2015 4* CB Javaris Davis commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Niebuhr CB'd him to Florida.

With our obvious intent to take Redwine and Carlton Davis, I think we either told J. Davis or he figured out that there was no longer a slot for him at AU.

#1 target at CB and a priority for WM. Kis is elite.

This is why I don't get hung up with how many stars a kid is rated... I'm pretty sure most coaches don't put much stock in that stuff.

I saw a post somewhere today that said Bama was cruising to another recruiting national championship... how ridiculous.

Look back at their past classes... There are so many guys that don't pan out that are supposed to be instant stars. Remember Dee Liner? Yeah, don't even think he's seen the field yet. Bama recruits based off of stars. I like the coaches that see the potential in 3 stars. Daren Bates was a 2 star and he's starting in the NFL right now. I think Russell Wilson was a 2 star as well and he has a Super Bowl ring and possibly getting 2 in a row.

Um, they haven't won less than 10 games since Saban's first season there. They've won 3 national titles. They just won the SEC and went to the playoffs. The NFL is now littered with former bama players. It's possible to hate them and still be semi-realistic about what they are. I promise.

Yes, there are examples of 5*s who fail and 2*s who excel. They are the exception, not the rule. Talented teams win championships. In fact, since 2005, every team who has won a title has signed 50% or more blue chip (4* or 5*) players.

#1 target at CB and a priority for WM. Kis is elite.

This is why I don't get hung up with how many stars a kid is rated... I'm pretty sure most coaches don't put much stock in that stuff.

I saw a post somewhere today that said Bama was cruising to another recruiting national championship... how ridiculous.

Look back at their past classes... There are so many guys that don't pan out that are supposed to be instant stars. Remember Dee Liner? Yeah, don't even think he's seen the field yet. Bama recruits based off of stars. I like the coaches that see the potential in 3 stars. Daren Bates was a 2 star and he's starting in the NFL right now. I think Russell Wilson was a 2 star as well and he has a Super Bowl ring and possibly getting 2 in a row.

Um, they haven't won less than 10 games since Saban's first season there. They've won 3 national titles. They just won the SEC and went to the playoffs. The NFL is now littered with former bama players. It's possible to hate them and still be semi-realistic about what they are. I promise.

Yes, there are examples of 5*s who fail and 2*s who excel. They are the exception, not the rule. Talented teams win championships. In fact, since 2005, every team who has won a title has signed 50% or more blue chip (4* or 5*) players.

This. The bottom line is that talent wins more often than not and the more talent you accumulate the better. We all love the stories of the underrated Marks or Powers or even Kevin Greenes of the world that have had collegiate and NFL success despite not being 5-star recruits. But, the more of those 5-star guys that you sign the better your odds of competing for championships. Bammer has done that better than anyone the past 7 years or so and their sustained success proves that it is true, painful as it is to witness and acknowledge.

No time is a good time to waste time. Now is the time for all good men who plan to sign with Auburn do just that and sign.

This kid needs some love since the Cowart situation is hogging the attention. WAR EAGLE Javarius! Looking forward to seeing you in the O&B!

:thumbsup:

Seems not that long ago we would've been pretty happy about a Rivals 4* CB.

Archived