GOP Hypocrisy

icanthearyou

Myself being a farmer(cattle farmer that does not receive gov. benefits)I don't see the need for farmers to continue getting these subsidies in todays markets.There are insurance programs for loses that occur.Also being a conservative how anyone could look at the trillons of dollars of debt the gov. has built up and not be worried about it is beyond me.I think the less gov. we have the better off we all would be.It's time to cut spending at every level and everywhere.I do not support welfare on any level,but cooperate welfare is the worst to me.

I have witnessed absolute poverty, poverty that would make you sick to your stomach. I would never, ever wish that kind of poverty on my countrymen. I fully support welfare, properly administered.

Sadly so many of the truly needy will not accept a "hand out". Then there are those who need to get a job and go to work yet cut in line to get any and all the "freebies" they can possibly get.

Myself being a farmer(cattle farmer that does not receive gov. benefits)I don't see the need for farmers to continue getting these subsidies in todays markets.There are insurance programs for loses that occur.Also being a conservative how anyone could look at the trillons of dollars of debt the gov. has built up and not be worried about it is beyond me.I think the less gov. we have the better off we all would be.It's time to cut spending at every level and everywhere.I do not support welfare on any level,but cooperate welfare is the worst to me.

Aren't those insurance programs backed by the government and therefore, another form of a subsidy?

Wouldn't that mean that, ultimately zero government is optimal?

Some may be government backed,you can also get insurance from from private insurance companys.

I have witnessed absolute poverty, poverty that would make you sick to your stomach. I would never, ever wish that kind of poverty on my countrymen. I fully support welfare, properly administered.

I agree with not letting people starve,but welfare should be a safety net not way of life.As I said cooperate welfare is the worst to me.

Welfare has become a way of life for far too many. Instead of "teaching them to fish" the govt GIVES them a fish....(The govt also gives them the pan to fry it in...an apartment....a car to bring the fish back from market...even pays for the gas or electricity to power the stove the govt furnished.) BUYING votes is an established way of life too...........

The only difference between the Dems & Repubs is how they get in your wallet and daily life. Both parties want the same thing, just different methods of going about it.

Welfare has become a way of life for far too many. Instead of "teaching them to fish" the govt GIVES them a fish....(The govt also gives them the pan to fry it in...an apartment....a car to bring the fish back from market...even pays for the gas or electricity to power the stove the govt furnished.) BUYING votes is an established way of life too...........

Go any data supporting that?

The data says, we spend $132 billion annually on welfare (does not include food stamps, another $70 billion). That is a big number. However, when you consider the size of our budget, you have to realize that it is hardly the number that is breaking the bank. The only part of the WT analysis :-\ I agree with is that, there are too many chronically dependent. 67% stay on longer than one year. Nearly 20% longer than five years.

"go any" ? :-)

Archived