Auburn Tigers @ the 2015 NFL Senior Bowl

metafour

Good call by Nick. No need to try and force a square peg in a round hole. Despite some folks wildest dreams, he realizes his shot in the league is not at the QB position.

Good for him.

Welcome to the NFL where the coach decides where the player plays....and not the player. If he is smart he will listen to them. We see too many headstrong kids pick their school because some coach agrees to "let them try" to play RB or QB or whatever....they waste a couple years or so, riding the pines before they decide to change positions or move on. Might as well start where the probability of success is the highest.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mel Kiper says for Nick Marshall, it’s not about being a lockdown corner this week, it’s about showing raw skills. Thinks he’s mid-rounder

@JoelAEricksonAU

Mel Kiper on Nick Marshall's move to CB at Senior Bowl: "It's risky but NFL teams will understand he's going to be a little raw."

@bmarcello

Kiper says Marshall could go as high as 3rd-4th round "if he tests real well."

@JamesCrepea

Mel Kiper Jr. sees Cameron Artis-Payne as a late rounder because of lower value of RBs and depth of class.

@JamesCrepea

some of the best backs in history were late rounders. He is the type of back that Mike Shanahan built his career on in Denver.

All I'm saying is that I just think AU has had better players in the past that have been picked lower than the 3rd round. After Wright's production this season, in addition to losing so much weight which obviously hindered his ability to be a full time DT, it surprised me to see him rated so high.

All I'm saying is that I just think AU has had better players in the past that have been picked lower than the 3rd round. After Wright's production this season, in addition to losing so much weight which obviously hindered his ability to be a full time DT, it surprised me to see him rated so high.

Apologies, my post above sure sounds like it was directed at you, but it wasn't. At least not really.

I've generally just passive-aggressively been raging for awhile against all the talk that goes on around here about our players being stupid for getting NFL evaluations, being undraftable, etc.

Coates gains separation on a deep-route, dives, but fails to come down with the ball:

https://twitter.com/...664497767546880

Oh now he lays out for a ball. :blink:

See what I mean? Jesus Christ.

Apologies, my post above sure sounds like it was directed at you, but it wasn't. At least not really.

I've generally just passive-aggressively been raging for awhile against all the talk that goes on around here about our players being stupid for getting NFL evaluations, being undraftable, etc.

Coates gains separation on a deep-route, dives, but fails to come down with the ball:

https://twitter.com/...664497767546880

Oh now he lays out for a ball. :blink:

See what I mean? Jesus Christ.

Please...Get off your high horse.

Mel Kiper Jr. on Sammie Coates "I had him in the late first round going to New England."

@JamesCrepea

Awesome. Would love to see Brady throwing to him downfield.

Agreed. I married into Patriot fanhood and, man, that would make things fun next year.

Eric Galko @OptimumScouting · 32m 32 minutes ago

Winners from day two South #SeniorBowl practices: Philip Dorsett, Sammie Coates, Clive Walford, Shaq Mason, Trey Flowers and Markus Golden

Ian Wharton @NFLFilmStudy · 1h 1 hour ago

Been a strong afternoon practice for Sammie Coates. Really playing with improved physicality underneath. Just gotta catch it consistently

Robbie Rosenhaus@robbierosenhaus 1h1 hour ago

Sammie Coates continues to impress here. Big man who can fly. The drops haven't been an issue through a practice and a half. #SeniorBowl

NFL Draft Geek @NFLDraftGeek · 1h 1 hour ago

Sammie Coates is a man among boys out here. Bigger, stronger faster

Dan Hope@Dan_Hope 1h1 hour ago

Cleanest receivers in the one-on-ones were #Auburn's Sammie Coates and #KansasState's Tyler Lockett. Make routes and catches look easy.

Archived