2015 5* WR Preston Williams (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

If Denson decides to move on we'll definitely need a 2nd WR signee for depth. One receiver I thought might test the waters was Ray due to his age. Melvin may get some of the CJ snaps next year. I believe the heir apparent was Jakell. Spring will be interesting to see what changes CGM will make to the offense.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Denson decides to move on we'll definitely need a 2nd WR signee for depth. One receiver I thought might test the waters was Ray due to his age. Melvin may get some of the CJ snaps next year. I believe the heir apparent was Jakell. Spring will be interesting to see what changes CGM will make to the offense.

Yeah, hate it for denson but helps us with recruiting.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/IN-REAL-TIME-Chronicling-Auburns-recruiting-weekend-35000050

SUNDAY RECRUITING NEWS & NOTES

5:33 a.m.: A source tells us the official visit of Preston Williams, the 5-star Vols WR, was cut short and he went home Saturday night. Odds of a flip: Very low. At this time, we're just being told it's probably not a good fit. Will post more if any further information comes.

http://auburn.247spo...eekend-35000050

5:33 a.m.: A source tells us the official visit of Preston Williams, the 5-star Vols WR, was cut short and he went home Saturday night. Odds of a flip: Very low. At this time, we're just being told it's probably not a good fit. Will post more if any further information comes.

Unfortunate that his visit was cut short. Any clues on why? I never held much hope for the flip but it bothers me that a recruit would cut an OV short.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/IN-REAL-TIME-Chronicling-Auburns-recruiting-weekend-35000050

Well this stinks

Unfortunate that his visit was cut short. Any clues on why? I never held much hope for the flip but it bothers me that a recruit would cut an OV short.

Not sure, doesn't even sound like the UT insiders know at this point.

Well this stinks

Maybe not. If he's not a good fit now is the time to learn that. There's a good possibility he only came over here to collect his OV money and talk Auburn down and Tennessee up. C'ya!

Well it is might explain slayton coming over if the staff didn't feel good about Williams. I can see us signing a name out of nowhere atthis point.

remember we don't do rumors here. unless you can link a credible source for it, don't post it here. We are not going to blindly assume something about a player.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/elite_wr_preston_williams_addr.html

"It was all right," Williams said. "I just didn't want to be there anymore. I was ready to go home. I was forced into the visit. (Auburn coaches) came that Thursday and told me to come at the last minute. I didn't plan on going."

The 6-foot-4, 191-pounder from Hampton, Ga., committed to the Volunteers in September and is one of several wide receivers Auburn has targeted in recent months. He admitted he was wearing Tennessee gear during the trip and was recruiting other prospects to play for the Vols.

"A lot of schools, they don't like it," Williams said. "They told me to take it off, this and that. They were getting mad. When they were getting mad, I was like, 'Do I believe them or not? Are they playing with me or what?' So I was just laughing."

Citing "a source in Auburn's program with direct knowledge of the situation," WNML also asked Williams to address a rumor that he was caught smoking marijuana in his hotel.

"Not at all," he said. "That's how people get when you don't want to do something, they try to put bad words out on you, rumors and stuff. I just let them put rumors out on me. People are going to believe what they want to believe because they have their own opinion."

Williams is ranked as the nation's No. 7 receiver in the 247Sports Composite. He plans to visit Tennessee this weekend, his final trip before National Signing Day next week.

"I'm tired of the recruiting process," he said. "I hate it. It's annoying. You see what just happened. I took a visit to Auburn and it got blown out of proportion. You know how that goes."

Lucky break for AU....makes me wonder however, why the coaches ever let a guy like this get within ten miles of the campus on a recruit weekend.

Lucky break for AU....makes me wonder however, why the coaches ever let a guy like this get within ten miles of the campus on a recruit weekend.

Ray Rice punching his fiancee was probably a surprise to folks who knew him a lot better than we could possibly expect our coaches to know this kid.

He's a legit 5* WR. You roll the dice and use the opportunity to get to know him better.

Archived