State of the Union

autigeremt

hollow......

Nice words, lacks fundamental vision.....very self centered. Typical narcissist. He tries....to be something else. But still....a pathological narcissist.

Amazing. Turn the page......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hollow......

Nice words, lacks fundamental vision.....very self centered. Typical narcissist. He tries....to be something else. But still....a pathological narcissist.

Had that ready to post all day, I imagine.

hollow......

Actually I could have copied and pasted from last year. Only a hard liner would see it differently. Amazing we have digressed so far. Bush....now this. Sad.

The SOTU is pure political theater. Time for them to go back to just sending the report to congress to be read there.

hollow......

Narcissist? Really? Gee, I wonder where that buzz word came from?

I think that is a rather "hollow" summary of the speech. I think you have to ask yourself a couple of questions.

Has the American economy recovered faster than other industrialized nations?

Are we, as a whole, better off than we were when Obama took office?

hollow......

I think that is a rather "hollow" summary of the speech. I think you have to ask yourself a couple of questions.

Congrats on getting to THE question! MHO...THE answer is no. (I am certain all will be shocked). The US economic situation could be FAR better with tax cuts to business and tax law changes.

hollow......

Congrats on getting to THE question! MHO...THE answer is no. (I am certain all will be shocked). The US economic situation could be FAR better with tax cuts to business and tax law changes.

Of course it "could be better". Things can always be better. However, that doesn't really answer the questions. Now, try not answering this one!

Would you be willing to lower taxes for corporations and the middle class while, raising the capital gains tax?

hollow......

Can you be more specific? Perhaps pointing out something in the speech that reflects your views?

hollow......

For clarification, do you contend we are worse off than we were when Obama took office?

There you have it! The "smarminess" (being polite) of "try not answering this one".........No "try" involved....Ask and Ye shall receive.

hollow......

I think you have to ask yourself.....has he delivered the way he promised and are we REALLY that much better off? Not really....unless you are related to his policies in some fashion. But hey, you can suck it up all you want. I'm not buying it. I see way too many alter universes out there that say things are not that much better.

hollow......

Can you be more specific? Perhaps pointing out something in the speech that reflects your views?

I, I, I, I, (won) and at the end God Bless the nation we love. Woo Hoo! In between a bunch of outlandish wishes for liberals to drink up like fine wine while millions hope for something more than another stage show (God knows there's plenty of that going on in DC).

He's the perfect leader for this generation. Epic.

hollow......

Of course it "could be better". Things can always be better. However, that doesn't really answer the questions. Now, try not answering this one!

Would you be willing to lower taxes for corporations and the middle class while, raising the capital gains tax?

I'd be willing to simplify the tax code and make it "flatter" and fairer. I'd be willing to see an increase of 1% at the top rate if it went directly to something meaningful. Free college sounds great but the greatest thing about Community Colleges and Tech Schools are their flexibility. More government subsidies will erode that flexibility. I could see an increase in loans and a decrease in the APR for the loans but free isn't free and we all know it.

hollow......

I wish I could favorite a post .

There you have it! The "smarminess" (being polite) of "try not answering this one".........No "try" involved....Ask and Ye shall receive.

Do you contend that we

hollow......

I, I, I, I, (won) and at the end God Bless the nation we love. Woo Hoo! In between a bunch of outlandish wishes for liberals to drink up like fine wine while millions hope for something more than another stage show (God knows there's plenty of that going on in DC).

If you are talking about his response to the applause he got when saying he won't run again, I thought that was a pretty good comeback. Arguably too informal, but what so what? The applause was inappropriate to.

I didn't follow the rest. I think you just don't like him, which is fair, but that speech doesn't reflect any justification for your biased impression IMO.

hollow......

I'd be willing to simplify the tax code and make it "flatter" and fairer. I'd be willing to see an increase of 1% at the top rate if it went directly to something meaningful. Free college sounds great but the greatest thing about Community Colleges and Tech Schools are their flexibility. More government subsidies will erode that flexibility. I could see an increase in loans and a decrease in the APR for the loans but free isn't free and we all know it.

(Not trying to be snarky, just curious) But what is on your list of "meaningful" things that an increase in the top rate could go for?

On an aside, while I don't like our complicated tax code, proposals to make it flatter make me nervous because the loopholes, credits and reductions tend to lean on things that most middleclass Americans take advantage of to lower their tax burden. In general, I understand that the goal would be to make it simpler AND allow one to pay less in taxes, but I don't think the math works out that way for most Americans-- at least not the proposals put forth so far. Again, doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to it, but I am just skeptical of it actually happening in Washington where it doesn't screw the little guy.

hollow......

(Not trying to be snarky, just curious) But what is on your list of "meaningful" things that an increase in the top rate could go for?

