Auburn Tigers @ the 2015 NFL Senior Bowl

metafour

Its that time of year again. Official measurements happened this morning...

WR Sammie Coates

6'1 and 3/4 inches

213 pounds

33 and 1/2 inch arm-length (longer than a lot of linemen)

9 and 1/2 inch hands

DB/QB Nick Marshall

6'1 and 1/2 inches

205 pounds

31 inch arm length

9 and 3/8 inch hands

C Reese Dismukes

6'2 and 7/8 inches

295 pounds

32 inch arm length

8 and 1/4 inch hands (absolutely tiny and by far the smallest for OL present)

RB Cameron Artis-Payne

5'9 and 5/8 inches

212 pounds

30 inch arm length

8 and 1/2 inch hands (smallest of backs reported)

DL Gabe Wright

6'2 and 7/8 inches

299 pounds

32 and 3/4 inch arm length

11 inch hands

TE C.J. Uzomah

6'5 and 1/8 inches

263 pounds

34 and 1/8 inch arm length

9 and 3/8 inch hands

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that about NM on twitter. Seems like it would be counterproductive to switch positions to CB but still play at QB in the senior bowl. Unless he just wants to give it one more hail mary before making the switch.

Does it really matter what he says he is going to enter the draft as? I mean lets be honest he might as well just declare his position as Athlete. Anyone who drafts him knows they are getting a versatile athlete and will find the best position for him to play. Should be interesting to see where he ends up and where he ends up playing.

What Nick did was smart. Saying he will switch to DB will open the most doors with NFL teams, but playing QB this week gives those teams a look for what he can do as a QB (just in case).

Its that time of year again. Official measurements happened this morning...

WR Sammie Coates

6'1 and 3/4 inches

213 pounds

33 and 1/2 inch arm-length (longer than most linemen)

9 and 1/2 inch hands

DB/QB Nick Marshall

6'1 and 1/2 inches

205 pounds

C Reese Dismukes

6'2 and 7/8 inches

295 pounds

RB Cameron Artis-Payne

5'9 and 5/8 inches

212 pounds

DL Gabe Wright

6'2 and 7/8 inches

299 pounds

TE C.J. Uzomah

6'5 and 1/8 inches

263 pounds

It would seem that Auburn mostly publishes accurate measurements.

Good job, Nick. Good luck, everybody.

It would seem that Auburn mostly publishes accurate measurements.

Yes; our reported measurements are typically fairly accurate. I have no idea why they never updated Coates' weight; anyone who has seen pictures of him knew that there was no way in hell that he was only 201 pounds.

I saw that about NM on twitter. Seems like it would be counterproductive to switch positions to CB but still play at QB in the senior bowl. Unless he just wants to give it one more hail mary before making the switch.

He hasn't had much time to prepare to play CB (probably pretty rusty), so he may think that he'll have better showing for the scouts to stick at QB for this week..

He hasn't had much time to prepare to play CB (probably pretty rusty), so he may think that he'll have better showing for the scouts to stick at QB for this week..

That makes sense. Probably wouldn't be the best idea for him to do CB drills with minimal CB prep.

And who knows. Maybe Marshall will surprise everyone and show out in the pro-style system they'll be running. Not likely I know. But we've never seen what Nick can do out of those kinds of sets and protection. Arm strength wouldn't seem to be an issue as long as he can be accurate and show good decision making in his reads. Regardless, probably a corner if he should get drafted or signed as a free agent..

If Denard Robinson can play RB in the NFL (he had a pretty good stretch of games this season behind a terrible OL) Nick Marshall can definitely find a spot. He's a better QB than Robinson, and more importantly I think he's an overall better athlete. NM runs so fluidly and his fake-left-go-right juke move is awesome to watch in the open field.

Denard Robinson ran a 4.34 at the Combine and jumped out of the gym, and more importantly at ~5'10.5 and 200 pounds he is built much more like a RB than Marshall is (lower center of gravity). He is a better athlete than Marshall, sorry.

CB/S is a natural move for Marshall because he has good size there and already has some history of playing the position.

It's the right move for Nick. He's going to make a roster as a defensive back, and as I saw discussed by some cats on the SEC Network (don't recall who), he'll serve as a team's 3rd QB. That guy almost never gets reps, and it will save a team a roster spot. Makes sense to me. I know third QBs are essentially fungible. I have a connection to Patrick Ramsey. He would regularly get calls a week before the start of the season to come in as a third QB (with zero reps and zero experience in the offense) just because he was (1) smart; (2) reliable; (3) experienced. Basically, having a strong arm, acting like a professional, and being smart enough to learn a playbook was enough. If that's the threshold, then yeah, drafting Nick as a DB and 3rd QB makes a lot of sense.

Also Gabe Wright's hands are massive. Good gracious.

Denard Robinson ran a 4.34 at the Combine and jumped out of the gym, and more importantly at ~5'10.5 and 200 pounds he is built much more like a RB than Marshall is (lower center of gravity). He is a better athlete than Marshall, sorry.

CB/S is a natural move for Marshall because he has good size there and already has some history of playing the position.

I think NM is too small (not meaning height) to play RB. DB is the best spot for him, for sure.

What is NM's 40 time? I think NM has a pretty good vert based on some basketball clips of him and I would say he can change directions better than Robinson based on watching both run in college.

Interesting that Marshall has almost the exact same frame as Sammie

Dude really could be any position he wants

I think Marshall's best chance to get drafted as a QB was hope that Eagles miss out on Mariota and still want a dual threat QB that can make efficient decisions. That might still be on the board because the Eagles are gonna have to do a lot to reach the top 3. Plus the Eagles need a CB so it might work out

I think Marshall's best chance to get drafted as a QB was hope that Eagles miss out on Mariota and still want a dual threat QB that can make efficient decisions. That might still be on the board because the Eagles are gonna have to do a lot to reach the top 3. Plus the Eagles need a CB so it might work out

The Eagles are a pass heavy offense just like almost everyone else in the NFL. Marshall does not have the aptitude to make those reads at the NFL level. He made "efficient decisions" at Auburn because every pass play was extremely choreographed...that is why the NFL doesn't like evaluating QBs from offensive systems like ours. Marshall made very few reads, seriously...how many times do you actually remember him going through a progression of receivers? We did a lot to hide his obvious weaknesses, and that is why offenses like ours are taking off: you don't need Peyton Manning because you can schematically simplify the QB position/passing attack.

Also; the rumor going around is that the Eagles are high on UCLA QB Brett Hundley.

Really? I stood next to Sammie Coates Sunday. I'm 6' tall. He's got to be taller for sure. He was huge or I was just in awe.

I guess you're not 6 feet tall bro. Sorry to break the news.

Good call by Nick. No need to try and force a square peg in a round hole. Despite some folks wildest dreams, he realizes his shot in the league is not at the QB position.

Really? I stood next to Sammie Coates Sunday. I'm 6' tall. He's got to be taller for sure. He was huge or I was just in awe.

I guess you're not 6 feet tall bro. Sorry to break the news.

I believe it was just surprised to see him. Keep us posted meta. Love your insight. Also I was more in awe of his hot girlfriend. .. ;)

Archived