Muhammad suspended for 2 games

WarTiger

2 games in accordance with the SEC Consitution. So, we still need to find out what the other uat player recieved.

Hasina Muhammad, as well as two Alabama women’s basketball players, was ejected after a brawl erupted in last night’s game. Alabama was leading 28-15 in the end of the first half when Tra’Cee Tanner lined up for a free throw. Soon after, footage shows Alabama’s Breanna Hayden and Muhammad colliding with each other, resulting in a confrontation between the two, where Hayden’s fist connected with Muhammad’s jaw. Chasing Hayden back to the Alabama bench, Muhammad threw a punch, additionally knocking down a game official in her attempts to separate the two. Both Muhammad and Hayden will face a two-game suspension for the incident in accordance with the Southeastern Conference Constitution. ​

Pretty much as expected. I don't think the other uat player will get anything in addition to missing the half she's already missed. If she threw a punch I didn't see it.

Pretty much as expected. I don't think the other uat player will get anything in addition to missing the half she's already missed. If she threw a punch I didn't see it.

That's fine to me....about what they deserved under the rules...but did you notice the UAT gal (Hayden?) waving to the crowd as she left...classy.

You can't throw a punch ... Period. If you do your suspended. I understand the emotion but you gotta accept the punishment. A senior should know to control yourself ... But considering the other in game team displays of situational awareness (shot clock) it's no wonder she made the wrong choice.

http://www.al.com/sp...s_basketba.html

Looks like both players got 3 games total.

No. 2 games.

Alabama and Auburn levied additional one-game suspensions to go along with the NCAA-mandated ejection and suspension of one game. 1 game by the respective universities and one game under the NCAA mandate = 2 games.

http://www.al.com/sp...s_basketba.html

Looks like both players got 3 games total.

No. 2 games.

Alabama and Auburn levied additional one-game suspensions to go along with the NCAA-mandated ejection and suspension of one game. 1 game by the respective universities and one game under the NCAA mandate = 2 games.

10-4, I see that now. Just kinda skimed through it I guess.

If you punch someone in the face because you got tangled up on a rebound....a two game suspension in a possible 30 game season is garbage. It's like missing 1 football game...pretty much meaningless and serves no purpose as a future deterrent...

You can't throw a punch ... Period. If you do your suspended. I understand the emotion but you gotta accept the punishment. A senior should know to control yourself ... But considering the other in game team displays of situational awareness (shot clock) it's no wonder she made the wrong choice.

Yes, that is correct. However, she was sucker punched/slapped and had that been me, as worldly and well traveled as I am, I cannot say that I would not have responded in the same manner. I will support her regardless. Bama coach Kristy Curry has absolutely no class. For those that do not know, she has coached more than one team that has had a history throwing fists during games.

Yes, that is correct. However, she was sucker punched/slapped and had that been me, as worldly and well traveled as I am, I cannot say that I would not have responded in the same manner. I will support her regardless. Bama coach Kristy Curry has absolutely no class. For those that do not know, she has coached more than one team that has had a history throwing fists during games.

Archived