2015 5* WR Preston Williams (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

Lucky break for AU....makes me wonder however, why the coaches ever let a guy like this get within ten miles of the campus on a recruit weekend.

Ray Rice punching his fiancee was probably a surprise to folks who knew him a lot better than we could possibly expect our coaches to know this kid.

He's a legit 5* WR. You roll the dice and use the opportunity to get to know him better.

What's legit 5* got to do with anything?

No...IMO, someone visits him at his school, talks to this coaches and gets the lay of the land before inviting him....rather than "making him take the trip" as he expressed it.

Glad someone had the guts to usher him out though from the story in al.com he should have be invited to hit the road almost from the start...and not surprising, he was not apologetic about it either.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky break for AU....makes me wonder however, why the coaches ever let a guy like this get within ten miles of the campus on a recruit weekend.

Ray Rice punching his fiancee was probably a surprise to folks who knew him a lot better than we could possibly expect our coaches to know this kid.

He's a legit 5* WR. You roll the dice and use the opportunity to get to know him better.

He's very good. So unless you've already gotten major red flags- which we clearly hadn't- you try to get him on campus.

No...IMO, someone visits him at his school, talks to this coaches and gets the lay of the land before inviting him....rather than "making him take the trip" as he expressed it.

How do you know they didn't already do this? I gave an example of somebody who maintained a spotless record in the NFL for years before doing something really, really horrible. You can't predict what every single high school kid is going to do all the time.

He's very good. So unless you've already gotten major red flags- which we clearly hadn't- you try to get him on campus.

How do you know they didn't already do this? I gave an example of somebody who maintained a spotless record in the NFL for years before doing something really, really horrible. You can't predict what every single high school kid is going to do all the time.

Not going to use Ray Rice as an example ...I mean does anyone really believe that was the first time he beat up a girl friend?...or just the first time it got caught on camera. I bet that was not the first time he knocked her senseless. NFL has covered up stuff like this for years. And for God's sake the stupid woman married him anyway.

As for the players....I will just continue my crusade for AU to upgrade the caliber of students that are brought in to AU as the face of our university. Glad this particular guy revealed his true character...but expect some folks will be pleading that he deserves a second chance.

Not going to use Ray Rice as an example ...I mean does anyone really believe that was the first time he beat up a girl friend?...or just the first time it got caught on camera. I bet that was not the first time he knocked her senseless. NFL has covered up stuff like this for years. And for God's sake the stupid woman married him anyway.

As for the players....I will just continue my crusade for AU to upgrade the caliber of students that are brought in to AU as the face of our university. Glad this particular guy revealed his true character...but expect some folks will be pleading that he deserves a second chance.

Hey, somebody's gotta do it, right? WDE, 64

Archived