2015 4* CB Carlton Davis commits to AU!

CadillacCone

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a pretty strong flip, not only due to star power but also bc tOSU just won a natty. You'd think that momentum would prevent any defections.

This AU staff is VERY good at recruiting. Next years class is going to be unreal IMO.

Yep. 2016 was really the target year, as an old saying is the second class after a Natty appearance is the one that lands the big haul. I would say, with the defensive coaching moves, that kept us on track.

It is making a big assumption that our defensive staff, mainly Muschamp, stays more than one year.

I would say the 3 year contract of being the highest paid DC in college football keeps him here more than one year. He's making more than most HC's, only way he leaves IMO is for the pros as a DC.

Who honestly cares what bama thinks?

Not I. One reason I rarely even post anything in them and in particular, Saban. I don't worry about trying to come up with cheesy nicknames or what the next conspiracy will be. They are total non-factors to me. Could care less.

It shouldn't have been hard to flip him they osu had like 4 or 5 corners signed and 3 were higher rated than him. Playing time should make this an easy decision

Yeah its funny he is an OSU commit, but has zero CBs to him...

I was very upset losing the 6'4 CB to Kentucky, and about most of these other DBs being 5'9 and under. But this guy makes up for it. I really hope we get him.

I was very upset losing the 6'4 CB to Kentucky, and about most of these other DBs being 5'9 and under. But this guy makes up for it. I really hope we get him.

I wouldn't say we lost him to Kentucky. We're getting better prospects at the position.

The only 5'9" or under guy we have is Irvin. And he's gonna be more of a nickel back than pure corner, IIRC

OSU grad and season ticket holder friend of mine tells me that they have written Davis off and hear he is going to AU. He thinks Davis may have already told Urban. My buddy also says the staff was high on Davis. It is not a case of OSU not having room for him. They wanted him. Come on down Mr. Davis!!

The only 5'9" or under guy we have is Irvin. And he's gonna be more of a nickel back than pure corner, IIRC

Athletic, cover corners don't often come in 6'4" packages.

I wouldn't say we lost him to Kentucky. We're getting better prospects at the position.

Totally agree. I worded it incorrectly.

It's going to be really interesting to see what Redwine does over the next few days. If he doesn't commit publicly then I'd say Carlton is a lock.

I've seen quite a few Ohio State people say this is a guy that they would really hate to lose. Say he can change the back end of a defense. Would be exciting to get him! Have to think with Redwine "decommiting" from Louisville and AU not accepting his commitment and recommitting to LOU has to be a good thing in regards to C. Davis.

I've seen quite a few Ohio State people say this is a guy that they would really hate to lose. Say he can change the back end of a defense. Would be exciting to get him! Have to think with Redwine "decommiting" from Louisville and AU not accepting his commitment and recommitting to LOU has to be a good thing in regards to C. Davis.

Agreed

It's going to be really interesting to see what Redwine does over the next few days. If he doesn't commit publicly then I'd say Carlton is a lock.

It's been a bizarre week for Louisville.

With news swirling DC Todd Grantham was in talks with the Raiders, news broke Tuesday night that top DB recruitSheldrick Redwine had de-committed from the Cardinals following a home visit with UofL and was ready to commit to Auburn, where he visited recently.

But AuburnUndercover reported that the Tigers weren't prepared to accept his commitment while they sorted numbers.

So, after presumably removing his name at Louisville, Redwine dropped his own bombshell Wednesday morning, announcing that he's back in the fold for the Cardinals and that he will sign with Bobby Petrino's program next Wednesday.

Redwine's re-commitment is a big deal for Louisville, who must replace all four starters in the secondary next season, including three underclassman who left for the NFL Draft.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Twists-and-turns-Redwine-back-in-fold-for-Louisville-35132820

So maybe we're not taking 3 CB's after all. The numbers situations is a headache.

Since the quality of players we are talking about are 4* and 5* it is a good issue to have that we are feeling up with top notch players

So maybe we're not taking 3 CB's after all. The numbers situations is a headache.

Since the quality of players we are talking about are 4* and 5* it is a good issue to have that we are feeling up with top notch players

I hope we're not "feeling up" anyone, regardless of how top notch of a player they might be. But I get your sentiment, and I agree. This is a good problem to have, it just makes the prognosticating tricky.

Archived