We may not live what we profess but we will undoubtedly live what we believe.

MDM4AU

1700 Private jets will fly into Davo, Switzerland for a conference to discuss Global Warming. (Al Gore is one of the passengers.) Each jet will produce about as much carbon on this one trip as the average car will produce in a full year. :blink:/>

Skype produces much less. Just sayin'.

At very least 1700 people and you recommend Skype?

Do you purposely refuse to see my point?

I think we see your point but if there is a conference in Switzerland, and for sure, in person conferences are much more effective, just how are you supposed to get there? You have to fly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny AlGore made all these cosmetic changes AFTER it was pointed out what a hypocrite he was for using so much energy, while scolding the rest of us ( who don't have multiple mansions, SUVs, private jets , etc...) to drive electric cars and replace our light bulbs with far more costly ones , filled w/ mercury.

So we scream about climate change being a monumentally huge problem, and that humans are responsible, but when 1700 people want to get on planes that are supposedly causing this, it's not that big of a deal?

Which is it? Is it a problem or isn't it?

Or does it just depend on which party the offender belongs to?

If you are a "denier", you better not pollute our atmosphere with carbon, but if you believe in gw, well...it's ok for you to pollute the atmosphere to go to a meeting....

Right....

1700 Private jets will fly into Davo, Switzerland for a conference to discuss Global Warming. (Al Gore is one of the passengers.) Each jet will produce about as much carbon on this one trip as the average car will produce in a full year. :blink:/>

I purposely don't care about Gore, conferences, discussions about Global Warming, or peoples travel plans so by default I accidentally did not notice the point you were wanting to make.

The thought 1700 suits on Skype at one time was an amusing thought so I used a little sarcasm on a political message board in an Auburn site.

I find this kind of point making on the level with someone who cries about the deficit all while looking for the best possible tax breaks during tax season.

See my point???

Funny AlGore made all these cosmetic changes AFTER it was pointed out what a hypocrite he was for using so much energy, while scolding the rest of us ( who don't have multiple mansions, SUVs, private jets , etc...) to drive electric cars and replace our light bulbs with far more costly ones , filled w/ mercury.

Screw that. I have a huge back stock of incandescent bulbs. I'll use CFL/LED in lamps, which are on simple outlets with relays, but I have automated TRIAC dimmers in my house, and most CFL/LED will simply not work with them at all. Dimmable CFL/LED is too prohibitively expensive at this point in time. Hopefully they'll be cheaper by the time I run out of incandescents.

Flame away at me for not being environmentally sound.

Screw that. I have a huge back stock of incandescent bulbs. I'll use CFL/LED in lamps, which are on simple outlets with relays, but I have automated TRIAC dimmers in my house, and most CFL/LED will simply not work with them at all. Dimmable CFL/LED is too prohibitively expensive at this point in time. Hopefully they'll be cheaper by the time I run out of incandescents.

My cell phone charger is in the outlet without being used as we speak. I gassed my engine this morning at a yellow light. I ate two DOUBLE Cheeseburgers yesterday and plan on grilling steak this weekend.

Wow. Make a notation. We agree

My cell phone charger is in the outlet without being used as we speak. I gassed my engine this morning at a yellow light. I ate two DOUBLE Cheeseburgers yesterday and plan on grilling steak this weekend.

Sounds like a typical day...

Wow. Make a notation. We agree

You'll start fires pairing CFL with dimmers. I would prefer to move to dimmable CFL/LED in the near future, but the cost kills it for me, and I'm not replacing every light switch in my home again.

I purposely don't care about Gore, conferences, discussions about Global Warming, or peoples travel plans so by default I accidentally did not notice the point you were wanting to make.

The thought 1700 suits on Skype at one time was an amusing thought so I used a little sarcasm on a political message board in an Auburn site.

I find this kind of point making on the level with someone who cries about the deficit all while looking for the best possible tax breaks during tax season.

See my point???

Fair enough.

Well, since we're talking hypocrisy, I thought you guys believed AGW was a hoax?

It is, but who could pass up an opportunity to bash Gore? ;D/>

It's just so predictable. If it's race it's Sharpton. If it's AGW it's Gore.

And yet you think you have something to say and say......nothing...

I just find the panic to be entertaining. Like I said, if you guys can understand this analogy, it's like refusing to feed 100 hungry people now, while storing the same food for a hypothetical catastrophe for 100 people 200 years from now.

I just find the panic to be entertaining. Like I said, if you guys can understand this analogy, it's like refusing to feed 100 hungry people now, while storing the same food for a hypothetical catastrophe for 100 people 200 years from now.

What "panic"???

The panic won't start until about 15 years or so.

And it will probably be the current deniers leading the pack.

What "panic"???

Highly doubt it. And since we are "deniers", what can we call you guys? I think "Jonestowners" sounds about right! ;D

I want to pause here and talk about this notion of consensus, and the rise of what has been called consensus science. I regard consensus science as an extremely pernicious development that ought to be stopped cold in its tracks. Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had.

Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is reproducible results. The greatest scientists in history are great precisely because they broke with the consensus.

There is no such thing as consensus science. If it's consensus, it isn't science. If it's science, it isn't consensus. Period.

Michael Crichton

"jonestowners". :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:...Weegle that is perfect !!! :bow:

What "panic"???

Highly doubt it. And since we are "deniers", what can we call you guys? I think "Jonestowners" sounds about right! ;D

You can call us "folks with critical thinking skills." ;)

t

What "panic"???

Highly doubt it. And since we are "deniers", what can we call you guys? I think "Jonestowners" sounds about right! ;D/>

How about rational?

As far as Johnstown, religion lies within YOUR worldview, not mine.

Nahhh "Jonestowners" is a perfect fit. And thus it shall be going forward.

Nahhh "Jonestowners" is a perfect fit. And thus it shall be going forward.

Well, it doesn't make a lick of sense, but I guess y'all can call me whatever you want. :dunno:

Archived