On an aside, while I don't like our complicated tax code, proposals to make it flatter make me nervous because the loopholes, credits and reductions tend to lean on things that most middleclass Americans take advantage of to lower their tax burden. In general, I understand that the goal would be to make it simpler AND allow one to pay less in taxes, but I don't think the math works out that way for most Americans-- at least not the proposals put forth so far. Again, doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to it, but I am just skeptical of it actually happening in Washington where it doesn't screw the little guy.

With a shrinking middle class and lower wages what would a simpler tax code do for Americans? Make it fairer and simpler. I have no hopes of ever seeing it but I'd love to see the day with all of America is playing on a more level playing field and not rewarded by loopholes or degraded by loopholes.

As for meaningful items....infrastructure, haz waste cleanups, scholarships for technical based degrees......to name a few.

Do you contend that we

hollow......

If you are talking about his response to the applause he got when saying he won't run again, I thought that was a pretty good comeback. Arguably too informal, but what so what? The applause was inappropriate to.

I didn't follow the rest. I think you just don't like him, which is fair, but that speech doesn't reflect any justification for your biased impression IMO.

Of course this would be your response. His speech was filled with I have done this, I have done that....and the little shot of I won after his remark was coy and cute but why not rise above high school and be a professional? Use it constructively instead of "I won".....but hey, he's a joke much like those before him. Wishy washy unless it's about "Remaking America"...which he loves to say.

And no....I don't like him. Snake in the grass comes to mind. Another is word would be "typical".

hollow......

I think you have to ask yourself.....has he delivered the way he promised and are we REALLY that much better off? Not really....unless you are related to his policies in some fashion. But hey, you can suck it up all you want. I'm not buying it. I see way too many alter universes out there that say things are not that much better.

Any objective examination of the the economic data would indicate we are better off than we were in 2008.

Now, you can argue that Obama had nothing to do with that, and/or we'd be even better off with someone else as POTUS, but I don't see how any reasonable person could argue that we aren't better off (for whatever reason).

To do so is simply evading serious discussion on the matter.

Personally - since you bring it up - I have about $500,000 more in assets (thanks to the stock market recovery) and I now have healthcare insurance which I didn't have in 2008. But this is not about me. I am sure there are folks who are worse off than they were in 2008. Heck, some of them are dead now. ;)

I am talking about the country as a whole.

Do you contend that we

hollow......

Of course this would be your response. His speech was filled with I have done this, I have done that....and the little shot of I won after his remark was coy and cute but why not rise above high school and be a professional? Use it constructively instead of "I won".....but hey, he's a joke much like those before him. Wishy washy unless it's about "Remaking America"...which he loves to say.

And no....I don't like him. Snake in the grass comes to mind. Another is word would be "typical".

Can you provide an example of when he said "I have done..."?

Or is that just your interpretation of what he said?

Do you contend that we

hollow......

Why bother? But....since you asked....go watch (once you get past all the pie in the sky programs he wants to spend money on and the lies about how much the world is better than before) from 46:50 on to the end, when he gets "real" with everyone, he goes into his same ole self centered tirade in hopes of stirring up his beloved political hacks. And of course it works. He loves to blend "I know" and "I have seen this"....when we need "We need to see this and we need know this". Just as he stated....he has flaws, which are many. We all know that from the proof he has left behind.

Once again I do not like the man or trust the man. I do hope he finds a way to change my mind, but he's had 8 years (I actually followed him through the primaries and looked at him as a possible choice) to prove his ability. As a Senator he was a con artist...rarely ever there to place a vote or not willing to vote on his own accord. He's proven that this country will elect anyone who taps into their emotional bank. For the record George W. Bush disappointed me more than Obama has....because I expected a much better outcome. We have fallen so far and I hope and pray it recovers in a major way or this country will be in no position to lead the free world.

Do you contend that we

hollow......

Why bother? But....since you asked....go watch (once you get past all the pie in the sky programs he wants to spend money on and the lies about how much the world is better than before) from 46:50 on to the end, when he gets "real" with everyone, he goes into his same ole self centered tirade in hopes of stirring up his beloved political hacks. And of course it works. He loves to blend "I know" and "I have seen this"....when we need "We need to see this and we need know this". Just as he stated....he has flaws, which are many. We all know that from the proof he has left behind.

Once again I do not like the man or trust the man. I do hope he finds a way to change my mind, but he's had 8 years (I actually followed him through the primaries and looked at him as a possible choice) to prove his ability. As a Senator he was a con artist...rarely ever there to place a vote or not willing to vote on his own accord. He's proven that this country will elect anyone who taps into their emotional bank. For the record George W. Bush disappointed me more than Obama has....because I expected a much better outcome. We have fallen so far and I hope and pray it recovers in a major way or this country will be in no position to lead the free world.

Yeah, he has a lot of nerve talking about his positions in a state of the union address. You'd think he was POTUS or somethin'.

Just shows his narcissism. :rolleyes:

Archived