What has the GOP done for you?

aubfaninga

I found this article amusing and put this in the file of comedy but it does raise the question,

WHAT HAS THE GOP DONE FOR ME???

If you find the time read some of the comments. (the birthers vs canadien Ted Cruz had me on the floor) Look for a comment by "ArmyWife" to see FOX mind training at its best.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/what-have-republicans-really-done-for-conservative-voters/

Where are you seeing the comments?

I just scrolled to the bottom of the page or you can click on the 248 comments by the date of the write up. Might not show up if viewing from a phone.

For me personally, i was in the USN under Carter. We were treated like dog crap. We had E5s that were just getting off of Food Stamps. NO CRAP. In the married berthing we had babies sleeping in dresser drawers. NO CRAP. Reagan came in and one of the first things he did was give us enlisteds a pay raise that got us off of food stamps. He had basically had to drag every democrat in congress with him kicking and screaming. I do not like Carter. I would be lying if i told you that i dont still dream about pissing on that bastiches grave one day. He held us back and left us stigmatized and without any honor or pride. Carter turned a whole generation against the Left side of the aisle. I will always be thankful for a Reagan that managed to get that one pay raise passed. You cant imagine what it was like the day enlisteds could quit using food stamps.

Comic relief. :dunno:/>

Thanks to a FOX segment yesterday about "community college" and "mediocrity" everything has been pure comedy sense.

I really wish I could find the entire piece but I promise, IT WAS SPECIAL!!!

While stationed in Great Lakes, we were so out of money that my company, 284 grown men, had 2 showers and only 1 working toilet at one time. We did not have heat on in the barracks until after 10-1. The wind off of Lake Michigan was horrible. Didnt matter to Carter. He was still opposed to increasing any military spending. I guess making a good point at the DC cocktail parties was more important than treating blue collared folks decently. By early spring the heat came on and stayed. The showers and toilets started to work. And the pay raise came thru. I was standing outside of Senior Chief Qualls office on the second floor of the south building of the NNPS/NTC Orlando when we heard about it. Thats how well i remember it.

While stationed in Great Lakes, we were so out of money that my company, 284 grown men, had 2 showers and only 1 working toilet at one time. We did not have heat on in the barracks until after 10-1. The wind off of Lake Michigan was horrible. Didnt matter to Carter. He was still opposed to increasing any military spending. I guess making a good point at the DC cocktail parties was more important than treating blue collared folks decently. By early spring the heat came on and stayed. The showers and toilets started to work. And the pay raise came thru. I was standing outside of Senior Chief Qualls office on the second floor of the south building of the NNPS/NTC Orlando when we heard about it. Thats how well i remember it.

Ok you have to post a picture of you with a beard! That's the only thing I'd bring back from the 70s Navy.

For me personally, i was in the USN under Carter. We were treated like dog crap. We had E5s that were just getting off of Food Stamps. NO CRAP. In the married berthing we had babies sleeping in dresser drawers. NO CRAP. Reagan came in and one of the first things he did was give us enlisteds a pay raise that got us off of food stamps. He had basically had to drag every democrat in congress with him kicking and screaming. I do not like Carter. I would be lying if i told you that i dont still dream about pissing on that bastiches grave one day. He held us back and left us stigmatized and without any honor or pride. Carter turned a whole generation against the Left side of the aisle. I will always be thankful for a Reagan that managed to get that one pay raise passed. You cant imagine what it was like the day enlisteds could quit using food stamps.

In the spirit of numbers only and not a defense of Carter or a party because I still believe the Military is underpaid. I am grateful of the pay raise regardless the circumstances.

The Bill you are speaking of passed 396 to 1 in the House. The House was at that time 244 to 191 Democrat so to say "He(Reagan) had basically had to drag every democrat in congress with him kicking and screaming" sounds like a bit of a stretch.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=6717

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=32811

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/militarypay/a/historicalpay.htm

Thanks to a FOX segment yesterday about "community college" and "mediocrity" everything has been pure comedy sense.

I think in this case they are referring to the 2.5 GPA requirement to receive the free tuition to be honest.

What has the GOP done for me? (Lately??).....Lost the last two Presidential elections......2016 is the correction election...... :jossun:

After doing more research, Jimmy Carter is the person who pushed the 11.7 percent pay increase of 1981 during his last year.

So what I see is before Carter % raise was 5.0 and 4.8.

Carter - 7.1, 5.5, 7.0, 11.7

following years - 14.3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2

The facts are starting to show that Carter was actually very much in favor of military pay increases and I can't find facts to the contrary.

I think in this case they are referring to the 2.5 GPA requirement to receive the free tuition to be honest.

FOX news made the comment (not exact quote) "why not just teach them to be smarter". Ummmm.... giving 2.5 GPA students an incentive to get further education sounds like Obama is still two steps ahead of FOX.

I know exactly what they wanted to say but failed to. It still proves they missed the point. These 2.5 GPA high school graduates could either enter the work force with zero secondary schooling or we could help give them more education.

"you are only as strong as your weakest link"

After doing more research, Jimmy Carter is the person who pushed the 11.7 percent pay increase of 1981 during his last year.

Carter - 7.1, 5.5, 7.0, 11.7 AND we were still on Food Stamps....So your point is?

The facts are starting to show that Carter was actually very much in favor of military pay increases and I can't find facts to the contrary.

Complete crap. Carter couldnt have cared less about us in the enlisted ranks. I was there. I saw with my own eyes. Carter was in the Nuclear Navy, we thought we would get a friend in office. We got stabbed in the back.

Carter - 7.1, 5.5, 7.0, 11.7 AND we were still on Food Stamps....So your point is?

Complete crap. Carter couldnt have cared less about us in the enlisted ranks. I was there. I saw with my own eyes. Carter was in the Nuclear Navy, we thought we would get a friend in office. We got stabbed in the back.

I tend to agree with you but I also think the 70s were a bad time to be in the military because with the post Vietnam period, defense spending took a huge cut due to lack of mission and political will. It took the Cold War to get it back on track.

The Cold War and Ronald Regan.......... :jossun:

Obama has more deficit spending than all previous Presidents in history and has reduced the capability of the military according to quite a few top DOD/military officials/officers I've heard speak out.

The Cold War and Ronald Regan.......... :jossun:

Yep through deficit spending, he greatly grew the Military.

And he WON! Sound familiar? :)

It's been awhile since the GOP was in a position to do anything for me but I served through GHW Bush, Bill Clinton, and again through Obama and I'd have to say morale was much better under Bush 41. Clinton was ok until Somalia.

I can tell you from first hand talk with WH military security they liked Bill OK but hated Hillary.

Easy to understand...

Archived