2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

Very Blessed and Thankful to say Auburn Offered me! #WDE

https://twitter.com/...659749118754816 via @EH_taught_me

3186328.jpg

Elijah Holyfield, RB

Atlanta, GA (Woodward Academy)

5'11 / 190 / 4.63

- Son of boxing great Evander Holyfield

- Visited AU 10/25/14 (South Carolina game)

- Picked up AU offer 1/23/15

- Jr. Stats: 1,735 yards (6.6 YPC); 289 receiving yards; 351 yards in returns

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 22 RB, 245 Overall)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 177)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 108)

Scout: 3*

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, California, Duke, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Syracuse, Tennessee, Virginia, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good read ...

Elijah Holyfield doesn't shy away from contact, has great balance and is hard to bring down.

The high school running back inherited those traits from his father, five-time boxing champion Evander Holyfield. Now, colleges from Ohio State to Georgia are taking notice, especially after the young Holyfield opened this season with a seven-touchdown game.

Only a junior at Woodward Academy, Elijah (5-foot-11, 200 pounds) is emerging as a major national recruit at the Atlanta private school. He already has at least 25 offers. He is rated by Rivals.com as the No. 6 running back in the 2016 class and is No. 32 in Scout.com's ranking.

Evander beamed when talking about his son's success.

''I'm excited about it,'' Evander said. ''I realize, with generations, it's one thing what you did, but how do you inspire your kids to take it to another level? Boxing was my thing but I love football. As my son will tell you, I love football more than boxing. At that time as a kid, I was small, and nobody would give me an opportunity. They gave him an opportunity and he has shown he can do this.''

Elijah said he is motivated to earn respect for more than his last name.

''It's one of those things where I feel I have to prove myself even more because people say it's just because of my name that I'm going to get the attention,'' Elijah said. ''I just think my name is just like a place that people can see me, and once they see me they see what I can really do.''

The young Holyfield is proving through his play that, just like his dad, he's the real deal.

Woodward Academy coach John Hunt said Elijah stands out due to ''just the strength of how he runs.''

''Sometimes he almost searches out contact,'' Hunt said. ''He's got really good speed and for someone only 200 pounds, he plays very big, a very physical runner. I think he enjoys that. Maybe that was something he got from his father, I don't know. But he certainly doesn't shy away from contact.''

Chad Simmons, national recruiting analyst for Scout.com and Fox Sports, also has been impressed by Holyfield's tough runs.

''He runs with good balance and he is a back that can get those yards after contact coaches covet on the next level,'' Simmons said. ''He runs with a good center of gravity, he bounces off would-be tacklers, and he is someone who shows good durability.''

Rivals national recruiting director Mike Farrell said Holyfield ''has good size, exceptional vision and runs hard first to last quarter. His upside is impressive and work ethic is off the charts.''

Evander attends most of his son's games, sometimes standing on the sideline to avoid attracting attention in the stands.

''I am happy for him and I realize that it brings pressure,'' Evander said. ''The higher you get, you've got more people looking at you. You have to make the adjustment that's necessary. I tell him, you're 16 years old, don't panic. We all make mistakes but you can't let that bring you down.''

''Actually when I was younger he (Evander) and I used to run together sometimes,'' Elijah said. ''He used to always beat me. Now he won't dare try to run with me. It was real cool to see how hard he worked, even when he was on top.

''I think it helps me now to know if he never stopped working, then I know I can't stop working.''

http://www.foxsports...eal-deal-100314

Holyfield is a real player. He has been getting very good press in Atl. He has moved and strength. Runs with authority.

AUC has some info on him and said his bro was a walkon.

He mentioned remembering Ronnie and Cadillac playing then. Also mentioned being a fan of tre.

Couldn't help but notice he is ranked about 20 on AUC which is about what tre was ranked ... Yea, I think that would be awright.

Didn't his older brother walk on at AU during Tubs' tenure?

I was just thinking about that. I remember him being interested in Auburn. Wasn't sure if he ever actually came or not.

Yes, his brother definitely suited up for AU.

I was just thinking about that. I remember him being interested in Auburn. Wasn't sure if he ever actually came or not.

I think he was a walkon WR.

I think he was a walkon WR.

Yep

I think evander has a dozen or so kids.

I thought that was George Forman.

No, that is the number of George Forman grill models.

I guess George Forman just has all the sons named George.

• 3 weeks later...

I think so.

Maybe Holyfield can come to Auburn and deliver a knockout blow to some defenses!

^^^ I see what you did there :bow:;D

Kid had to have an interesting childhood. Evander had 11 kids from 6 different women. I hope

He commits early.

Archived