2015 5* WR Preston Williams (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

Currently committed to Tennessee but making the rounds ...

#Auburn Visit went well #WarEagle

BiKFP5fCYAAjXoi.jpg

@ThResort

PRESTON-WILLIAMS-140214-1PRO.JPG

Preston Williams, WR

Hampton, GA (Lovejoy)

6'4 / 190

- Recruiter: Dameyune Craig (P)

- Unofficial Visit to AU 3/07/13

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Marshall, Miami (Fl.), Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Old Dominion, Richmond, South Carolina, St. John's, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 26)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 147)

Scout: 5*

Williams is the total package at wide receiver. He has plus size and run away from a defense type of speed. He has good strength and balance, enabling him to break a tackle. Because of his size, he's always open, because he can outleap and box out smaller defensive backs. He has terrific hands and elevates well in traffic to rip the ball out of the air. There's not much he can't do - Scott Kennedy

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6472420

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deceptively fast for his size. I was not expecting him to pull away from defenders like he did. Love the way he goes and gets the ball and catches with out stretched hands.

yes. They put a few players in D1 almost every year. Not too far down the road from me. However, they fired their long time coach after this past season. AD put himself in as coach.

he has an unfair size advantage against HS DBs. His speed really shows on the punt and kick returns.

Williams is a great receiver. Sort of AJ Green like. It would be great to have him.

Williams placed Auburn in his Top 4 today.

He's already a UT commit but he's announcing a top 4? lol

ya know, the same thought occurred to me. i guess it just shows what commitment means nowadays. Like for example, to some, a long term commitment to a woman is agreeing to pay for the 2nd hour. That's a joke, of course, but "commitment" doesn't seem to mean much to kids these days.

Yeah, apparent the word "commitment" has a new meaning now. Same story, different recruiting cycle.

Yeah, apparent the word "commitment" has a new meaning now. Same story, different recruiting cycle.

Yeah I think some of these kids commit too soon and then want to have a little suspense come NSD--even if they are just sticking with their committment.

We knock the kids for commitment issues but look at the examples that they get from some of the coaches trying to recruit them. Coaches signing contracts then jumping to another team (Wee man alert in Miami and Baton Rouge), coaches who know the kid won't get early playing time but promising it anyway. Coaches knowing they are going to leave a team but taking commitment leaving player in the lurch.

I know a lot of people say you are signing with the team not the coach but let's be honest if Momma likes the coach and feels her very large baby boy will be safe with the coach it goes a long way in getting the commitment. Since the NCAA doesn't protect the kids from dishonest coaches doesn't let them transfer if things don't work out without punishing the player then it is a little easier to understand why there are commitment issues.

Personally I believe when you make a commitment you stick to it. But that doesn't mean I don't understand why kids change their minds.

• 6 months later...

Bump

5* WR Preston Williams is still committed to Tennessee, but is planning on taking visits to Bama and maybe Auburn.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/09/15/top-tennessee-recruit-will-take-official-visit-to-alabama-maybe-auburn/?__federated=1

Why was he moved to the Rivals forum

You saw my 2 chances post? Well they are slim and none with slim walking out the door.

Well, if Auburn is still recruiting him there is a chance. Quite frankly, there are only two chances with Trent T so he should be moved as well.

You saw my 2 chances post? Well they are slim and none with slim walking out the door.

Well, if Auburn is still recruiting him there is a chance. Quite frankly, there is only two chances with Trent T so he should be moved as well.

The chances with Trent are long indeed but still much greater than here and we have info from WDE WDE saying it's still closer than people think with Trent so that thread stays over there for now. The chances with Williams are about .01% So small that he's not even talked about as a Top target anymore. Trent is still discussed as a top target. The only way this thread gets moved back is if WDEWDE has info on him or Preston visits AU. I don't see the latter happening FWIW.

Well, if Auburn is still recruiting him there is a chance. Quite frankly, there is only two chances with Trent T so he should be moved as well.

The chances with Trent are long indeed but still much greater than here and we have info from WDE WDE saying it's still closer than people think with Trent so that thread stays over there for now. The chances with Williams are about .01% So small that he's not even talked about as a Top target anymore. Trent is still discussed as a top target. The only way this thread gets moved back is if WDEWDE has info on him or Preston visits AU. I don't see the latter happening FWIW.

That reminds me E, whatever happened to austudnt? Did he leave the site?

He's had a crazy and rough personal life is all I'll say. I have no clue when or if we'll hear from him again.

He's had a crazy and rough personal life is all I'll say. I have no clue when or if we'll hear from him again.

Definitely miss seeing that guy on this site, always had great inside info. Seemed like a standup dude too.

• 1 month later...

Preston Williams (Lovejoy) is on GPTV in Atlanta right now. He's been gimpy all night with cramps and an ankle, but that hasn't kept him from having a huge game. He finally hurt his knee (still able to walk on it) and took off his pads. Barring personal problems or injury he'll be a star in the SEC. If there's any hope at all for Auburn we should continue to pursue this kid.

Archived