2015 4* CB Carlton Davis commits to AU!

CadillacCone

Same as any recruit who's announcing on NSD ..................TV

I understand the 15 minutes of fame, but I prefer the ones who go ahead and commit and help build the class.

They can still do that to a point behind the scenes. For all we know, some could have already committed to the coaches. If the players don't inform the media, then we're none the wiser.

Yep. Sounds like Cowart has been recruiting for Auburn behind the scenes.

That's certainly the hope.

I get all that, but when recruits see a string of top recruits publicly saying they're committed that's a much stronger message IMO. And that's what Alabama has year after year.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be too cynical, gang. Don't forget that they also often get their schools, their coaches, their lesser known teammates and almost always their families on TV. I would venture a guess that at least 50% of the time it's somebody besides the recruit who suggests and orchestrates these events. And it sure as hell isn't the recruits' families and friends who drive up enough demand for them to get streamed live.

I understand the 15 minutes of fame, but I prefer the ones who go ahead and commit and help build the class.

They can still do that to a point behind the scenes. For all we know, some could have already committed to the coaches. If the players don't inform the media, then we're none the wiser.

^^This^^ happens every year. I know we have at least two of those now.

Unfortunately we had one of those last year too that didn't end up at AU.

Negative waves......................................................j/k Wayne

Paranoid

Negative waves......................................................j/k Wayne

Hahaha. Just trying to keep my expectations down a little. I do expect a SONIC BOOM come next week though. War Boom Eagle.

True, very true. But steering back towards the original point, there was no indication in that case that he was doing anything to build the class. If what has been speculated to be happening this year is true, we have had some working behind the scenes to class build.

And sort of to your point, even a public announcement doesn't necessarily prevent a signing day flip.

True, very true. But steering back towards the original point, there was no indication in that case that he was doing anything to build the class. If what has been speculated to be happening this year is true, we have had some working behind the seems to class build.

And sort of to your point, even a public announcement doesn't necessarily prevent a signing day flip.

Good point. I hope it all plays out like most think it will. It will be a great day for AU.

I want this bad, but the longer it goes between his decommit and pulling the trigger for the good guys the more nervous I get.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of his commiting to AU. He will do it on his own time and way. His family told Urban to not even bother w/ an in home visit this week. That was their way of saying Ohio St. is out. There are no other teams involved. CD is All AU.

If this happens, I would love to hear what pulled him to Auburn. Interested to hear from him

Just a guess but I bet he might say T Rob and CWM.

If this happens, I would love to hear what pulled him to Auburn. Interested to hear from him

That and distance became a big factor.

No telling, but if you are from Miami and you visit Ohio State in January, that may not be a great thing either. The cold weather could have played a factor

I want this bad, but the longer it goes between his decommit and pulling the trigger for the good guys the more nervous I get.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of his commiting to AU. He will do it on his own time and way. His family told Urban to not even bother w/ an in home visit this week. That was their way of saying Ohio St. is out. There are no other teams involved. CD is All AU.

I like to hear this!

No telling, but if you are from Miami and you visit Ohio State in January, that may not be a great thing either. The cold weather could have played a factor

Hahahaha that too

Archived