointing out the humor.

Nobody has said nor implied it's unthinkable to have a 6'4 corner. Boom sees Westry as a safety, not a corner. We already have potentially 4 new kids coming in at safety counting Trey Matthews. If we offer and subsequently take Davante height will have nothing to do with it. The old D staff recruited CBs that were zone cover guys. Boom wants guys with man coverage skills. If we take DD it will onlt be because of his man coverage ability. Obviously the staff does not think very highly of Westry's ,man coverage ability or they would not have told him to look around.

Nobody has said nor implied it's unthinkable to have a 6'4 corner. Boom sees Westry as a safety, not a corner. We already have potentially 4 new kids coming in at safety counting Trey Matthews. If we offer and subsequently take Davante height will have nothing to do with it. The old D staff recruited CBs that were zone cover guys. Boom wants guys with man coverage skills. If we take DD it will onlt be because of his man coverage ability. Obviously the staff does not think very highly of Westry's ,man coverage ability or they would not have told him to look around.

We are putting alot stock in they we get DD. Or JD. Or redwine. Just saying. I think muschamp will get his guy though

Right but I think what he was saying that many used the fact that westry was 6'4"as a reference.for him not playing corner and the fact that this guy is 6'3" but his height haven't been referenced. At least that was my interpretation.

Right but I think what he was saying that many used the fact that westry was 6'4"as a reference.for him not playing corner and the fact that this guy is 6'3" but his height haven't been referenced. At least that was my interpretation.

Fair point. No matter the height you have to have the hips, speed, and in Boom's system the man coverage skills to play Corner.

Many on here has said something about not seeing a 6'4"corner....

Rivals lists this kid as 6'2 and as a Safety.

We're recruiting DD at CB.

Many on here has said something about not seeing a 6'4"corner....

Rivals lists this kid as 6'2 and as a Safety.

We're recruiting DD at CB.

Carlton Davis, tOSU cb commit we're going after, is also listed as 6'2". Does that mean that the people jumping to the conclusion that we're suddenly only going after shorter CBs are...idk...wrong?

Small hands...smell like cabbage?

Coverage ability is key..not height. Guy could be 8ft as long as he can meet the man to man skill set Muschamp wants out of his corners...

Bingo....fairly simple concept to understand IMO. Muschamp D is aggressive he wants kids abilities to fit his philosophy not their measurables.

Archived