Not only NO, but....

DKW 86

Kind of liked Bush (sr) war hero, understood business, great statesman. I would have voted for him twice had he not lied about not raising taxes. I think Jeb is a bit smarter than his brother. The GOP needs to decide what they stand for if its conservative values then they need to put it out there, too many questions about the party. Besides don't you think its hard for Jeb at the Thanksgiving table being left out of the " When I was President" conversations?

Besides don't you think its hard for Jeb at the Thanksgiving table being left out of the " When I was President" conversations?

Ha,ha!

Of course, if I were Jeb at those family dinners, I would counter with "At least I didn't embarrass myself on the national /international stage as much as you did , Pop and Bro!"

Besides don't you think its hard for Jeb at the Thanksgiving table being left out of the " When I was President" conversations?

Ha,ha!

Of course, if I were Jeb at those family dinners, I would counter with "At least I didn't embarrass myself on the national /international stage as much as you did , Pop and Bro!"

Maybe not as much, but the Terri Schiavo case didn't really reflect well on him.

Not another Bush or Clinton for me.If those are my choices, I will not be voting for a president, just local races.

Not another Bush or Clinton for me.If those are my choices, I will not be voting for a president, just local races.

Or, just a suggestion:

Sometimes when I find no candidate for an office acceptable, I'll write in a name as a protest, just for comic relief, or simply to assure that somewhere in the minutia of historical record, one of my friends or colleagues is memorialized as having received a vote for that office! :big:

Kind of liked Bush (sr) war hero, understood business, great statesman. I would have voted for him twice had he not lied about not raising taxes. I think Jeb is a bit smarter than his brother. The GOP needs to decide what they stand for if its conservative values then they need to put it out there, too many questions about the party. Besides don't you think its hard for Jeb at the Thanksgiving table being left out of the " When I was President" conversations?

Funny, that is exactly why I did vote for him the second time. I detest the "don't tax and spend" model. The government borrowing in the Keynesian sense doesn't bother me as much as the concept of government borrowing just for the sake of us having more government than we are willing to pay for.

Or, just a suggestion:

Sometimes when I find no candidate for an office acceptable, I'll write in a name as a protest, just for comic relief, or simply to assure that somewhere in the minutia of historical record, one of my friends or colleagues is memorialized as having received a vote for that office! :big:/>

i have written in "Aubie" the last 3/4 presidential elections.

Ron Swanson wil once again get my vote if it comes down to Bush/Clinton. I would say the Red Team is smart enough to not let that happen, but Mitt hasn't been told to sit down and shut up yet, so...

Well, I guess you can put me in the minority then. I think Jeb would be interesting, and in fact, I think if the base doesn't make him run to far to the right, he would actually be a decent selection. Depending on the Democratic nominee, if it was Jeb, you may actually have me thinking about who to vote for.

While I was not a fan of W, I think Jeb is different, at least he was decent governor.

channoc.....I agree that Governor's have a leg up on how to be a responsible, qualified leader. Senator's often don't pan out.

Agree, but realize that's not what I meant to say. Edited above.

channoc.....I agree that Governor's have a leg up on how to be a responsible, qualified leader. Senator's often don't pan out.

Agree, but realize that's not what I meant to say. Edited above.

I like someone who has proven themselves as a governor. Track record should account for something. As much as I like Rand Paul and most of his agenda I think John Kasich would be someone who is capable of being a good president....if he decides to run.

W was not a bad governor. At least not that bad. But as a President...

Clinton, again, not a bad Senator. Jeb as governor, well he was okay i guess.

But it is just too much to let two families effectively run the US for 28 of the last 36 years? (1988-2024?)

I would take EITHER over what we have now.......

and I honestly wouldn't. Obama isn't perfect but the idea of making two families of de facto royalty here is too much. At least he is not a Clinton or Bush.

and I honestly wouldn't. Obama isn't perfect but the idea of making two families of de facto royalty here is too much. At least he is not a Clinton or Bush.

I must disagree. If ONLY he were 1/4 of the President that those three were. Alas, barry is not even close.

Archived